Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby laconvivencia » Jun 9th, 2012, 10:40 am

Enigma wrote:
laconvivencia wrote:Good bio. I really hope that Crane is still alive. There is a 50/50 chance of him being alive.

Even taking into account his mask, his coded messages and shipment of bugs in Arkham City? ;)


His shipment of bugs could have been before the events of Arkham Asylum and the decoded messages could be from someone else. So overall, we do not know if Crane is alive or not.
User avatar
laconvivencia
......
......
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Feb 6th, 2012, 7:51 pm
Location: London
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Enigma » Jun 9th, 2012, 10:48 am

laconvivencia wrote:
Enigma wrote:
laconvivencia wrote:Good bio. I really hope that Crane is still alive. There is a 50/50 chance of him being alive.

Even taking into account his mask, his coded messages and shipment of bugs in Arkham City? ;)


His shipment of bugs could have been before the events of Arkham Asylum and the decoded messages could be from someone else. So overall, we do not know if Crane is alive or not.

Well, I don't think that Rocksteady would tease all of us with three hints - two of them being well hidden - and then turn around just to say that they were all intentionally misleading. But there's a chance that he's not alive. A small one.
Enigma
................
................
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Apr 19th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby poisonivymadhatter » Jun 9th, 2012, 5:33 pm

already the 27th next week? what happened to 23-26 hmm?
Image
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

thanks BANE
User avatar
poisonivymadhatter
.........
.........
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Apr 11th, 2012, 4:34 pm
Location: Eating some Macaroni in Arkham City
Favourite Villain: Ivy, Quinn, Talia
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm

poisonivymadhatter wrote:already the 27th next week? what happened to 23-26 hmm?


:roll:
Obviously we bumped Scarcrow up a few weeks at the last minute and had forgot to change that part of the post. I'll do it now.
Image
User avatar
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Aug 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Firefly1020 » Jun 9th, 2012, 6:12 pm

laconvivencia wrote:Good bio. I really hope that Crane is still alive. There is a 50/50 chance of him being alive.

not even. Im 100 percent possitive he is alive because of the proof. And the proof being his secret lair in the boat and his mask in AC. How could that mask have gotten there if he is laying in the sewers dead?

-- Jun 9th, 2012, 1:15 pm --

laconvivencia wrote:
Enigma wrote:
laconvivencia wrote:Good bio. I really hope that Crane is still alive. There is a 50/50 chance of him being alive.

Even taking into account his mask, his coded messages and shipment of bugs in Arkham City? ;)


His shipment of bugs could have been before the events of Arkham Asylum and the decoded messages could be from someone else. So overall, we do not know if Crane is alive or not.

Who else would send a message saying SCARECROWSCARECROWSCAREC, or something of that sort.
Light 'Em up
Firefly1020
.........
.........
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sep 1st, 2011, 10:43 pm
Location: Wayne Manor
Favourite Villain: Firefly
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Guest » Jun 10th, 2012, 2:24 am

Possible Role: Nobody knows how Scarecrow survived but they all know for sure that he did. He had led some small attacks in Gotham by shipping tampered medicine vials filled with a new, fast acting fear serum to five hospitals in Gotham only to be apprehended by Batman. Scarecrow went into hiding until he was found by who he thought to be Bruce Wayne. “Wayne” explained himself and his actual identity to Scarecrow. Wayne was actually Dr. Thomas Eliot and he promised Scarecrow a chance at Batman. Being an important helper of Elliot in the “Hush” plan Scarecrow kidnapped Batman and poisoned him the day before Thomas Elliot’s “grand finale” went into action. Scarecrow made Batman see Elliot committing suicide by jumping off of Wayne Enterprises. Batman saved Elliot in his illusion but it made Batman look like he tackled a Wayne Enterprises Employee of the building and beat the others senseless.
After following Elliot’s rules Scarecrow gets angry because Elliot promised that Scarecrow could slowly drive Batman to insanity after the “grand finale”. Scarecrow attempts to kill Elliot and ends up getting shot by Elliot in the leg.
Elliot tells Batman about Scarecrow being shot when he comes to the batcave. Batman rushes to Scarecrow’s base only to find the body gone and a rather obvious trail of blood. Batman follow the trail to a dirty shed. The shed had been polluted with tons of fear gas so Batman and Scarecrow were both in the same nightmare. Batman fights Scarecrow as a fear beast and brings him to Arkham Asylum for extreme medical attention after defeating him.

