The New Hope

Jump into the Arkhamverse and see if you can survive a night.

The New Hope

Postby The Green One » Sep 17th, 2012, 10:28 pm

In Arkham City, one inmate finally escapes the city. The other prisoners hear about the news, and they start to believe that they would be able to do the same thing. The inmates start an uproar, and all hell breaks loose in Arkham City, with the prisoners revolting against the guards.

Then, one week after his escape, the escaped prisoner is brought back into the city, but that doesn't seem to matter to him. As he sees the uproar in the prison, he smiles, and as soon as he is back in the prison, he start leading the riots, calling himself The Green One and never showing his true identity, because he wears a green motorcycle suit.

The Green One asks the prisoners a simple question: Do you want to spend the rest of your lives here, or do you want to join me and learn about the secret of escaping the city?

Everyone can join. Each member will play a prisoner during the events that I mentioned above. As the story progresses, villains will join the story, and by that time members will be able to play them too.
The Green One

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Re: The New Hope

Postby Anonymous Person » Sep 18th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Sounds interesting. Looks like I'll be the first to say: "count me in."
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes.
Anonymous Person

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby The Green One » Sep 18th, 2012, 9:19 pm

anonymous person wrote:Sounds interesting. Looks like I'll be the first to say: "count me in."

Awesome. I guess I'll wait for a few more people to join before I start :alfred:
The Green One

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Sep 19th, 2012, 9:04 am

TGO, can I join?
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Postby The Green One » Sep 19th, 2012, 6:18 pm

arkham maniac 22 wrote:TGO, can I join?

Of course! I think we'll start friday, I hope there are enough people here by then.
The Green One

Postby Enigma » Sep 19th, 2012, 9:05 pm

I'll join, both because it looks quite cool and because I don't want to see something experimental like this fail.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby The Green One » Sep 19th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Enigma wrote:I'll join, both because it looks quite cool and because I don't want to see something experimental like this fail.

Thanks Enigma :alfred:
The Green One

Postby The Dark Crusader » Sep 22nd, 2012, 3:53 pm

I'll play :) If I can, that is.
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby deadjunk » Sep 22nd, 2012, 5:49 pm

I'm in if s'all good with you! Haven't been on this subforum for a while :oldyella:
I want to eat a pirate

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25469
deadjunk

Favourite Villain: Two Face/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Anonymous Person » Sep 25th, 2012, 9:25 pm

should we start then or...?
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes.
Anonymous Person

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby The Green One » Sep 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Okay then, I guess I'll start. If you would be so kind, leave some info about your character before starting the story. I won't do this, because I'm, you know, mysterious or something ;D I'll also start writing as soon as I can, but it's way too late to come up with something good now :/
The Green One

Postby Enigma » Sep 27th, 2012, 6:06 am

Name: Johnny Maywether
Background: Johnny Maywether was born into a poor family in the East End of Gotham City where crime was rampant and murder was not uncommon. He was quick to leave home when he turned eleven and quickly integrated himself into the world of the bums. His mind deteriorated over time and he committed his first murder at the age of sixteen after taking it to a homeless man in retaliation for irritating him. For this crime he was sentenced to twelve years in Blackgate Penitentiary. Though he only served half of that time there. A prison riot in his sixth year as a prisoner enabled him to, along with twenty-odd others, break free and return to a life on the streets. Johnny spent a whole year in 'freedom' before being recaptured after a small string of murders around an apartment building. He was found guilty of killing four mobsters but instead of being sent back to Blackgate, he was found insane and moved to Arkham Asylum for treatment. Safe to say, the treatment he was given was almost completely ineffective, though he was not considered a large threat to others and never made it past low-level security status. The man was recently incarcerated in Arkham City, where he quickly found a knife to be his weapon of choice once again. He has murdered one man in the 'city' to date - the sixth or seventh in his lifetime.
Personality: Johnny Maywether is a few eggs short of an omelet to say the least, being certifiably insane and not able to fit in with 'normal' people. He seems to have no compassion for the lives and safety of other people. This is only partially true, however, as he is not a total psychopath and is relatively docile, only killing in either self-defense or when threatened - most of the time at least. He remains an unpredictable fellow in the mega-prison and not a very social one.

-

Johnny knew very little about the man, other than the fact he was probably almost as insane as he was. The man would spend his days seated by the rubbish bin in the corner talking to himself. Johnny thought that must mean he was a rather interesting fellow. If he was able to sit there contently with only himself for company he must be, right? Well Johnny was quite interested in finding out for himself. He decided to investigate the man more closely, start a conversation, something. Only then would he know.

