Arkhamverse Villains #10: Penguin

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3

Poll ended at Mar 16th, 2012, 1:15 pm

10/10
14%
9/10
16%
8/10
22%
7/10
19%
6/10
13%
5/10
8%
4/10
4%
3/10
1%
2/10
No votes
1/10
0%
0/10
1%

Total votes : 276

Arkhamverse Villains #10: Penguin

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 11th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Real Name - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot
Occupation - Black Market Racketeer
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Black
Height - 4 ft 10 in
Weight - 175 lbs
First Appearance - Detective Comics #58 (December, 1941)
Attributes
- Criminal and financial mastermind
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant
- Driven to prove himself
- Emplys various weapons

Arkham City Bio
The Penguin is an eccentric criminal mastermind known for his shady business dealings. Born into the wealthy Cobblepot family, Oswald was sent overseas for school as a boy. When his family hit hard times, Cobblepot immersed himself in a criminal education on the streets of London.
Years later, he re-emerged as the Penguin, a black-market arms dealer in Gotham, facilitating the illegal financial activities that fund much of the city's underworld.
The Penguin seems to be prospering within Arkham City as the leader of it's emerging black market.

Additional Information
The Penguin's alias first came from a childhood taunt, leveled by bullies who teased him because of his grotesque appearance and love of birds. Though hating the nickname, Cobblepot found this alias made him more known in the criminal underworld. In keeping with his family's tradition of wealth, the Penguin lives a life of crime, yet executes it with his class and style, including buying the now infamous Iceberg Lounge; guests who have included Bruce Wayne and even The Joker. Unlike most of Batman's rogue gallery, the Penguin is completely sane, making him certainly a unique opponent for the Dark Knight. Thanks to TheJester.

Possible role in Arkham 3
Penguin is a man who needs to be in control If someone wants it, I like to think Ive got it. and if a gang war takes place, Penguin will try his damnedest to gain control, but after Arkahm city his numbers have dwindled, so he must find a way to recruit many for his army if he wants to tackle the likes of Two-Face and Black Mask.Penguin is a danger to both Batman and Bruce Wayne, wanting revenge for the humiliating defeat he suffered at the hands of Batman and still holding his grudge against Bruce (who he most likely hates more after the events of Arkham city). You can bet your best trick-umbrella that Penguin won't be stuck in his display case prison for long and once he breaks out, someone's going to pay. Since Batman and Freeze were the ones who put him there you can bet that they'll be number one on his list. Maybe Cobblepot is going to kidnap Freeze's wife and use him as a hitman while holding her ransom. Penguin's also going to need to re-establish himself in Gotham's underworld possibly by going to war with Two-Face or Black Mask. With Freeze as a henchman and Joker out of the picture, will anything be able to stop this crazy bird from taking over the city? Thanks to Crane & Hush__.

Essential reading
No Mans Land Vol. 2, Detective Comics #58, Brightest Day, Penguin: Pain and Prejudice Thanks to TheJester.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
8/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #10: Penguin

Postby Maultest » Mar 9th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Chances 7/10
Possiblerole: he will no doubt be wanting revenge against batman, bruce wanye and mister freeze. He would make a good ally due to his aresenal.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby johnsyggel » Mar 9th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Chances 5/10.If he returns he will do it as a villain,not as an ally.He wants revenge,after all.
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby gary2692 » Mar 9th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Penguin must come in Arkham three. i loved him in Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby arkhamcitydood » Mar 9th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Chances of Appearng: 8/10. Why? Because Mr. North probably wont return, but I got my fingers crossed.
Possible role: Revenge. Thats really it.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Guest » Mar 9th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Possible Role: Cameo, Easter egg or Side Mission.

Postby Fozzie026 » Mar 9th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3: 7/10. Penguin will want revenge, however his role in Arkham City was big enough to be able to leave him out of the next game.
Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.
Fozzie026

Postby Enigma » Mar 9th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3:
A popular 7/10. He may be inactive for now, but no one messes with The Penguin. I'm sure he'll escape and return to his villainous ways.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Hewit » Mar 9th, 2012, 11:33 pm

I´ll give him a 3/10 that he will appear again. Because he had his fun with batman so the other way....
The next game isnt probably about bringing all the villains from AC back.....
Hewit

Favourite Villain: Firefly

Postby Rain » Mar 10th, 2012, 6:00 am

6/10 He'll atleast get some exposure because even the likes of scarface, who did nothing really-plot wise in both games had an appearance. I think we may see a commercial for the Iceberg Lounge or see him as a victim of something or someone. :blackmask:
Rain

Favourite Villain: Bane (In Knightfall)
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby AbStar921 » Mar 10th, 2012, 7:02 am

8/10. I would love for him to come back, he' was great. They'll have to give him a bit of a new motivation though.

