Gotham City Saviors

Jump into the Arkhamverse and see if you can survive a night.

Re: Gotham City Saviors

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 15th, 2012, 3:07 am

Red Robin had disappeared over these hours, communication wasn't reaching him. Nightwing's radio had cut off as well. It was clear he needed to get back to that theater, and fast. He should have searched underneath that place better, much better. And that he would, now. Even though it may be too late. If needs be, he had a way to stop Ra's forever, though it would come at great cost. Bane had set the path.

"Hal, get to Monarch theater, I'll be there soon, the situation is there." Batman radioed into the fellow hero, before setting the course for Monarch Theater.

The Batwing flew high over the streets, where the GCPD now were busy quelling the riots. Far below riot officers dragged clowns out of doors, beat them down with nightsticks, and shot canisters of tear gas into buildings. Gun shots were fired, and the night was not quiet. The Batwing wasn't noticed by anyone down there, and for good reason, violence was at hand. The PD down a pack of gang members inside a building, as he turned a corner, emptying bullet after bullet into the rabble of criminals.

At least it was confined solely around Gotham Square.

He had an idea.

"Hal, don't go there, change of plan." He radioed into Hal.

"Okay, what's the ne--"

Batman interrupted him, trying to cut into Grayson instead.

"Nightwing. Get out of the theater, I am going to take the building down. Hal you too, get out of there, and stay away, come in if this fails, I repeat, don't get too close. Nightwing, do you hear me? We can bomb the building using Bane's bomb, it's the only thing to do."

"That's not a good idea, it would kill anyone there, I can do this." Green Lantern said into the radio.

"We need to decide, we don't know what we're dealing with here."

"A bomb, Batman, is the easy way out. Not the right way."

"It may be the only way."
A1Nutboy

Favourite Villain: Batman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby ArkhamInmate325 » Jul 15th, 2012, 4:15 am

Jack waked to his window, staring out over Gotham. His face was curved in a slight frown as he saw several of his people fleeing. But, he knew it was necessary. The Batman had by the end of the week. But he should make it known; how, though? Hijack Gotham Television? Easy. He could use a radio signal to do it. Perfect.... but it would take at least 2 days. He didn't have two days. He wanted the Bat on his knees. He opened his cell phone, and set the plan in motion.
Batman: The Killing Joke- in We Run Arkham! Check it out, Jokerz!
ArkhamInmate325

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 15th, 2012, 4:37 am

The Batwing came to a stop, settling in the parking lot of the theater. A small set of stairs popped out, along with a black door, allowing Batman passage into this dismal place. No one was even near, at least no civilians. As Batman stepped from the stairs that bridged the gap between asphalt and his vehicle, Green Lantern was walking from the side of an abandoned car, coming around. Both of them came to a stop, in front of each other, and both felt a vague tinge of dread. The monolithic theater squashed out the surrounding buildings with its overbearing gloom.

Hal didn't have time to contemplate things.

"So why the hell did you leave this place? Didn't you know what entropy is? And now you're going to try and blow it up with a BOMB?! Are we criminals, or are we heroes?" Hal shouted, pointing in his face, "Kill a little save a lot, huh? What the hell is wrong with you? You shack up with a nutjob? Then you adopt a timebomb?! You speak of some morally compelling 'I can't kill people' rule as if you're some hero, then you just evade it if it's easy to do so?!"

Batman just stood, the little that could be seen of his face an expressionless scowl.

"We need to find Grayson. And Tim." He finally muttered.

"Shut up! Do you hear me? Do I have to make you shut up? You need help. Your sidekicks aren't helping, I'll handle this." Hal Irritably said, turning around, waving him away.
A1Nutboy

Postby ArkhamInmate325 » Jul 15th, 2012, 5:04 am

Jest shot down anyone who got in his way, and set up everything. One click. And the Joker was on, the signal from which he was broadcasting. Every TV in Gotham, and every radio in Gotham, switched to the Joker.

