Gotham City Saviors

Jump into the Arkhamverse and see if you can survive a night.

Re: Gotham City Saviors

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 12th, 2012, 11:51 pm

Hurt stared at the Pit as the cave began to crumble. Suddenly, a giant wing protruded from the Pit. "I welcome you...BARBATOS!"

The demon flew from the Lazarus Pit and smashed into the ceiling of the cave. Ra's cried in horror. "What...what have I done?"

At that moment, Barbatos let out a sharp scream into the air, followed by a massive explosion, rocking all of Gotham.
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby Holiday_Killer » Jul 13th, 2012, 12:08 am

The ground started shaking. Nightwing fell on the ground. There was a loud noise, Dick stood up and quickly sprinted to where the noise was coming from.
Holiday_Killer

Formerly Batmanlaghing567.
Holiday_Killer

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 13th, 2012, 12:34 am

<Reports stating a massive monster is on the attack, the Bat-Signal has been activated, and calls in to the GCPD are on the rise, this is not good. Please try and remove yourself from the area of Gotham Square, Monarch Theater is the starting point of this disaster, and attempts to evacuate you citizens will be hard pressed.>

They were in the bedroom, he just sat in a chair, brooding. She was behind him, her arms clamped around him. She had just changed into a mauve dress. The room was filled with antique furniture. A couch, a chair, a bed with rumpled sheets, a television. A window that looked out into the stormy landscape. The signal shone in the clouds out there.

Bruce pondered the tv, hand on chin, as his wife pressed her mouth against his cheek, apparently unfazed, and then against his own. He glanced at the lights, through the window outside. The signal. Perhaps.. perhaps.. he had noticed something had changed after all. Friends over the years had become..... 'associates'. What was easy to fight everyday... became a difficult ordeal. The people in his life had mostly left him, and there was only one person he felt was still there. Josephine. He didn't want to think about it, but it wasn't hard to see she had helped to push the others out. He didn't care. At least that's what he said to himself.

"Someday, honey, you'll be able to stop." Josephine said, watching him.

"I can never stop. The world needs Batman."

"Oh, you. You say that."

He thought about Tim. He didn't want to admit it, but he didn't even think of Damian as his son. It had always. Been Tim. A person greater than himself? Yes.

Tim would never fail like he had.

"Look at your failure, old man." The Joker murmured, from behind him.

"I haven't failed. Not yet. I haven't."

He stood up from the chair, and she let go of him, and watched him go.
A1Nutboy

Favourite Villain: Batman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Holiday_Killer » Jul 13th, 2012, 1:19 am

Nightwing ran as fast as he could. The door burst open. Dick looked around the area. ''Not good.'' Dick muttered to himself.
Holiday_Killer

Formerly Batmanlaghing567.
Holiday_Killer

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby The Scarred Side » Jul 13th, 2012, 2:04 am

I came into the room. Bruce sat in the chair....brooding as usual I walked over to a chair near him and joker squeesed my ass as I sat down.
"Woah!" I said suprised

"Whats up Tight ass" She said chuckling I growled and fell into my seat.

"Freak" I roared and threw up my hood. shading my eyes from her smiling face.

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 13th, 2012, 2:14 am

"Stop fighting." Wayne said, as he started to leave.

Bruce got up and left this room as well. He needed to get the team together. Hal especially would be of help, he was still hanging out in the batcave arguing with Anarky.
A1Nutboy

Postby The Scarred Side » Jul 13th, 2012, 3:02 am

"oh baby! Why do you hate me so!" she said....i looked at her.

" your kidding! Because I just love having my ass grabbed as Im sitting." she smiled

"Great! I was worried that you didnt!"

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 14th, 2012, 12:27 am

Soon it was Batman who stood in the Batcave, issuing out orders to these people that would have to work together to take out this new threat. He didn't listen to their shouts first about the monstrosity of this being they'd have to face, and within a few seconds he had silenced them; furthermore, they were more afraid of him then the beast that terrorized the city as they spoke. He didn't think about it, he needed them to fight this demon. And they would do as told.

"Hal. You're going to be the one doing most of the work, because of your weapon. I'll perform surveillance over the area from the Batwing. Anarky, you help evacuate the people nearby Gotham Square. All of you-- DO IT." He ordered, without giving anyone a glance.

He made his way past the chairs, the batcomputer, past the worried heroes, and towards the docking station for the Batwing. It sat on a platform overhead, and he reached it using a stairway.

He had gotten another letter with a Black Rose, this evening. Earlier in his study he had turned it about, questioning its significance. A very cryptic letter, and one he hesitantly had realized was made of leather. Human leather.