Chances of Appearing: 10/10

Read: Batman Haunted Night, Batman the Long Halloween, Scarecrow: Year One, Batman No Man's Land
User avatar
Guest
.
.
 

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby TheJester » Jun 10th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Additional Information:
Even as a child, Jonathan Crane was fascinated by the concept of fear, mainly due to his need to overcome his own demons; in particular, wanting revenge from being bullied throughout his childhood and adolescence for his lanky frame and bookishness, especially his resemblance to Ichabod Crane from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. This obsession led him to becoming a professor of Psychology specialising in phobias at Gotham University, but was soon fired due to his experiments on pupils. This triggered one of the first appearances by his alter ego The Scarecrow, taking revenge upon the university, before gaining a job at Arkham Asylum, where his experiments on patients continued. When finally apprehended by the Batman, Crane's mind had become engulfed in fear, and remains to this day as his only driving motive. He pleasures in seeing others experience fear, but also enjoys the adrenaline rush of feeling his own phobia - bats. Because of this, Crane is dedicated to finding out the Batman's nightmares, whilst experiencing the ecstasy and sheer terror of his own. 

Possible Role in A3:
With Crane presumed dead, it's only a matter of time before he can strike again - this time at the heart of Gotham. Using his trademark fear gas, Scarecrow can launch a full scale attack on the city in a revenge scheme against the Batman, which in turn will lead to a more complex and twisted hallucination where the Dark Knight must battle his way through his demons, perhaps with the transformation of Crane into the fearsome Scarebeast. However, he may not be able to do this alone. Perhaps with the alliance of Hush, Scarecrow can discover Batman's true fear and use this against his greatest opponent. 

Essential Reading: Batman Annual #19, Scarecrow: Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, As The Crow Flies
 
Chances Of Appearing: 9/10

The Easter Eggs pretty much confirmed it for me. Scarecrow is one of my favourite characters and I look forward to seeing what he has up his sleeves for A3. 
Image
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
User avatar
TheJester
...............
...............
 
Posts: 4908
Joined: Feb 27th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Enigma » Jun 11th, 2012, 4:58 am

TheJester wrote:Additional Information:
Even as a child, Jonathan Crane was fascinated by the concept of fear, mainly due to his need to overcome his own demons; in particular, wanting revenge from being bullied throughout his childhood and adolescence for his lanky frame and bookishness, especially his resemblance to Ichabod Crane from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. This obsession led him to becoming a professor of Psychology specialising in phobias at Gotham University, but was soon fired due to his experiments on pupils. This triggered one of the first appearances by his alter ego The Scarecrow, taking revenge upon the university, before gaining a job at Arkham Asylum, where his experiments on patients continued. When finally apprehended by the Batman, Crane's mind had become engulfed in fear, and remains to this day as his only driving motive. He pleasures in seeing others experience fear, but also enjoys the adrenaline rush of feeling his own phobia - bats. Because of this, Crane is dedicated to finding out the Batman's nightmares, whilst experiencing the ecstasy and sheer terror of his own. 

Possible Role in A3:
With Crane presumed dead, it's only a matter of time before he can strike again - this time at the heart of Gotham. Using his trademark fear gas, Scarecrow can launch a full scale attack on the city in a revenge scheme against the Batman, which in turn will lead to a more complex and twisted hallucination where the Dark Knight must battle his way through his demons, perhaps with the transformation of Crane into the fearsome Scarebeast. However, he may not be able to do this alone. Perhaps with the alliance of Hush, Scarecrow can discover Batman's true fear and use this against his greatest opponent. 

Essential Reading: Batman Annual #19, Scarecrow: Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, As The Crow Flies
 
Chances Of Appearing: 9/10

The Easter Eggs pretty much confirmed it for me. Scarecrow is one of my favourite characters and I look forward to seeing what he has up his sleeves for A3. 

