Arkhamverse Villians #13: Bane

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villians #13: Bane

Postby ShadowRaven » Mar 30th, 2012, 10:58 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:
Head of the Demon wrote:I think people really under estimate Bane and Rocksteady has underused him, but Arkham 3 is their chance. Lets not forget Bane was written as a cunning strategist and one of the few people besides Batman to be considered a successor to Ra's Al Ghul (Possible Role in next game?). I think they need to return Bane to center and play him much more in round 3.

They had their chance in AC. They still failed to satisfy us.

To be fair, I think Bane was far smarter in AC than in AA. He actually had a plan. And a good one! It might have even succeeded if he hadn't been forced to carry the Villain Ball. I think the reason that people are disappointed is because, inevitably, he ended up being a very minor character, just like all the other side mission villains. If he'd been given more screen time, we might have seen more of his intelligence. Personally, I like to think that he still had Titan in his system, and was thus intellectually impaired. Since the Arkhamverse Bane is (apparently) characterized as an addict, it does not surprise me that he would want more of the Titan after having tasted it once. But since its now canon that all of the Titan has been destroyed (unless strange stored some), Bane will be forced to go back to the "lower grade" stuff. Which means (hopefully) if he appears in A3, he'll be smaller, but smarter. I'd love to see a Bane who fights Batman like this:

ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Guest » Mar 31st, 2012, 4:17 am

10/!0 not all titan destroyed

Postby LiAm_SOLLO- » Mar 31st, 2012, 9:13 am

8/10 - He will most likely be back.
Thankyou Maultest!
LiAm_SOLLO-

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke, KM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby Peel » Mar 31st, 2012, 11:03 am

7/10, so what if all of the titan crates are destroyed? More could be made. Heck, I can see a cool plot twist where during Tommy Elliot's work in Arkham Asylum, he was blackmailing Dr Young to find out the formula for the titan. Something like that would be cool but I agree that we need to see more of Bane's intellect.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby GothamCityCitizen » Mar 31st, 2012, 2:14 pm

8/10

Bane will be back.....He had a decent boss fight in AA and a minor side mission in AC, but I see him showing the best version of himself in A3.....Rocksteady has done his brute strength, power, and toughness great justice(ripping giant chunks out of the wall in AA and survivng the batmobile hitting him and driving him into the water) but has left him on the short end on his intelliectual side.....I think we will see him use more strategy and intelligence along with his power and strength to be a more complete Bane that will give Batman some big problems.....I also think with the release of The Dark Knight Returns this summer it will remind Rocksteady just how cunning Bane can be as he will use his strategy skills and fighting skills in the upcoming movie.....I see a better plan from Bane and an even better boss fight
100% Arkham Asylum
100% Arkham City
0% Internet help
GothamCityCitizen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Guest » Mar 31st, 2012, 4:41 pm

[quote="Guest"]10/10 not all titan destroyed[/quote]

Postby Scarecrow112 » Mar 31st, 2012, 9:38 pm

Possible Role in A3: After being humiliated by Batman for a second time Bane will most likely try to find the Dark knight and try to break him, as well as trying to salvage whatever's left of the Titan in Arkham City

Chances of Appearing: 6/10
Thanks to Maultest for the awesome sig
Scarecrow112

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death of the Family

Postby Hush__ » Apr 1st, 2012, 1:00 am

Additional Information: Bane’s upbringing in a Caribbean prison gave him a will made of iron. The use of the super-steroid Venom seems to have given him a measure of arrogance and stubbornness though, and that has led to defeats at the hands of the Dark Knight. Bane has clearly not been at the top of his game recently, but when he is, he is always one of Batman’s top threats. His studies in prison have boosted his intelligence to the point where Ra’s al Ghul once said that Bane “has a mind equal to the greatest I have known”. This mind, combined with super-human strength, once managed to break Batman’s back, and could do it again if Bane sets his will to it.

Possible Role in A3: Bane will once again try to beat the Bat in A3. After two defeats in a row, Bane will probably (hopefully) be more calculating this time around and put more thought into his evil designs on the Dark Knight. If his scheming prowess begins to fire on all cylinders, we could really see anything from this super-powered strongman. Maybe he'll team up with another villain to take Batman down or maybe he'll use another villain without them knowing it. Bane is dangerous and just maybe the third time's the charm in his quest to permanently break the Bat.

Chances of Appearing: 7/10

Let's see some more entries in Additional Info again!
Check out the Batman: Arkhamverse facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkhamverse
Hush__

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush/TheKillingJoke

Postby Batboy » Apr 1st, 2012, 10:40 am

I don't want to see him in A3!! As a riddle but nothing more...
Batboy

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow Mad Hatter
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Hush

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:07 am

Batboy wrote:I don't want to see him in A3!! As a riddle but nothing more...

Are you serioous!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!? He gave AA a major boost and Ac a bit of extra playing time!!! He's bound to be in A3
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Postby AbStar921 » Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:53 am

I'm trying to think of what they could do with Bane and I'm not having much success. I wouldn't be bothered if he wasn't in the third game. Though if they built him up, gave him a bigger role (outside of Titan, if Titan is in the next game I will break something!) and had him literally try to break the Dark Knight, I would like that.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Hobgoblin » Apr 2nd, 2012, 4:10 pm

ShadowRaven wrote:So by the time of Arkham City, Knightfall has already occurred?

Partially. One notable difference is that Jean Paul did not replace Batman for a while, judging by the fact that Batman needs to be told about the Order of St. Dumas in Arkham City.
Hobgoblin

Favourite Villain: Firefly or Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby JJJ » Apr 2nd, 2012, 8:06 pm

I hope that RS introduces Bane as the mastermind he truly is in A3. Keep Titan out of it. I'd say that his true chances of appearing in A3 is 8/10. His character just feels unfinished for me, because both times he's been portrayed as stupid pile of muscles.

BTW, who else would like to see an article like about Crazy Quilt? After all, he was mentioned in AC.
JJJ

Favourite Villain: Black Adam

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 2nd, 2012, 8:21 pm

Hobgoblin wrote:
ShadowRaven wrote:So by the time of Arkham City, Knightfall has already occurred?

Partially. One notable difference is that Jean Paul did not replace Batman for a while, judging by the fact that Batman needs to be told about the Order of St. Dumas in Arkham City.

I just presumed it skipped straight to 'Prodigal' and Dick Grayson stood in for a while.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby johnsyggel » Apr 2nd, 2012, 8:23 pm

Chances: 4/10
RS doesn't use the same villains again and again,but we know for sure that Harley will be in A3.So why not Bane,too?I only hope they doesn't make him use the Titan formula again.
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

PreviousNext

Return to Arkhamverse Villains