Batman: Ashes of Gotham [Part 19]: Rise of The Emperor Pt. 4

Write Arkhamverse's future. Read its history.

Batman: Ashes of Gotham [Part 19]: Rise of The Emperor Pt. 4

Postby conradoaccorsi » Jun 4th, 2014, 1:36 am

Previous chapters:

At Cobblepot's Office
Penguin: In this city, you need to be tough to survive.
Six men are sitting in a table. On the left, Warp, the french supervillain that can create portals, Mr. Toxic, not much is know about him, and Imperceptible Man, the invisible Detroit criminal. On the right. Mr. Combustible, the crime gentleman, Mr. Hypnotic, the mind controlling henchman, and Mr. Mosaic, the drug dealer.
Penguin: Look at you, the new harvest of criminals that will one day reign over our ruins of today's crime underworld. Today you're outsiders, tomorrow you'll be the bosses. Reunited together in one table, differences taken away for a greater good. You're small fish right now and Gotham is a big lake, you'll find challenges that will come from the few friends and the big amount of enemies you'll create. That's why I called you here, with me, you'll be safe from all of those threats, I'll create you under my wings to protect you from the criminal underworld.
Toxic: I'm sure your protection and willingness to help us are worth your bit...excessive prices.
Hypnotic: What he really meant is, thanks for stealing our money. But aside from that, what makes you different from "the challenges" you mentioned? Haven't you heard of what's happening on the streets right now? Big bosses, like you, are killing "small fish" like us!
Penguin: You arrogant fool, what's happening on the streets is what I'm protecting you from! Ogilvy please, switch the thing on.
Ogilvy presses a button and a giant TV screen shows the photos of several criminals. One is a man with his head turned reverse, his neck is broken.
Penguin: Detective Dudley Soames, a new insider in the police of Blduhaven, began working for Blockbuster, had his head turned by him.
Another image shows a man burned to death, his skull is still burning nad his leather jacket is incredible unharmed.
Penguin: Danny Ketch, a member of Kings of the Sun, tried to join Black Mask and payed the price.
Combustible: In fact, you're right Penguin, too much miserable crooks are dying lately. I trust you, at least. But I also see that none of them has powers, that makes us different.
Penguin: Indeed, but I'll make sure that everyone of this town knows you are under my protection!
Room 237
Sondra Fuller is taking a bath, a man is drinking a bottle of Don Perignon, he's sitting on the bed, someone knocks the door. He gets up and opens the door, there is, no one other than, Lester Kurtz.
Lester: I got the card. Do you have the payment?
Man: Oh yeah, here it is.
The man gives Lester a bag, he is gifted with the golden "V.I.P" card by Lester. He closes the door.
Sondra: Who was it?
Man: No one important. Are you ready baby?
Sondra: Oh yeah. But first we need to change your shape.
Man: What are you talking about? You want me to change my face?
Sondra: What do you think I'm talking about? Of course, show some respect for me.
His face starts changing drastically, he turns onto several people, finally becoming John Dagget.
Sondra: See? Now you look great, you need everything to go alright, no struggles, no distractions.
While this in another room
Vicki Vale is dressed as a chambermaid, searching in the clothes of someone, throwing dresses, shoes, ties and other kinds of clothes away from the drawers.
Vicki: C'mon, something horrible that would give me the front page must be around here.
Vicki is hit in the back by Lark, she grabs a bottle of Whisky and breaks it.
Lark: You'll get the front page but it will be about your funeral!
Vicki grabs a chair and breaks it in Lark's head. She starts bleeding.
Lark: That's all you can do?
Outside the Cassino, in Gotham's Bay
The batboat floats next to the place as Batman searches for an entrance to the cassino. He opens the doors and climbs over the ceilling, there he finds a ventilation tunnel, he breaks the entrance with a kick and enters the tunnel. He slides over the tunnel and falls in the laundry, over hundreds of underwars and panties. He jumps from it and enters a door. Next to the door a plaque says "Waste Disposal Chamber".
Vicki Vale walks in a dark lobby.
Vicki: I can hear you, Batman. I listen to your footsteps. You can-
Batman hears a scream and starts running, he breaks in a room. There he finds Dagget holding a knife attacking Vicki Vale. He punches him in the face several times, kicks his chest, he doesn't stop punching his face until he realizes he needs to help Vicki.
Batman: Ms. Vale!
He runs next to her but a glass door closes behind him.
Dagget: Better luck next time!
John Dagget watches Batman punch the glass without success, Dagget's face starts melting, he runs away and enters the elevator.
Batman: Clayface!
The place starts beeping and trembling, the walls start pressing, moving next to each other.
Batman: Batboat launch missiles at my location at my signal.
The walls start getting closer, Batman ties Vicki to his belt and uses a band-aid in her wounds.
Batman; NOW!
The ground explodes and Batman falls exactly inside the batboat.
Batman: Batboat, drive to Gotham General, FAST!
Room 237
Sondra and Clayface are looking through the glass. They hear a giant noise.
Clayface: That sounds like an explosion.
Sondra: It must be another millionaire that hit his private motorboat. Oh god...
Clayface: What?
Sondra: Look at your face!
Clayface: Batman hit me too much, I can't control this! You know I'm new on this thing!
Sondra: I know, Preston, but we got I job to do!
Clayface: Get me the suit then!
In the Cassino's Hall
Penguin and his new associates are looking at the recent opened Iceberg Cassino and the birth of Cobblepot's New Empire. They all hear a giant noise and several sirens.