Those with a TV were met with a man wearing a clown mask. But soon he tore it off to reveal the Clown Prince of Crime.

"Helloooo Gotham! Joker here! I'm sorry for the riot, by the way! But....sadly, there will be more. Well, only if the Bat can't find me! I'm cleverly hidden among all of you citizens. Trust no one! I may just be right behind you.....hahahahaha.... the Bat has 1 week to find me. If he doesn't, riots, bombs, and whatever else just SLIPS into my mind...... goooooooooooood luck Bats!! GET TO IT."

The broadcast ends with the Joker laughing, and then a looped laugh track began playing and the Joker symbol was displayed, before Jest switched it back to the normal programming. He fled the building. And the Joker ran as well, like crazy, until he got to the designated changing space.
Batman: The Killing Joke- in We Run Arkham! Check it out, Jokerz!
ArkhamInmate325

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 15th, 2012, 5:14 am

"Batman." Barbara said, police commissioner and current Batgirl, still fulfilling the duties of Oracle.

"Oracle?"

"It's the Joker, you know which one. He just broadcast a message, we'll have one week to find him. He's hidden somewhere among the civilians in this city, we'll comb everything with the police." She answered.

"Good. I'll look into his henchmen." He responded, walking steadily after Hal.

Jordan was smart, he'd already determined how Bane had moved a bomb close to the theater, via monorail. They both climbed a flight of stairs, until they reached the monorail station at the Square. The abandoned train was still there, and Batman had no interest in checking the roof for Bane's body, if it remained. The way they came onto the station led them past the front, where Slade's dried blood coated the train's head.

They stood on the station floor, next to the train's side.

"So the bomb's in there?" Hal asked, waving at it.

Batman grunted, still talking to Barbara. He finished the radio conversation with a yes to her question about the important day, then he glanced at Hal.

"Yes, and Hal, I know what I'm doing. Don't think, for an instant, I'd allow civilians to be hurt. If it's Ra's it's different, and second my wife is none of your concern. Third, I adopted Raven, not a timebomb."

"Let's just get back to all this, we can argue about the other crap later." Hal decided, blowing him off.

The Green Lantern powered on his ring, and pried open the train sliding door with the light, then they stepped inside.

"Alright," Hal said, "I'm going to make this a non-issue."
A1Nutboy

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 16th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Hurt cleared his throat. "Great Barbatos...we have a task for you. We, your summoners, the ones who drove you from non-existence into the plains of reality! We awakened you! And now we ask you for the merging of two worlds!"

From the shadows stepped one of the Talons, and a ninja from Ra's League. Barbatos let out a shrill roar, sending another ripple tremor through the city. He flapped his wings, and stared at the people. Suddenly the cave burst into flames, sending ripples of fire across Gotham. Hurt shielded his eyes, and so did Ghul. Once they opened them, Ra's chuckled as before him stood a combination made in Hell.

Before him, was a Talon-Ghul.
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby Holiday_Killer » Jul 17th, 2012, 1:58 am

Dick started coughing. The smoke was getting to him. He started sprinting place to place in the shadows to avoid smoke and fire. The Monster quickly started looking around. ''Someone else is in here.'' The monster said with a grave and scary voice.

Richard held his breath.
Holiday_Killer

Formerly Batmanlaghing567.
Holiday_Killer

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 17th, 2012, 2:15 am

"Now what I am going to do, is crush this bomb with a forcefield, so that it can't do anything at all." Hal said, powering a bright green circular field around the metal crate of an explosive squat in the center of the train.

Batman gasped, reaching out for him with his right hand.

"NO."

"The explosion will be contained, I can't have you messing around foolishly." The Green Lantern said in reply.

"We have to stop Ra's."

"We can, without this."
A1Nutboy

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 17th, 2012, 2:38 am

Within the hour, Barbatos had created an army of Talon-Ghuls, at the control of Ra's, Hurt, and the undisclosed leader of the Court of Owls. Barbatos was at their control. And Ra's had one last whim he needed fulfilled. "Barbatos...show me a world in which the Batman didn't stop Trigon."