'Obeah Man, Baron Samidi, Mad Dog, No Face, pyg, twoface, slade, harlequin, raven, trigon, Son of Man Who Laughs, black mask, Hurt, bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs Oberon. Five are under. Approximately everyone bugs bugs bugs in Wayne Manor about to die. bugs bugs so many times. it has been showbugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugsn. it will happen. busg bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs it has happened. Raven give child she will must I. Tonight the time comes. Your birthday Mr. wayne. Expect, for the others left you all alone with Satan itself, for the others are greater failures than you are. You are to die by the hand of Barbara Gordon.'

They were the words, and there was no time to decipher them, but today wasn't his birthday. He assumed there was a deeper meaning in there, and he had to find out. Before.. the old saying goes, it was too late.
A1Nutboy

Postby ArkhamInmate325 » Jul 14th, 2012, 1:35 am

Jack had felt the tremor, however he didn't think much of it. After it subsided, he resumed his conversation with Jest.

I want the bombs hooked in the sewers. Near the City Hall, and, hell, why not Wayne Tower? Collapse it. Keep the bombs well hidden, too. I want to wait a little bit before I detonate these. Got it?

Jest nodded, and walked away to go talk to the rest of the group. The Joker's hideout was an abandoned warehouse in a less traveled section of Gotham; in interest of staying in character as much as possible, he hadn't visited it since the change. Jest had been the main liaison between Joker and his group.
Batman: The Killing Joke- in We Run Arkham! Check it out, Jokerz!
ArkhamInmate325

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 14th, 2012, 2:26 am

Batman toggled a switch, this monster attacking Gotham seemed the stuff of old movies. A plan of Ghul's? He had no clue. The sleek form of the Batwing flew through the air over fields and over city walls, over skyscrapers, over parks, over streets, and towards the Gotham Square. He knew something bigger was up. Something horrific. He just didn't know what. There was something about the flowers, something about the Son of Man, and the other two Jokers. Something about.. he wasn't sure. Ra's was just a pawn? Of whom?

There was smoke, and where there was smoke there was fire. A city block on fire. Ambulances, fire trucks, Gotham on fire, and a black thing travelling through the night.

The radio switched on.

"Arella has a message. This is Warden Quincy Sharp. This is Amadeus Arkham. This is Jeremiah Arkham."
A1Nutboy

Postby ArkhamInmate325 » Jul 14th, 2012, 2:52 am

Jest picked up his cell phone, to hear the voice that, though slightly unfamiliar, he knew was the disguised voice of the Joker. He only said a couple words, but Jest knew the meaning.

Send all of the troops out. Get someones attention, and quickly."
ArkhamInmate325

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 14th, 2012, 2:59 am

"The flowers all carry strains of highly explosive incendiary death pollen. You have two. Enough to take your family's life on a whim. Remember Crime Alley, it ends, on your birthday, there, when the time comes, or otherwise a greater punishment you can suffer. Everyone goes mad through reflections and mirrors. They see how it is on the outside, from the inside. It's how we all go mad. The demon Barbatos is of the dark side, and by removing a messenger, Bruno Manheim of Intergang from a place you reside you gained time. Don't waste that gift now, Mr, Wayne, for we are legion, and you are one." The voice said, before shutting off.

Batman had recorded the data and immediately sent it to the batcave for audio sample comparison. He was sure he knew this person, from somewhere.
A1Nutboy

Postby ArkhamInmate325 » Jul 14th, 2012, 3:06 am

From the warehouse, a steady flood of thugs began running out. They were all proudly wearing their Joker colors; facepaint, clothes, everything. And they began running through the streets of Gotham city, chanting the Joker's name.
ArkhamInmate325

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 14th, 2012, 3:14 am

Something new came up. He checked the streets with telescoping vision devices. It appeared that the Joker's men were chanting some bizarre ritual or something. He gave the streets full of minions a black look, pulling a lever to the right down as well. The Batwing dipped down and sped low, sweeping across the streets above the men's head, causing some of them to scream and stop in their tracks. As he zoomed over, screaming citizens welcomed him with loud cries.

"Look up and smile. THIS IS BATMAN."

Somewhere in a building nearby where a prodigy, an antihero, was helping people escape their burning apartments, the crimson cloaked, yellow masked, son of the Joker, Anarky even looked out the window perhaps in awe at the sound of the Dark Knight's voice. Citizens stopped. A woman Anarky was helping out of a burning door stopped screaming.

Outside a few streets away the Batwing traveled the air over the procession sending torrents of air through the crowd of Joker goons as it went.
A1Nutboy

Postby ArkhamInmate325 » Jul 14th, 2012, 3:26 am

The thugs were moving through the city rapidly. And now Jest got another order on his phone.

"Tell them to get violent."

Jest smirked, and put the radio to his lips.

"Violence permitted."
ArkhamInmate325

PreviousNext

Return to We Are Arkham