Image

I'm not sure how I would feel if they were to use Scarebeast in a game. I mean, I don't hate the idea completely - like some people, who can't even hear a mention of the name - but I also don't really get why it was neccessary in the first place. Sure, he's not a physical threat, but he's a great psychological threat. That's where his strength lies, and I think Rocksteady should, again, exploit that.
Enigma
................
................
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Apr 19th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby TheJester » Jun 11th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Enigma wrote:Image

I'm not sure how I would feel if they were to use Scarebeast in a game. I mean, I don't hate the idea completely - like some people, who can't even hear a mention of the name - but I also don't really get why it was neccessary in the first place. Sure, he's not a physical threat, but he's a great psychological threat. That's where his strength lies, and I think Rocksteady should, again, exploit that.

Thank you, thank you. I get incredibly nerdy over Scarecrow at times :3

Of course the Scarebeast idea is just a suggestion, emphasis on the 'perhaps' in that sentence :lol: I completely agree that his main threat should be psychological, but it may be hard to come up with a new hallucination concept that doesn't excatly replicate AAs. A Scarebeast appearance/similar creature would be just a new addition to the already awesome sequences.
Image
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
User avatar
TheJester
...............
...............
 
Posts: 4908
Joined: Feb 27th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Enigma » Jun 11th, 2012, 8:13 pm

TheJester wrote:Of course the Scarebeast idea is just a suggestion, emphasis on the 'perhaps' in that sentence :lol: I completely agree that his main threat should be psychological, but it may be hard to come up with a new hallucination concept that doesn't excatly replicate AAs. A Scarebeast appearance/similar creature would be just a new addition to the already awesome sequences.

I've been wondering about that as well. Obviously, Scarebeast is the most logical route to take, and could be implemented reasonably well using Hush as the catalyst. Then again, I think with the TITAN and Bane fights we've already had, it may be a little redundant. Plus I think that Killer Croc deserves one more boss fight, after the cool but lacking one in AA and the cameo in AC. The problem with that is that a lot of the good predator ideas I have for Scarebeast would be nearly identical to the Killer Croc ones... plus fear gas.
Enigma
................
................
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Apr 19th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 11th, 2012, 8:29 pm

In a way, they have already done Scarebeast; the giant Scarecrow in AA.
Image
User avatar
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Aug 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby SenSx » Jun 11th, 2012, 8:41 pm

The scarebeast, god no...
User avatar
SenSx
..........
..........
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Jun 5th, 2012, 8:33 am
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Enigma » Jun 11th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Red_Robin wrote:In a way, they have already done Scarebeast; the giant Scarecrow in AA.

Ah, that reminds me of arkhamcitydood's fan-fiction. Under the effects of fear gas, Batman has a battle against a massive Scarecrow, similar to Arkham Asylum. He defeats Scarecrow by slowly climbing to the top of him and, I think, stabbing a sword into his head. Something like this could work better than Scarebeast, come to think of it. There's so much potential when facing a building-sized villain.
Enigma
................
................
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Apr 19th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby TheJester » Jun 11th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Red_Robin wrote:In a way, they have already done Scarebeast; the giant Scarecrow in AA.

I don't think you can really compare this -
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120322092745/batman/images/f/f4/Batman-arkham-asylum-scarecrow.jpg
To this -
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110110022215/marvel_dc/images/c/c8/Scarebeast_003.jpg

If you get my point. Even though he was a colossal demon in the AA hallucinations, he was never a physical opponent. He was always psychologically teasing you; to emphasise this point, I had nightmares about the sequences for a while :lol: 

Like I said, Scarebeast is just an idea. 
Image
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
User avatar
TheJester
...............
...............
 
Posts: 4908
Joined: Feb 27th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #22: Scarecrow

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 12th, 2012, 6:39 am

TheJester wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:In a way, they have already done Scarebeast; the giant Scarecrow in AA.

I don't think you can really compare this -
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120322092745/batman/images/f/f4/Batman-arkham-asylum-scarecrow.jpg
To this -
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110110022215/marvel_dc/images/c/c8/Scarebeast_003.jpg

If you get my point. Even though he was a colossal demon in the AA hallucinations, he was never a physical opponent. He was always psychologically teasing you; to emphasise this point, I had nightmares about the sequences for a while :lol: 

Like I said, Scarebeast is just an idea. 


Thus the qualifier, "In a way".
Image
User avatar
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Aug 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

PreviousNext

Return to Arkhamverse Villains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron