Arkhamverse Villains #25: Ratcatcher

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #25: Ratcatcher

Postby J.Napier » Nov 22nd, 2012, 5:48 am

Enigma wrote:Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3: 1/10

Unless, of course, we catch him in the morgue.

Yeah he's probably dead.
J.Napier

Favourite Villain: Joker/LDM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns.

Postby jacob1290 » Nov 29th, 2012, 5:32 am

J.Napier wrote:
Enigma wrote:Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3: 1/10

Unless, of course, we catch him in the morgue.

Yeah he's probably dead.

He is not I'm a fan of him and I say he's not I'm sure he had his giant rats bust him free eating penguins eye ( I know he lost it by glass bottle)
jacob1290

Favourite Villain: clayface,manbat
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under the red Hood

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jan 3rd, 2013, 6:58 pm

Possible role:
After his abduction by the Penguin noone heard from the Ratcatcher for a long time. But when Batman got information about a war in the sewers he knew that Otis Flannegan was still alive. And know he is more dangerous than ever before. After his escape he fled into the sewers of Gotham City. But when Killer Croc starts to take control of the sewers for his new boss Cobblepot, Ratcatcher sees his time for vengeance which caused a bloody war between the croc and the master of rats. Batman enters the sewers because he looks for a very important person for his plans to defeat Hush and Flannegan is the only one who can help to find him. His rats find the mysterious person in the new GCPD building but after Batman dealt with this first problems there is a sign of a new bigger problem: The Ratcatcher and his army start a bloody attack against Penguin and the whole city. And only one can stop the maniac: Batman.

-- Jan 5th, 2013, 7:27 pm --

Chances of appearing:
2/10
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby zeke10 » Apr 16th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Could he be helping scarecrow by infecting his rats with fear toxin and having them bite people
zeke10

Favourite Villain: Bane/Man-bat/Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: No mans land

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » Apr 24th, 2013, 2:25 am

Possible Role in Arkham 3: I don't think Ratcatcher will be appearing in the new installment apart from a riddle. I reckon it would be cool to see him imprisoned at a veterinary or you just see him doing his job before he became the Ratcatcher.
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
thatguywiththebeanie

Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Postby KingOfEngima411 » Apr 29th, 2013, 9:12 pm

This really bugs me on how in AA & A2 they reference him by making a riddle but he never appears. They are 3 main characters that get the reference but never show. Ratcatcher should get some spotlight because he is rarely known by the mass public.

Chances of appearing in A3
8/10
"I am man of few words,
but many riddles"
-Frank Gorshin

R.I.P Frank
KingOfEngima411

Favourite Villain: Riddler/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mr.Freeze

Postby Dollotron » Jul 13th, 2013, 8:59 am

Possible role in A3:Most likely a side mission. Batman must save the Ratcatcher from Two-Face after Two-Face finds him in the museum. The Ratcatcher sends one of his rats to find Batman and give him a note on its back begging Batman to save him. Batman goes to save him and has to fight through Two-Face's save the Ratcatcher before he is executed.
Alternate Role: Side Mission. Ratcatcher is used by the Riddler to keep an eye on the other villains, or employed to keep and eye on Batman. Batman interrogates a Riddler informant on Riddler's whereabouts, but is given false information and finds the Ratcatcher in a room full of rats and must find a way to take him down without touching the rats covering the floor around Ratcatcher.
Dollotron

Favourite Villain: Professor Pyg

Postby BatKnight » Sep 27th, 2013, 12:28 am

Dollotron wrote:Possible role in A3:Most likely a side mission. Batman must save the Ratcatcher from Two-Face after Two-Face finds him in the museum. The Ratcatcher sends one of his rats to find Batman and give him a note on its back begging Batman to save him. Batman goes to save him and has to fight through Two-Face's save the Ratcatcher before he is executed . . . [Batman] finds the Ratcatcher in a room full of rats and must find a way to take him down without touching the rats covering the floor around Ratcatcher.

I know this was posted awhile ago, but I've always dug the idea of seeing the Ratcatcher since I first learned about him in Arkham Asylum. Fans have been screaming out for him almost as much as Ventriloquist and Man-Bat. This idea really stands out though.

I think it'd be an interesting relationship if Batman confronts the Ratcatcher directly and strikes up a deal (This could technically be in Origins, but the 4th game would give good leverage to Batman on keeping Otis' death, or lack there of, under wraps, maybe even protection) where he will send messages to Batman with his rats that tip him off about different side missions he could go on, or even the main story. Eventually, Otis tries to double cross the bat by luring him into an area where he can swarm him with rats (what better way to gain street cred?) Of course, our hero will find a way to come out on top.

I mean, what better role for Ratcatcher than to be the one who rats on others?

Think of all the puns. Catwoman would eat them up.
BatKnight

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Postby ViniciusXP » Sep 29th, 2013, 4:05 am

Role in A3: Penguin, unlike others think, didn't kill the Ratcatcher, but uses he and his rats to help him on his business and to torture them by letting they be eaten alive by the rats, until Batman appeared and, after a fight against Ratcatcher, who uses his rats to attack, arrest both Penguin and Ratcatcher.
"I am the reason criminals breathe easier when the sun rises." - Batman
ViniciusXP

Favourite Villain: Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Previous

Return to Arkhamverse Villains