Arkhamverse Allies #43: Green Arrow

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #43: Green Arrow

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 25th, 2012, 1:29 pm

Real Name - Oliver Queen
Occupation - CEO Queen Industries
Based in - Star City
Eye Colour - Green
Hair Colour - Blond
Height - 6 ft
Weight - 195 lbs
First Appearance - More Fun Comics #73 (November, 1941)
Attributes
- millionaire playboy transformed into a master archer during years stranded on an island
- developed a strong social conscience after his family fortune was stolen by a corrupt employee
- regained wealth through skilled manipulation of stock offerings

Arkham City Bio
N/A
Additional Information
You decide!

Possible role in Arkham Origins
You decide!

Possible role in Arkham 3
You decide!

Essential reading
You decide!

Chances of appearing in Arkham Origins
?/10

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
?/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #43: Green Arrow

Postby jifw52 » May 12th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Possible Role in Arkham 3: Green Arrow will assist Batman in taking down Scarecrow, as the Justice League is distracted by a different threat in Gotham (Doomsday? Sinestro?).
Chances of appearing in Arkham 3: 2/10
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby TheBalzan » May 13th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Essential Reading
Green Lantern/ Green Arrow (Hard Travelling Heroes), Dennis O'Neil and Neil Adams
Long Bow Hunters, Mike Grell
Year One, Andy Diggle and Jock
Quiver, Kevin Smith
Moving Targets, Judd Winick
TheBalzan

Postby Dr. Arrow » May 13th, 2013, 7:59 pm

TheBalzan wrote:Essential Reading
Green Lantern/ Green Arrow (Hard Travelling Heroes), Dennis O'Neil and Neil Adams
Long Bow Hunters, Mike Grell
Year One, Andy Diggle and Jock
Quiver, Kevin Smith
Moving Targets, Judd Winick

Long Bow Hunters is my personal favorite.

I think Green Arrow would be the best fit in the Arkham games especially if they use his look from the Arrow TV Show. With that said, I think there is about a 2.5/10 chance of him being in Origins. The setting would fit with the Arrow version. If you have seen the show, Green Arrow isn't above killing (at least at the moment) and I think it would be really neat to have the younger Batman show the younger Green Arrow that killing isn't the answer (developing Batman as a mentor and further developing his Batman code). However, I don't think, even though he is one of my favorite DC heroes, that his popularity is high enough yet. Maybe he'll have an appearance in the sequel to AC.
Dr. Arrow

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby basilkarlo96 » May 16th, 2013, 3:25 am

Green arrow definitely shouldn't make a live appearance. This isn't a brave and the bold game, although that would be really cool. They should make a secret file hidden in the bat computer detailing the tower babel contingency plans. If not for a WB Montreal or Rocksteady studios justice league it would be an amazing Easter egg. Now that I got that off my mind ill get back to Green Arrow. If they use Merlyn as one of the assassins Bruce could call Ollie on his cowl and ask him for advice in taking on the deadly archer.
"I'm thinking about starting a comic, called The Adventures of Grant Morrison. It'll be about the weird adventures he goes on when he's high." - Guy in comic shop
basilkarlo96

Favourite Villain: Wesker Ventriloquist

Postby Dr. Arrow » May 17th, 2013, 12:14 am

Like I said before, I think, if done right, he would be a great addition. And if he was used, they would probably go with a darker version of him (like how he is portrayed on the Arrow TV show). Frankly of all the Justice League, he and Black Canary fit the dark tone of the Arkhamverse the best in my opinion (of course I'm biased). I think too many people see him as he was back in More Fun Comics #73 when he first appeared in the DC universe. He has definitely changed a lot since then.
Dr. Arrow

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 18th, 2013, 11:44 am

Eh. Please don't follow the TV show portrayal of Ollie. I like 'Arrow' but that interpretation of the character should stay there. Stay true to the comics please.

Possible Role in Origins: (Side mission) Ollie has only recently returned from his abandonment on 'The Island' after the events of Green Arrow: Year One. He makes his way to Gotham City after hearing rumours that China White has returned to America to set up a new opium operation. Coincidently she sets up shop in New-Gotham, unaware to much of Gotham's criminal al underworld until the events of Arkham Origins. Ollie decides to travel to Gotham to make sure White can't peddle any more drugs and ruin anymore lives in the process.

While patrolling the skies of New Gotham, you spot the emerald archer perched above a roof attaching a cable to an arrow. As you approach him Ollie explains the situation to Batman but the two have a fractious relationship. Bruce in his early years looks down on Green Arrow because he hasn't yet fully established himself as a significant crime-fighter. Bruce reluctantly agrees to help and the two (Ollie moving down his zip wire, Bruce using his line launcher) crash through the opposite building and begin taking down White's men. The two successfully take out the guards but white is no where to be seen.

Don't know to go from there really...
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Dr. Arrow » May 18th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:Eh. Please don't follow the TV show portrayal of Ollie. I like 'Arrow' but that interpretation of the character should stay there. Stay true to the comics please.

Possible Role in Origins: (Side mission) Ollie has only recently returned from his abandonment on 'The Island' after the events of Green Arrow: Year One. He makes his way to Gotham City after hearing rumours that China White has returned to America to set up a new opium operation. Coincidently she sets up shop in New-Gotham, unaware to much of Gotham's criminal al underworld until the events of Arkham Origins. Ollie decides to travel to Gotham to make sure White can't peddle any more drugs and ruin anymore lives in the process.

While patrolling the skies of New Gotham, you spot the emerald archer perched above a roof attaching a cable to an arrow. As you approach him Ollie explains the situation to Batman but the two have a fractious relationship. Bruce in his early years looks down on Green Arrow because he hasn't yet fully established himself as a significant crime-fighter. Bruce reluctantly agrees to help and the two (Ollie moving down his zip wire, Bruce using his line launcher) crash through the opposite building and begin taking down White's men. The two successfully take out the guards but white is no where to be seen.

I wasn't necessarily saying the Arrow interpretation should be used in a possible appearance (sorry I was still pretty blown away by the finale when I made that last comment). I was just saying he should be given a dark or gritty tone if he appears. In other words, more like Green Arrow: Year One or Long Bow Hunters. So I think we do agree there.

Your 'Possible Role in Origins' is dead-on to what I was getting at. Ollie chasing down China White early in his career, Bruce is kind of angered by a would-be vigilante on his turf, Ollie maybe knows more about China White than Bruce wants to admit, and Ollie is a little bit more "green" than he wants to admit. They both reluctantly agree to work together. It would make a good side mission.
Dr. Arrow

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 18th, 2013, 10:58 pm

Dr. Arrow wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:Eh. Please don't follow the TV show portrayal of Ollie. I like 'Arrow' but that interpretation of the character should stay there. Stay true to the comics please.

I wasn't necessarily saying the Arrow interpretation should be used in a possible appearance (sorry I was still pretty blown away by the finale when I made that last comment). I was just saying he should be given a dark or gritty tone if he appears. In other words, more like Green Arrow: Year One or Long Bow Hunters. So I think we do agree there.

Your 'Possible Role in Origins' is dead-on to what I was getting at. Ollie chasing down China White early in his career, Bruce is kind of angered by a would-be vigilante on his turf, Ollie maybe knows more about China White than Bruce wants to admit, and Ollie is a little bit more "green" than he wants to admit. They both reluctantly agree to work together. It would make a good side mission.

Year One is my favourite GA: Story ever, so you have no qualms with me there. :oldyella:

Further Reading: The Question: Epitaph for a Hero
Harvey Bullock

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 19th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Chances of appearing in Arkham Origins: 7/10

Chances of appearing in Arkham Three: 6/10

EDIT: I'm thinking he's more of a 7/10 now that we saw a reference to him.
Harvey Bullock

Postby Dr. Arrow » May 21st, 2013, 3:30 am

Harvey Bullock wrote:Chances of appearing in Arkham Origins: 7/10

I'd hate to say it but if that reference had been a snake, it would have bit me. I can't believe I missed the reference when I first watched the trailer.
Dr. Arrow

Postby Harvey Bullock » May 21st, 2013, 3:04 pm

Dr. Arrow wrote:

I'd hate to say it but if that reference had been a snake, it would have bit me. I can't believe I missed the reference when I first watched the trailer.

It was the first thing I noticed. :lol: I'd be ECSTATIC if Ollie was in this game. Gives me the hope that later down the line we could perhaps see a certain faceless crime fighter join the arkhamverse.
Harvey Bullock

Postby Dr. Arrow » May 21st, 2013, 5:59 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
Dr. Arrow wrote:

It was the first thing I noticed. :lol: I'd be ECSTATIC if Ollie was in this game. Gives me the hope that later down the line we could perhaps see a certain faceless crime fighter join the arkhamverse.

I could see that happening. He has crossed paths with both Green Arrow and Batman. In my opinion, he and Ollie would be a great additions to the Arkhamverse.
Dr. Arrow

Postby Catwoman » May 29th, 2013, 12:12 am

I personally think with this assassin storyline the chances are high. I don't know maybe because part of me thinks merlyn would make a great choice as an assassin. But that's just my thought and hope and if merlyns there maybe Ollie could be there.

That's all hope though. I think chances are low
Catwoman

Favourite Villain: Two-face, Deadshot
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Return to Arkhamverse Allies