The Bat-Demon chuckled, before letting out another shrill cry, rocking Gotham one last time. Ra's fell to his knees, blinded, as the world was destroyed around him. In the dark, the city burned to the ground, and instantly was restored, but flawed.

The blinding feeling gone, Ra's stood up along with Hurt. Obviously the demand had affected everything, not just Ghul's mind. He looked around. Barbatos still hovered in the air above him. Everything else was in a ruined flame, besides the Talon-Ghuls, who stood at their masters's feet.
The Dark Crusader

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 17th, 2012, 3:00 am

Something happened, sending them both to their knees, everything shook, and they tried to regain some dazed footing, to no avail. The hold over the bomb was gone, and it had seemingly slid somewhere down into the back of the train.

"You've gone nuts, you need to amend your methods. We're fighting over a bomb!? We need to be out there, fighting that terrorist," Hal said bitterly, looking down at the floor, "Well.. you're no hero. I'm no hero."

He managed to stand, brushing back his hair from his face with his left hand, and powered the ring's light centered on the bomb, with his right.

Batman was already on his feet, lunging for him.

Jordan ducked under that grab, sending a low kick to the vigilante's shin, simultaneously encapsulating him in energy with the ring, throwing him flying into the wall. He was held there.

Hal stood next to the bomb, keeping the beam on the struggling Batman, as he reached for the crate's handle with his free hand.

"Your emotional spectrum could never have handled a ring, by the way.. you would have gone dark. I have the imagination, and the will." Green Lantern stated, slowly swinging the bomb box across the train compartment into Batman's chest.

He held the green field around Batman, and around the bomb.

"What are you doing?" Batman asked.

"Let's just stop this," Hal said, powering down the ring, and his field, "I can do this, you can go home, go home to your wife, you've done enough. What I see in my mind I make real, and I see everything. I'll do what needs to be done."
A1Nutboy

Postby Holiday_Killer » Jul 17th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Nightwing silently changed his hiding spot while the Demon was distracted. They were talking about something but Dick couldn't hear it.
Holiday_Killer

Formerly Batmanlaghing567.
Holiday_Killer

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 17th, 2012, 4:17 pm

"In this world, Batman succumbed to Trigon temporarily. The damage was irreversible. Although he eventually did defeat the demon, he nevr came back from the loss. He still fights in the belief that his world can be restored." Hurt smiled. "A perfect world, then."
The Dark Crusader

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 17th, 2012, 4:17 pm

"In this world, Batman succumbed to Trigon temporarily. The damage was irreversible. Although he eventually did defeat the demon, he never came back from the loss. He still fights in the belief that his world can be restored." Hurt smiled. "A perfect world, then."
The Dark Crusader

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 17th, 2012, 5:54 pm

It wasn't hard for Hal and Batman to locate the torn out remainder of the theater. Gotham Square had been bombarded from the ground, right about when they had lost their footing. It seemed disorienting, their steps, but they soon made it to the theater, unharmed despite minor quakes.

"They're talking about you, on the radio through Grayson's bad connection. Someone says, when you 'died', you never really came back." Hal said, a hand hesitantly adjusting the ear piece.

"I came back."

They went into the once great building, now a husk of age, a husk of brimstone, a husk of life. And eventually the came upon the grinning opening, overlooking Ra's and his fellows.
A1Nutboy

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 17th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Spoiler: show
Transitioning back to Tim, I'm thinking about quiting this and starting a new RPG.
Everything was changed before Red Robin's eyes. The world was ablaze, with no people in sight. A great darkness overtook the skies. The Dark Wonder stared around, blinking. "Dick? Hal? Hell, Joker?"

They were gone. They were all gone.
The Dark Crusader

PreviousNext

Return to We Are Arkham