Arkhamverse Villains #7: The Riddler

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #7: The Riddler

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 19th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Well done to the first contestant! Is TheJester the only one capable of matching wits with the mighty genius of I, The Riddler? :riddler:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby TheJester » Feb 19th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Red_Robin wrote:Well done to the first contestant! Is TheJester the only one capable of matching wits with the mighty genius of I, The Riddler? :riddler:

Bring it byatch!

I always seem to be the only member to be writing additional infos lately...
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Skare_Krow_ » Feb 19th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Additional Information: Edward Nashton aka Edward Nigma aka the Riddler is undoubtably one of Batman's more intelligent villians. Physically abused as a child, Edward's escape was his mind and he committed himself to developing a wit above everyone else's no matter the cost. His arrogance is his undoing though, and the Dark Knight stops his crimes more often than not because Edward overestimates himself and underestimates Batman's mental prowess. His mission is to rid the world of its ignorant and stupid population, which he weeds out from the intelligent using "games" designed to kill them if they aren't smart enough to escape. Regular defeats at the hands of Batman have given him an obsession with proving that he is smarter than the Bat, and he will stop at nothing to prove it.

Possible Role: Riddle me this: How do you follow up taking the Arkham City medical team hostage? The answer will be found in the next game and will undoubtably be a test of Batman's mind and will.The lunatic-wearing-a-Bat-costume has beaten Edward again; but no one is smarter than the Riddler, no one. Watch out for bigger, badder, more mind-bending challenges as Riddler once again matches wits with the Dark Knight.

Chances of Appearing in A3: 10/10
"Your mind will shatter like glass"
Skare_Krow_

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby blacksad » Feb 20th, 2012, 12:58 am

Great quote! :oldyella: Was that over the top? I never can tell...
Did anyone catch the game last night?
blacksad

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The DK Strikes Again

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Feb 20th, 2012, 3:28 am

TheJester wrote:Additional Information:
Abused brutally as a child, Edward became obsessed with trying to prove his worth to others via his impressive IQ - though often cheated and boasted his way to the top. By donning the persona of the Riddler, he soon became over-confident of his abilities, and grew a narcissistic attitude and a compulsive need for attention. Despite lacking physical strength, Riddler's mind bending puzzles and death traps provide a strong psychological  opposition for the Dark Knight. He sees it as a personal mission to rid the world of the stupid, and dreams of solving the ultimate riddle - Batman's true identity.

Possible Role in A3:
Riddler will no doubt want even more revenge against Batman, after being outsmarted twice by the Dark Knight. His riddlers and challenges will no doubt by apart of A3, testing the player's wits once again, however he may appear in the storyline briefly, perhaps having an alliance with Hush, similar to the plot in the graphic novel Hush

Essential Reading: 
Batman: Hush, Detective Comics 822 and 828, Secret Origins Special 1, The Long Halloween (I guess), Catwoman: When In Rome

Chances of appearing: 10/10

I was going to say Catwoman: When in Rome, but he's such a little bietch in it. lol He's all short like mad hatter. haha good additional info btw

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Enigma » Feb 20th, 2012, 4:37 am

Possible Role in Arkham 3:
After failing to create a genius (or elaborate) enough puzzle for the Dark Knight in AC, the Riddler is back to the drawing board. He may decide that upping the stakes again is the best course of action -- although it's anyone's guess how he'll out-do live hostages. Perhaps dogs with lasers? Or he may decide a different approach is neccesary. Trapping Batman in a cyber-world of his own creation is entirely possible; especially since Batman will require his mental prowess over his physical one.

Red_Robin wrote:Well done to the first contestant! Is TheJester the only one capable of matching wits with the mighty genius of I, The Riddler? :riddler:

Riddler, I think you've forgetten about Batman.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Guest » Feb 20th, 2012, 9:45 am

Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3: 9/10
The Riddler is probably the second biggest enemy in the Arkhamverse so it is unlikely (though not impossible) that he will sit on the sideline for the third game.

The only thing I can think of that the Riddler could do that is different, is team up with another super villain like Scarecrow or Black Mask.

Postby CRUZ » Feb 20th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Chances of appearing 9/10 cause RS loves this guy !

-- Feb 20th, 2012, 3:51 pm --

Guest wrote:Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3: 9/10
The Riddler is probably the second biggest enemy in the Arkhamverse so it is unlikely (though not impossible) that he will sit on the sideline for the third game.

The only thing I can think of that the Riddler could do that is different, is team up with another super villain like Scarecrow or Black Mask.

