The Funhouse RPG

Jump into the Arkhamverse and see if you can survive a night.

The Funhouse RPG

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:26 am

(Trying to think of something)

You are a person, anyone, be it James Gordon to Riddler to Robin to a random Gotham citizen. And you have just been held hostage by the Joker, who is about to unleash the most horrific games upon his hostages.

Rules: Deaths will and can happen.

You get five near death escapes, they will be counted.

The objective is to survive whatever the Joker puts you through.

Everybody starting wakes in the back of a van, tied up. They will be brought to a lair, and the objective is to try and survive until the end of the part. And of course, eventually have the Joker behind bars.

Joker: Meeeeeee!

Batman: The Dark Crusader.

Riddler: Enigma.

Red Hood: Batmanlaghing.

Bane: Arkhamcitydood.
Last edited by A1Nutboy on Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
A1Nutboy

Favourite Villain: Batman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Re: The Funhouse RPG

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:31 am

Spoiler: show
Wait is this like a Gotham-version of Mortal Kombat? Because, if so...I...am...Batman.
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby Enigma » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:32 am

I will be the Riddler.

I woke up in an awkward position. My hands and feet were tied securely behind me. I was lying on them - uncomfortably, I might add. Beside me sat the unconcious bodies of a few more people. It was near impossible to make them out with the poor lighting. Although, if I had to, I would make the guess that I was hog-tied in the back of someone's van.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:34 am

The Dark Crusader wrote:
Wait is this like a Gotham-version of Mortal Kombat? Because, if so...I...am...Batman.

You are Batman. And it is whatever it is, depends on what happens. And welcome Riddler. You, er both will be in the van together, getting to know each other.
A1Nutboy

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:39 am

Since this is basically a fight to the death, and Batman is one of the smartest people in the DCU, I'll try to focus on the Detective aspect, considering that most will try the brawn approach

The Dark Knight looked around the dirty, dusty vehicle. He had no clue where he was, or why he was there. All he knew was that he needed to escape...fast.

Rolling his wrist around, he slipped a small Batarang out of his glove and began working on the cord that bound him. It was an incredolously strong alloy, resembling a texture mesh combined with simple steel particles. A Cadmus-made alloy. It was something Batman would have to look into.
The Dark Crusader

Postby Enigma » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:42 am

Across from me I heard movement. Someone was shuffling slightly in the van. I stayed as still as possible, not wanted to alert them to my presence just yet. I didn't know who they were and I couldn't see; someone was between us.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:50 am

So its like the Hunger Games, with Joker hosting?

Is this correct?
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Holiday_Killer » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:54 am

This is weird. But I'm bored so I'll do it anyway. I'll be Jason Todd ( Red Hood)

Red Hood was tied up in a van, trying to escape the rope tied to his hands. After all his years training with Batman, he could easily break free from the rope. A mini-knife ejected from Red Hood's sleeves, then Jason started cutting the rope.
Last edited by Holiday_Killer on Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holiday_Killer

Formerly Batmanlaghing567.
Holiday_Killer

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:56 am

Yes to the guy with Hunger Games comment, he's going to take them somewhere, if you start it is in the van and welcome Laghing.

Wrist watch. Purple suit. Black waistcoat. Corduroys. Wingtip shoes, bandages as spats.

Time is 13:00 o'clock on the watch. Never stops. Never starts. Always perfect.

I notice him, the Batman, moving. Why, is he trying to escape? Should I allow him to? No. No. I listen to the crinkling of my purple gloves, as I tighten them around my fists, such is the sound of perfection.

I moved past that Riddler, who thought he knew wit, and games, towards the only person in this city anyone should care about. Batman.

"I like it, I like the feel of mauve, Batman." I said, playing with a tube of lipstick in my fingers.

That big man was wearing his armor, that pathetic thing he thinks can protect him. They call me crazy. But what exactly is that silly thing he wears? I wondered as I painted my mouth, for him. I know I'm a man, but can't guys have fun too? He likes it, I know he does. He can't talk he can't tell me, but he loves me he loves he loves me. I had something in my pockets, whatever it is, I took it and held it firmly in my right hand.

I crouched close to him, listening to the sound of his breathing, and then I grasped Batman's cowled, scowling face, holding the potato peeler close to his left eye.

