Arkhamverse Villains #21: Man-Bat

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #21: Man-Bat

Postby A1Nutboy » Jun 7th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Manbat, oh Manbat.

Chance of appearing, 8/10. I'd say most likely he will. I can't say I like the guy. I don't care for him at all, he's a ridiculous, gimmicky, concept to me, like a DC Lizard.

A possible role could be as a sidemission, after you complete aerial training missions, he attacks areas of Gotham City, taking hostages, then you have to rescue said hostages, and air battle him until he is down. He could live in the sewers perhaps, and use echolocation and etc as his ability.
A1Nutboy

Favourite Villain: Batman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby pineappleman98 » Jun 7th, 2012, 9:40 pm

he should be one of the main villians in arkham 3. he should be on titan
pineappleman98

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: batman and robin

Postby Mahkra » Jun 7th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Possible Role In Arkham 3: Man-Bat follows multiple bats to the Batcave where he rests. When Batman returns he attacks. He ends up destroying most of the cave. Man-Bat tries to fly away and Batman uses the Batclaw onto Man-Bat's leg which brings the fight into the air. After a battle in the air Batman knocks Man-Bat out who lands into a empty cage at a Zoo that Batman traps him in.

So I'd say 5/10
Mahkra
Arkham
This is Gotham.
Mahkra

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Guest » Jun 8th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Possible role:
He will not be a villain. He will just fly all over the city, and sometimes he will help Batman solve his problems. In this version he can transform from the Man-Bat back into the Doctor. As a doctor he will help Batman solve his psychological problems (Batman is very angry to himself because Joker is dead).
They can team up in the challenge mode, also they can battle with each other. He is also a playable character which has his own abilities like calling the bats and more. He also has alternative skins !

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3:
9.5/10

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jun 9th, 2012, 1:14 am

8/10

I've always found Man-Bat to be a very interesting character. In A3, as a side mission/story mission crossover, he could be working in Cadmus labs, and stumbles upon their plan to clone the Joker. In retalliation, a crooked co-worker tampers with his human-enhancement serum, causing him to become Man-Bat. At first, Batman hunts Langstrom, causing him to become angry and hate the Dark Knight. He attacks people as the serum takes control of him more and more, and, naturally, people believe it's Batman. He eventually hunts down the beast, and fights him until he reverts to Kirk. Doctor Langstrom reveals everything, and Batman brings down the scientists at Cadmus, while, unknown to the Caped Crusader, Langstrom is kidnapped by Ra's Al Ghul, who wants to create an army using Kirk's serum.

Spoiler: show
Sorry its so long for a side missin, but this is my vision if the character ever was used. The last part kind of sets up the stage for the possible A4.
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby Red Batman » Jun 9th, 2012, 4:36 am

A1Nutboy wrote:Manbat, oh Manbat.

Chance of appearing, 8/10. I'd say most likely he will. I can't say I like the guy. I don't care for him at all, he's a ridiculous, gimmicky, concept to me, like a DC Lizard.

A possible role could be as a sidemission, after you complete aerial training missions, he attacks areas of Gotham City, taking hostages, then you have to rescue said hostages, and air battle him until he is down. He could live in the sewers perhaps, and use echolocation and etc as his ability.

I really like that idea of him taking hostages and Batman engaging in an aerial battle with him. It would definitely make for both an interesting boss fight and side mission.

But yeah, if we're talking main story, I'm gonna have to give Langstrom a 5/10, simply b/c I don't see how he could be used in any other way than how Grundy was used in Arkham City. If we're talking a side mission, I'm gonna say an 8/10.
Red Batman

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby Guest » Jun 10th, 2012, 2:20 am

