Arkhamverse Villains #24: Calendar Man

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #24: Calendar Man

Postby Enigma » Jun 18th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I've been thinking that a reference would work better. Something along the lines of a changing newpaper headline as the year (in real time) moves on.

-- June 19th, 2012, 9:21 am --

Hush__ wrote:I agree with Enigma's Potential Role, that would make the game interesting well past the end of the storyline and I had a thought on the issue of capturing him every time. It could work if you would visit Calendar Man in a cell on certain days, and then you would play through a flashback of a crime from that day that Batman foiled...that way it all happened in the past and he doesn't have to break out of prison once a month. Just a thought :alfred:

Ah, that would work well. When you've gone through all the flashbacks there should be an achievement, like the one in AC.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 18th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Enigma wrote:I've been thinking that a reference would work better. Something along the lines of a changing newpaper headline as the year (in real time) moves on.

-- June 19th, 2012, 9:21 am --

Hush__ wrote:I agree with Enigma's Potential Role, that would make the game interesting well past the end of the storyline and I had a thought on the issue of capturing him every time. It could work if you would visit Calendar Man in a cell on certain days, and then you would play through a flashback of a crime from that day that Batman foiled...that way it all happened in the past and he doesn't have to break out of prison once a month. Just a thought :alfred:

Ah, that would work well. When you've gone through all the flashbacks there should be an achievement, like the one in AC.

Perhaps that could be included in additional playable elcharacter DLC. With Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing packs you get two challenge maps and a Calendar Man mini-mission.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby LiAm_SOLLO- » Jun 19th, 2012, 12:20 am

Possible role in Arkham 3: Arkham 3 could be set on a special day. Batman gets to distracted by Scarecrow or Hush etc that he doesn't realise that Calender Man is planning a very special event for Batman and the people of Gotham or where ever the game is set.
Thankyou Maultest!
LiAm_SOLLO-

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke, KM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby Enigma » Jun 19th, 2012, 6:19 am

Red_Robin wrote:Perhaps that could be included in additional playable elcharacter DLC. With Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing packs you get two challenge maps and a Calendar Man mini-mission.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

Overall, it would be tricky to include him without it seeming like a re-run of Arkham City. He was used to effect very well in the game, so it'll be interesting to see which route they take. Unless they opt for the Riddler-style improvement, which seems like a popular idea judging from everyone's thoughts in this thread.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby TheJester » Jun 19th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Additional Information:
Julian's obsession with the calendar simply began with his own name - a play on words of the Julian and Gregorian calendars. His crimes always have a relationship to the date that they are committed; whether it be a day of the week, a special occasion or a typical holiday, Calendar Man is always prepared, basing every last detail of his crimes on the theme of the occasion. 
 When the Holiday Killer began a serial murder spree in Gotham, Calendar Man was called upon by Batman to help catch the culprit. Though he already knew the identity of the killer, Julian kept the information to himself, choosing instead to taunt the Dark Knight with cryptic clues; partly due to his hatred of his gimmick being stolen by another killer. 
Mocked by both heroes and villains alike, Day fears that he is being forgotten amongst all the other rogues;  when the right occasion arrives though, he intends to prove them wrong. 

Essential Reading: 
Batman #312, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The 80 Page Giant Batman Special Edition - 'All The Deadly Days', Shadow of The Bat #7-9

Chances of appearing: 2/10

I didn't fill in a possible role as I honestly don't know what Rocksteady could do with him. As many have already said, it's hard not to repeat his role in AC. A cameo would be interesting. 
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Benji » Jun 20th, 2012, 4:31 pm

The flashback idea sounds genius! :)

7/10 I'm thinking.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Guest » Jun 20th, 2012, 7:59 pm

It's pretty obvious he will be included in the next Arkham game. Not only because he escaped, but because of his dialogue with Catwoman.

Postby AbStar921 » Jun 21st, 2012, 11:24 am

I wouldn't mind seeing him again. Rocksteady took a lame character and made him pretty intimidating.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 10th, 2013, 12:10 pm

9/10, Being set on Christmas eve I have little doubt that we will see the Calendar Man make a return to the Arkham series in Origins.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby AbStar921 » Apr 10th, 2013, 12:24 pm

It'd be interesting to see Calendar Man in action, so to speak. His Arkhamverse incarnation was very creative and interesting, considering that he's normally seen as a joke.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn

Postby dukebong » Nov 6th, 2013, 9:50 am

These arkham games have made calendar man very interesting
dukebong
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Calendar Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Previous