"Do you want to know how I'll let you live, my sweet?"
A1Nutboy

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:03 am

The man kissed him on the cheek, and Batman felt the lipstick stain across his face like glue. "Joker," he whispered. The Joker stifled a laugh. "Don't want to spoil the surprise, now do we?" The Clown Prince reached down for the Batarang, and instinctively, the gauntlet shocking him. The Caped Crusader smiled. "Shocking, isn't it?"
The Dark Crusader

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:17 am

"Absolutely not. It never never is. I know you." I said, giving him a black look, this disgusting freak who terrorized my city.

"You. YOU. Made me. Like this. You abominable filthy maggot. I will grip your spleen, I will see everyone who did this, fall. And become. Just. Like. Me." I stood up, and walked away.

I strode along the compartment, hands clasped behind my back, sighing. These people were all filth. I stared down at that fool I killed once, with the sad fetish of motorcycles. The little Red Riding Hood.

"Why, it is a-- maggot." I said, looking down at his mask.

My men would ensure my mission was completed, they were my fans. Pathetic.

I turned around, my purple coat sweeping with the air, and pointed at the man who was a Bat.

"You.. youuu. You might be the one, the one for me. You might be the one, the one for me." I said, licking my lips. I could taste the anticipation in the air.

"Everyone! Godless sodomites, I'm going to take you to a place," I said, hands over my face, "A fun place. Know that you must all try and kill each other. Fine gentlemen, whosoever refuses to play our little game tonight will be forced to watch as naughtly little children get blown. SKYHIGH! Don't make me do it. Cause I wanna, just so bad, hehehehhehehehehehhHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHH AHahhhhhhh....."

One of my men, a trenchcoated, bald, rustic fellow I had dubbed Abner, walked along the compartment tapping my hostages' foreheads with his Remington 870 shotgun. An ordinary piece of work, but effective should a severed head and blasted brains be required.

man this started good, then it went sour..
Last edited by A1Nutboy on Jul 10th, 2012, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A1Nutboy

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:23 am

I'll go with Bane for now. If i don't need him I'll kill him lol. And I mean the Nolan Bane, so he's not like the regular Bane.

A loud zap awoke me from a nap. But I wasn't home. No, I was tied up to some vehicle. A large vehicle. The first thing I noticed was the Batman, sitting in the corner watching Joker get shocked. After a few rambling sentences,Joker turned around and kicked the vigilant in the face, making him yelp. "It feels good, doesn't it clown". I said in a whisper.

The clown walked to me smiling. He bent over and said "Well look who's already up! I thought you'd be out from that fight".

I didn't have the slightest idea of what he was saying. I gave a long, awkward silence. The clown said "Don't you remember your fight with the bat? I watched the whole thing. He got you real bad."

I looked over at Batman, who was looking down, breathing. He was mad. As was I.
arkhamcitydood

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:24 am

The yelp was for play. The kick barely affected his unshaven face. The Batman sighed and went back to working at the cord. Cadmus-suplied resources. The Joker. A van full of men and women, some ordinary, some extraordinary. And no one besides the Clown knew anything about it.

The Dark Knight Detective had already made up his cold, analytical mind before he cut through the last tendon of rope delicately, so carefully that no one saw it snap. He'd stay. But only to help these people, and to take down the Harlequin of Hate once and for all.
The Dark Crusader

Postby A1Nutboy » Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:32 am

The Riddler, I walked up to him, and placed his bowler hat firmly onto his head.

"I know. Old pal, feelin' weak, yeah? But don't worry. You're not one of them. You're one of us. You'll see." I said, in a compassionate voice, of hope. I was also frowning.

Then I turned, and walked over to the... Batman. I slammed my shoe into his face, and then into his chest, and again. I just silently watched him bleed from his mouth, as I threw a kick.

AND AGAIN. And again.

And again. And again. And again.

I brought an ax kick into the side of his shoulder, wishing for the delightful snap of fresh bone. None came. Not yet. I turned, and sauntered away, waiting for our soon to arrive landing spot.

I smiled for the first time in a month, exposing rows of long, sharp razorblades of teeth. We would arrive soon.
Last edited by A1Nutboy on Jul 2nd, 2012, 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
A1Nutboy

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:34 am

I wasn't dull. I saw what the bat did to his rope. He could move his hands more than I could, and I could rip through these ropes like paper. I tried not to stare at the bat, but I tried to seek his attention without alerting the clown. We needed to find a way off this vehicle. Without my mask, I could be taken down in a moment. Where was my mask?
arkhamcitydood

Next

Return to We Are Arkham