Combustible: This sounds like an explosion!
Lark appears and brings news to them, her head is bleeding.
Lark: The police asked to evacuate the Cassino, boss. We'll send you all to Mr. Cobblepot's personal boat.
Batman enters the Cassino and starts running through the people. Lester Kurtz enters the Cassino and pulls a gun from the bag. Cobblepot and the criminals walk the way to the boat. Kurtz points his gun to Cobblepot and tries to shoot him.
Lester: I have a bullet for you Mr. Cobble-
The man explodes and his pieces fly over the walls. Behind him Mr. Toxic, with his hand covered by smoke, glowing of fire.
Warp: Where were you Mounsier Toxic?
Toxic: The bathroom. with this suit it takes a while to... you know.
Warp: I do understand, alias suce devoir uriner quand vous avez un petit génitales.
Penguin: It was totally self defense, you know it!
Ogilvy: The cameras saw it, Boss.
Penguin: Well then let's go boys.
They open a back door and follow the lobby. The main door opens and Batman sees the dead Lester Kurtz.
Batman = I should take a look at this.
Batman crouches and analyzes the body. He takes a look at the blood and at the body's colour.
Batman = He blood is still leaking from the wounds, he is not even pale yet, he must have been killed few minutes ago, his hand isn't even wrinkly.
He then watches the giant hole in his chest.
Batman = His lungs are a bit burned, he was hitten by something hot on the back, maybe exploded? It must have been on his back since the hole is bigger in front, his ribs are bent to his front and he is severely burned on the back, the damage this "micro-explosion" caused is big.
Batman looks at his face, he scans it and gets info on a man called Lester Kurtz.
Batman = Imprisioned on Arkham Asylum at the time I was there, he is just a normal criminal and he has a common face, not easy to recognize, he might be useful, maybe a disguise someday.
Batman searches for the blood trail and finds the same door Penguin entered. He opens it, only to find all of them together. Warp opens a portal and falls over Batman, he punches his face and throws him over Combustible.
Batman: You should've stayed in France, Warp!
Hypnotic tries to control Batman, but Batman kicks him, breaking his glasses in two. He then punches the face of Mr. Toxic and slightly breaks his helmet, Toxic falls over Mosaic, who's totally in panic, Batman grabs him and starts interrogating him.
Batman: Where's Penguin?
Penguin: Right here Batman!
Batman is put on fire by him, his umbrella turns Batman in pure flames.
Penguin: One bat down, now I can end those fools.
Mosaic: I knew you wanted something with us far more deeper than help! You hypocrite!
Cobblepot is grabbed by the burning bat and jumps with him on Gotham's Bay. Batman starts drowning Penguin, he tries to scream, but he's underwater. Batman is full of anger. For a moment he even thinks of killing him, his conscience returns and he leaves him on the beach. He pulls his grapnel gun on a helicopter and flies away.
Days later
Ignatius Ogilvy enters Cobblepot's office.
Ogilvy: Called me Boss?
Penguin: Yes. Now that the place is ready to operate, I need you to transfer everything from Lounge and the Museum to the Cassino.
Ogilvy: Sir, i already did it. All employess, invertory, boxes, deploy spots, everything, transferred.
Penguin: Good, I hate loose ends. You see that Sharp has been freaking annoying me with this hole Arkham City bullsh*t, I CAN'T let him have the Lounge but I need to keep the money running. I'll have to go out for a while, I need you to do everything that's in this paper.
He gives Ogilvy a paper with several topics.
Penguin: Since I'm going to be out for a while, I want you to take care of things for me. You've been with me for years, you showed you're a loyal employee and deserve my trust.
Ogilvy: What do you mean, Mr. Cobblepot?
Penguin: I mean you're in charge of everything now, I'm putting you in command of my empire. I got to go, the Lounge needs someone to take Sharp away, even if I need to be locked up inside Arkham City!
The Penguin closes the door. Ogilvy starts smiling.
Ogilvy: Your empire?
THE END...FOR NOW...
At next chapter, the Red Hood attacks again, Black Mask takes desperate measures to protect himself, Batman finds out about the kidnapped Edward Lamont. And in the backup, Nightwing needs to deal with guilt!
Also: Something will change from now on, but it'll depend of you to continue it, it'll be big, be prepared for...The Fastest Man Alive...The Emerald Archer...The Human Enigma of Hub City
Last edited by conradoaccorsi on Jun 12th, 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine all the people
Thanks Dr. Arrow for sig and avatar
conradoaccorsi

Favourite Villain: Dr. Hurt/Ra's
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: Batman: Ashes of Gotham [Part 19]: Rise of The Emperor P

Postby Batwoman » Jun 4th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Outstanding ! You are by far one of the best writers in the Arkhamverse forums ! And THAT TEASER at the end... I can´t wait !
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Postby conradoaccorsi » Jun 5th, 2014, 12:59 am

RedRobin1999 wrote:Outstanding ! You are by far one of the best writers in the Arkhamverse forums ! And THAT TEASER at the end... I can´t wait !

Thanks brooo! You better be prepared, cause the Four Horsemen are coming...
Imagine all the people
Thanks Dr. Arrow for sig and avatar
conradoaccorsi

Favourite Villain: Dr. Hurt/Ra's
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Batwoman » Jun 5th, 2014, 2:08 am

conradoaccorsi wrote:
RedRobin1999 wrote:Outstanding ! You are by far one of the best writers in the Arkhamverse forums ! And THAT TEASER at the end... I can´t wait !

Thanks brooo! You better be prepared, cause the Four Horsemen are coming...

Poems are coming... ;D
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Return to We Run Arkham