Advisor for a mob boss...
CRUZ

Favourite Villain: Black Mask and Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby KILLER CROC 3012 » Feb 20th, 2012, 9:10 pm

I would like to K.O his bataran a protective barrier to the main story 10/10

-- Feb 20th, 2012, 9:17 pm --

And I know that he is frail sniveller of the DCU that could be cut down very easy, even slap in the face Alfred. :alfred:
scarecrow its Dr.Stockma for TMNT.(surgical intervention after each encounter with Batman!)
KILLER CROC 3012

Favourite Villain: MR.FREEZE and CROC!
Favourite Graphic Novel: ALL GOOD

Postby Hush__ » Feb 25th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Possible Role: Riddler is rumoured to have teamed up with Black Mask and together they will pose one of the Dark Knight's greatest threats. With the intelligence of Edward and the man power and mob-boss know-how of Black Mask, this duo could soon become the most powerful criminal enterprise and will prove more than a match for that other pesky Dynamic Duo...
Check out the Batman: Arkhamverse facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkhamverse
Hush__

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush/TheKillingJoke

Postby GothamCityCitizen » Mar 11th, 2012, 8:00 am

9/10

I see The Riddler coming back in Arkham 3 better than ever much like he did in AC after AA with more riddles, more death traps, and a more physical presence.....I see RS really improving his death traps with even more violent environments and for Batman to really have to put his thinking cap on.....I don't know why but I just can't see him teaming up with another villain in Arkham 3 because of his arrongance in his own intelligence he'd refuse the help of anyone else.....I mean come on whats an Arkham game without seeing a bunch of random green question marks everywhere :?:
100% Arkham Asylum
100% Arkham City
0% Internet help
GothamCityCitizen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby batmanarkham96 » Mar 18th, 2012, 7:47 am

Chance: 6.5/10

I think RS should keep all the Riddler trophies, riddles and the Riddler's Revenge. But I also want him to have a mission or level where he has taken hostage a bank or a hospital and you have to work your way up to him rather than him just tormenting Bats through the radio
batmanarkham96

Favourite Villain: Hush, Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One, Hush

Postby SenSx » Jun 7th, 2012, 2:24 pm

No doubt possible, Riddler will be in Arkham 3.
First, I thought it would be annoying to have him again with his trophies and clues.
Those gameplay mechanics will be carried over, but I was criticizing the overused character himself.
But who could replace him? and why removing him whereas players has now understood his iconography?( Players now know what a Riddler trophy means, and what it is supposed to invlove).
No in terms of gameplay RS can remove Riddler.

So I think RS now has to make him more important i the story, not to have something to repetitiv.
He could learn Batman identity, and play with him ( for exemple, asking him, who is Batman? and forcing the player to enter the word: BRUCE WAYNE in the mystery box, he could attack Wayne Manor, or Alfred or soemthing like that...).
I think he might become obscessed with Batman identity, since Strange told him he knew about it.
And it would be like the Hush comics, in which Riddler learns who is Bats.
He could work with Hush as well like in the novel, as mentionned previously.

10/10 :riddler:
SenSx

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby KingOfEngima411 » Apr 29th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Chance Of Appearing 10/10

What about all the players who try to get all the riddles? It would be really depressing for a game expected to be the biggest and theres no riddler trophies? This game would get old quick once you beat the campaign and all the second missions. I still play A2 because I want all the riddles and to finish it 100% Also the game would be way more easier to get 100% complete if there were no riddles.
"I am man of few words,
but many riddles"
-Frank Gorshin

R.I.P Frank
KingOfEngima411

Favourite Villain: Riddler/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mr.Freeze

Postby Dollotron » Jul 13th, 2013, 10:29 am

Possible A3 role: The Riddler leaves his trophies around Gotham and Batman must find all of them. Every so often, Riddler reveals reveals the location of one of his bombs throughout Gotham, mostly located in the other villains lair's or highly or areas with a lot of people like the mall or city hall. The last location is Riddler's own hideout below Gotham and he will blow it up if Batman doesn't reveal his identity in half an hour. Batman goes after Riddler and finds Riddler with the remnants of the Titan formula from the asylum. Riddler pushes a button, and four thugs throughout Gotham turn into Titan henchmen, and Batman must take them all out after he takes out the Riddler and ties him up below Gotham for later pickup.
Dollotron

Favourite Villain: Professor Pyg

PreviousNext

Return to Arkhamverse Villains