"Hello there," Johnny spoke in an even tone, neither totally passive or aggressive. The weird man in the corner cast a look in his direction and stared at him for a moment with tinted eyes. After holding the man's stare until he broke it, Johnny then danced along and sat beside him.
He coughed hesitantly.
"Hello?"
The man shuffled on the spot and turned to face him before offering a simple "hello" in reply. The conversation was going brilliantly.
"Hello, my name is Johnny." He extended a relaxed hand to the man, who took it comfortably. "I thought I'd get to know you a little better. After all, I do need someone to talk to and you're the only one around here."
"But you've always got someone to talk to - yourself."
Johnny raised an eyebrow, more out of curiosity than anything else. "You think?"
"Of course. I've been talking to myself for nearly twenty years now!" He chuckled quietly.
Perhaps he was a little loopier than he looked. The crazy sheen in his eyes seemed to agree so.
"I don't think I'm too much of an interesting fellow myself."
"Are you? I thought that at first myself, until I got to know me better."

Johnny felt glad that there was someone around who could understand him on a basic level. The other man, who Johnny discovered was named Jack, seemed to think the same about him. The conversation continued for about another ten minutes, not including when Johnny left, to which Jack didn't seem to notice...
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Bane » Sep 28th, 2012, 12:09 am

I assume everyone is allowed to join. If that's the case then here's my character

my character may be a little too insane for the story, so i'll put it in spoilers in case it's unacceptable.
Spoiler: show
Name: GeoZorath
Origin: Little GeoZorath was born like any other child, yep, he was born in a bathroom at a gas station, when he was around 2 years old his parents couldn't stand the little devil, he was walking backwards and playing with knifes and anything dangerous, horrified with him they took him into a forest and left him to die, he was found by wolves and raised by then until his was five when he was discovered by an escaped mental patient, the two spent years together, the unknown mental patient fortunately knew how to speak wolf so he could communicate with little GeoZorath, at least he thought he could. when GeoZorath turned 7 he could speak english, it was a miracle, but his sentences hardly ever made sense, and he was utterly obsessed with cheese! by age 10 GeoZorath had started calling himself GeoZorath, claiming it was in wolf language and meant "Angry, or Mad" because GeoZorath was angry all the time, why was he angry? Nobody knew, not the mental patient, not GeoZorath, he just hated everything, except Cheese of course. When GeoZorath turned 12, he decided he didn't like his adopted parent any more and killed him in his sleep, He ran off into the wilderness with only a knife he had taken from his former parent, he started affectionately calling it "The JackaWack!" and claimed that whatever it cuts would eventually go mad. Ohh yes he went to the city from time to time, but only to steal Cheese! He couldn't get enough Cheese. By Age 17 Geozorath had built himself a nice little log cabin and made a new family... out of Cheese! Cheese this! Cheese that! everything he did revolved around Cheese! Cheese for breakfest, lunch, brunch, dinner, and even before bed! by Age 20 Geozorath Had become utterly depressed, over time his family rotted and decayed, he thought he could make a new family out of more Cheese but always ended up eating it instead. One day a finely dressed man walked into the forest and wondered near GeoZorath's house, GeoZorath invited the kind stranger into his home for some Cheese, The man was hesitant but didn't want to anger GeoZorath, they sat down and had a nice cheese meal, but then the man started choking, the man suffocated and died from choking on the cheese, Geozorath was horrified, how could his beloved Cheese cause a man to die? so he cut the man up into peices and ate him, and wore his cloths, he decided the man would live on through him and together they would eat cheese together forever, to make up for the accident that happened. GeoZorath constantly imagines he's hearing the voice of the man who died, and does everything to make ammends for what happened, eventually he was found and shipped off to Arkham, as it was the only asylum that could contain GeoZorath, GeoZorath was willing to cooperate with them as long as he was given cheese. And when Arkham city was opened, GeoZorath was thrown in there. and that's where the cheese obsessed lunatic's story continues...

Spoiler: show
GeoZorath noticed a man walking by, he quickly ran over to him and grabbed him by the neck.
"CHEESE! Where can I get some CHEESE!??"
"What the hell?!" said the Man
"YOu KnOW where it's at! Don't you!" said GeoZorath
"I don't know where any damn cheese is at! the food here is shit! Just get away from me!" said the man as he backed away from GeoZorath
"You're Hiding it! ArEn't YoU?!" said GeoZorath
"Get the hell back! I'll gut you like a pig, Freak!" Said the man as he pulled out a knife
"Ahh, a swordsman! well no weapon can compare to my wonderous JackaWack!" said GeoZorath as he pulled out his beloved Knife which he had hid from guards for so many years.
GeoZorath ran towards the man, the man tried to stab him but in a mere split second, GeoZorath slashed the mans throat
"What a shame! What a shame! he won't get to experience the joys of madness... and Cheese!"

GeoZorath began walking around, he then heard some prisoners talking about a man in a green suit saying he could free the prisoners.
"GREEN! GREEEN! Cheese can be green! if it's old and nasty... ewww I don't like that kind of Cheese! but he might know where good cheese it at! Nice and yellow! HAhAHaHAhahouaha!" said GeoZorath as he merrily danced along as he walked down a dark alley.
Bane

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby B Wiggs » Oct 23rd, 2012, 1:30 am

I guess I could give it a whirl... I'll see what bats I have in the belfry. :adam:
B Wiggs

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year 100

Return to We Are Arkham