Possible Role: Dr. Kirk Langstrom, an estranged zoologist dedicated to studying bats, is approached by Bruce Wayne/Thomas Elliot. Elliot asks Langstrom to create a cure for Killer Croc’s mutation, epidermalitic hypokarotosis. Langstrom after being threatened and bribed agrees. Langstrom had recently been working on a chemical that can turn people into half monster half human creatures. He simply had to bond the formula with certain animal DNA. Langstrom tries to tamper with the formula. He finally believes that he has perfected it and gives a container of the formula to Elliot. The formula backfires and mutates Killer Croc into an even more savage beast.
Langstrom panics after getting an angry call from Elliot and gives the serum to himself. He transforms into a beastly, human-like form of a bat. Langstrom is barely human in his beast form but still wants to find a cure. He attacks Wayne Enterprises chemical branch and savagely kills everyone inside. After several more attacks, the public starts to think Batman is the beast, even Commissioner James Gordon.
The real Batman breaks into Langstrom’s lab and discovers several strands of hair and a splotch of blood. After being analyzed it turns out that it was bat hair and a mix of human and bat blood. Batman leaves the samples at the GCPD. Commissioner Gordon believes Batman finally and decides to help him. Batman finds the files on Doctor Langstrom and tracks him down to a small medical building in the new park row of Gotham City. It turns out that a now further mutated, more savage Killer Croc had been helped in finding the place too. Batman finds Killer Croc standing over a bloodied and beaten Man Bat. Batman easily apprehends Killer Croc after injecting him with strong anti-venom his friend Lucius Fox created.
Man Bat had been tangled up in chains and therefore could not fly. Batman tries to get the chains off but ends up being scratched badly. Man Bat flies away after the chains come off. Batman grapples onto his leg. Batman eventually gets close enough to Man Bat to tackle through the air. Man Bat comes loose and continues falling. Batman grabs onto a building and shoots his grapple gun at Man Bat again. This time it catches a defeated Man Bat. After Man Bat passes out, Batman brings him to the Batcave for Lucius Fox and Alfred to cure him. Kirk wakes up and is questioned by Batman. He reveals some parts of the “Hush” plan that he knows about and helps Batman throughout the rest of the game.

Chances of Appearing: 8/10

Postby VoodooMu » Jun 11th, 2012, 5:45 am

Possible Role:
I think Batman could hear a big explosion from Langstrom Labs (just made that up) and Batman enters to see Man-Bat re-createing the Man-Bat formula he flys off. Batman hunts Man-Bat to his hideout where he is. Then Batman has to find 2 ingredients to complete the formula has a epic boss fight through the air and stealth fight in pitch dark.

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3:
7/10

lord i hope he's in A3
Arkham: City of Mafia, a forum mafia game is currently open to sign-ups. Check it out here.
VoodooMu

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze/Scarecrow

Postby JJJ » Jun 11th, 2012, 10:39 am

Am I the only one who thinks that RS doesn't want him in the Arkhamverse. There hasn't been a single mention of him in the previous games.
JJJ

Favourite Villain: Black Adam

Postby catwomanlover » Jun 12th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Oh Hell YES!!!! They need to put Man-Bat in the 3rd game if there's going to be one. Do you know how badass it'll be if you have an ariel boss battle or trying to duck for cover while you're on land? Arkham City was really good and I play Harley's Revenge and I enjoyed playing Robin in a campaign. Please include Man-Bat and Robin in the campaign for the 3rd game, Rocksteady!!! I'm counting on you!!!
catwomanlover

Favourite Villain: Catwoman/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby TheJester » Jun 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Meh, mixed feelings on Man Bat. The hype for him being in AC sorta made me not want him to make an appearance. I never found him to be an interesting character.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Guest » Jun 13th, 2012, 3:25 am

he is a scientist so he could be working with Scarecrow on his new fear serum and Man-Bat could be a by product of the serum

Postby Hush__ » Jun 18th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Additional Info: A zoologist going deaf, Dr. Kirk Langstrom studied the hearing abilities of bats in his search for a cure. After developing a promising serum, Langstrom used it on himself and instead of curing his deafness he was transformed into the terrifying Man-Bat. Having no control over the creature he had become, Man-Bat terrorized Gotham until Batman was able to stop him. Sporting a set of bat-wings, increased senses and physical abilities, as well as other bat-like talents (like sonar) Man-Bat is a definite threat whenever he’s around; especially since he’s often mistaken for Batman and the Dark Knight is accused of his crimes. Occasionally, Langstrom has been able to maintain control over the creature and work on the side of good, but it’s never long until the animalistic side takes over again.

-I don't really know how good this one is...the comic-book bio didn't really leave much to work with and mine kinda seems like a copy of it
Check out the Batman: Arkhamverse facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkhamverse
Hush__

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush/TheKillingJoke

Postby LiAm_SOLLO- » Jun 19th, 2012, 12:26 am

He could be the Arkham 3's Bigfoot or he could be a boss hiding in the sewers.
Thankyou Maultest!
LiAm_SOLLO-

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke, KM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby Dr. Langstrom » Jun 28th, 2012, 7:59 pm

LiAm_SOLLO- wrote:He could be the Arkham 3's Bigfoot or he could be a boss hiding in the sewers.

I'd like a sidemission, not more questionable sightings. And I think the sewers might already be occupied :croc:
perhaps some refuge in an abandoned warehouse of some sort
Dear God. Is this what I have become? More animal than man. When will the surrender be complete?
Dr. Langstrom

Favourite Villain: Easy, Joker.

PreviousNext

Return to Arkhamverse Villains