Essential viewing? "Birds of a Feather" from BTAS. This is one of the saddest, best and most overlooked episodes of the show.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby GothamCityCitizen » Mar 11th, 2012, 9:01 am

8/10

The Penguin was represented amazingly in AC as far as appearance, demeanor, and voice acting..... It was all spot on and I think he's just too involved and too major of a character now for RS to leave him out of Arkham 3.....Whether its just selling guns or another major role in the storyline The Penguin will be involved somehow.....The detail and attention RS gave to his Museum and his Iceberg Lounge was incredible and I would love to see more of it in Arkham 3
100% Arkham Asylum
100% Arkham City
0% Internet help
GothamCityCitizen

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Crane » Mar 11th, 2012, 10:04 am

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3: 7/10 Probably my favorite character in Arkham city would love if he returned ::D Great voice, great appearance and his museum was pretty awesome. ::D

-- Mar 11th, 2012, 10:29 am --

Possible role in Arkham 3: Penguin is a man who needs to be in control If someone wants it, I like to think Ive got it. and if a gang war takes place, Penguin will try his damnedest to gain control, but after Arkahm city his numbers have dwindled, so he must find a way to recruit many for his army if he wants to tackle the likes of Two-Face and Black Mask.Penguin is a danger to both Batman and Bruce Wayne, wanting revenge for the humiliating defeat he suffered at the hands of Batman and still holding his grudge against Bruce (who he most likely hates more after the events of Arkham city).
Made by Bane
Crane

Favourite Villain: ScarecrowTwoface
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKReturns

Postby JokerFan101 » Mar 11th, 2012, 11:50 pm

Penguin was voiced really well by Nolan North in Batman: Arkham City. Loved the character in the game and I thought it was a triumphant moment beating him and watching Mister Freeze squish his hand and threaten him. lol :heath: . It would be nice to see him again in the next game, but not as big of a role in AC. 6/10 chance of appearing in the next game. :penguin:
Thanks for the entertainment, Bats!~Joker
JokerFan101

Favourite Villain: Joker/Scarecrow

Postby Hush__ » Mar 12th, 2012, 12:05 am

Additional Information: “I’m what you might call: a collector.” A dangerous mob-boss with an obsession for rare-items, trick umbrellas, and a certain flightless bird, Oswald Cobblepot does everything with style: whether it’s hosting a banquet for Gotham’s upper-class in his Iceberg Lounge or warring with other gangs for control of Gotham’s underworld. Being bullied, beaten, and injured time after time over the course of his life and constant gang-wars with Joker, Two-Face, Black Mask, and the rest of Gotham’s scum have hardened Penguin into a brutal and merciless figure. This foul-tempered fowl will stop at nothing to be the best and always gets lots of bang for his buck. He is determined to see his name put above all other's: The Penguin will instil more fear than Joker, Two-Face, or even Scarecrow; and Cobblepot will be the classiest name around, instead of those hated Waynes.

Possible Role in A3: You can bet your best trick-umbrella that Penguin won't be stuck in his display case prison for long and once he breaks out, someone's going to pay. Since Batman and Freeze were the ones who put him there you can bet that they'll be number one on his list. Maybe Cobblepot is going to kidnap Freeze's wife and use him as a hitman while holding her ransom. Penguin's also going to need to re-establish himself in Gotham's underworld possibly by going to war with Two-Face or Black Mask. With Freeze as a henchman and Joker out of the picture, will anything be able to stop this crazy bird from taking over the city?

Chances of Appearing: 9/10

Loved Nolan North's voice in AC. I expect him to be back and kicking for A3.

Is anyone else going to write an additional info this time? What happened to the days when 4 or 5 people duked it out for bragging rights? Now it seems like all you have to do to get posted is actually bother to write something...where's the fun in that? Let's bring some spirit back to these and make them fun and competative again.
Check out the Batman: Arkhamverse facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkhamverse
Hush__

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush/TheKillingJoke

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Villains