Arkham Legacies

Jump into the Arkhamverse and see if you can survive a night.

Arkham Legacies

Postby Docu » Dec 23rd, 2013, 11:04 am

Months after the Arkham City event, on Halloween, Gotham must survive it's longest night ever....

The We are Arkham part is pretty much dead, and now the AO is released, I thought of resurrecting it. Anyway story happens on next Halloween after Arkham City. AO, AOB, AA, AC are canon but not HQR. Create an interesting story as you play. Any comments not based on the story use spoiler tags, and tell me what characters you want to be in spoilers as well. Multiple characters per person are allowed.
Resurrections: No, unless loophole in story found.
Deaths: Yes
Last minute death outs: I don't even know what that means lol. Sorry.
Non-Arkhamverse Characters: Yes.
I will be Scarecrow and Prometheus.
You may choose any Batman character then I will post it for you.

Black Mask - thatguywiththebeanie

-- Dec 23rd, 2013, 5:32 pm --

October the 31st, Metropolis Observatory, Seismic Division.
5:40 PM.

He didn't realize it at first. He kept staring at the screen for a minute before jumping into action.
"Miss! - Miss!"
The girl looked at him and said, "I thought I told you-"
"What? Right, I mean, Candy. I have to talk to Professor Strawn now!"
Another man leaned and joined in, "Why?"
The rookie looked at him and poured it out. "P-Waves... lots of activity. I think I'm detecting a hypocenter."
Neither seemed to be bothered. "Where?"
"Gotham."
The man took out his cigar and laughed long. "Gotham?"
"What? What's so funny? We have to issue a warning.'
"Kid, I wouldn't worry about it. Gotham is already hell, and chances are, it'll probably at 1 pointer."
"You can't know that!" the kid looked incredulously at them.
"Call it a hunch. My instincts are usually right."
"We can't go by that!"
"Kid, you have any idea how much work it is issue a warning?" the man stood up, smiles gone. "The paperwork - the phone calls - it's nothing for you - I have to do everything - you get the medals - I get nothing! Why should I even bother?"
"People will die! How can-"
"Save it, boy. Those freaks don't stir my sympathy." the man spat.
Candy smiled sweetly at him. "Get yourself a coffee, dear. I'm coming just now." The kid gave her a scathing look and stormed off.
Candy took out her phone. She dialed a number, one she hadn't since rehabilitation.
"You have reached the office of Mr Oswald Cobblepot. Can I take a message?"
Last edited by Docu on Dec 26th, 2013, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Docu

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Victory

Re: Arkham Legacies

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » Dec 25th, 2013, 10:31 am

I will be Black Mask. Who has become the most feared head crime lord in Gotham city after the tragic death of Joker. :blackmask:

"Hello, you have reached the office of Mr Oswald Cobblepot, who may I be speaking to."
"That voice" Thought Candy, she hadn't heard that voice in a long time.
"Hello, who is this" said the voice again.
"Listen, Tracey, baby. This is Candy, remember?"
"Candy? I don't know any Candy." Tracey said in a worried voice.
"What are you talking about, baby? Remember, The Final Offer? I know it's been years since but-"
"Listen, I don't know who you are, so just go away!"
"Listen, just tell Black Mask to-"
Tracey slammed the phone on the table, with sweat dripping down her forehead.
Black Mask (Me) then puts down his gun and rests it in his holster.
"Did you give her time to mention the..."
"No. I stopped her as best as could." Tracey said in a hurry.
"Good," I (Black Mask) said. "because the police have this phone line tapped you know. And it would be a shame if the police tracked it back to a dead body."
Tracey started belting out tears.
"Here, we go. On with the waterworks. Come on bitch." I start pulling at Tracey's arm, trying to take her with me.
"Piss of, wanker! If she doesn't wanna go, then she doesn't wanna go!" Said Penguin.
"Fine, you two burn in the fiery wasteland which you created. Now if you don't mind I've got Miami Beach house that is sorely lacking my presence." I say, while patting the bald head of my now defeated nemesis. I exit the Iceberg Lounge, detonator in hand, ready to blow up the joint when he arrives.
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
thatguywiththebeanie

Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Postby Docu » Dec 26th, 2013, 9:53 am

Spoiler: show
Cool, nice to have you on board, Black Mask! Note that you can control more than one character, within limit, of course.

Ring tones.
"Hello?"
"Loose Lips?"
"Who is that?
"It's me, Candy. What's going on with Cobblepot?"
"Hey! Lomg time no see babe! About Cobblepot, he's probably dead by now. But you probably haven't heard."
"What happened?"
"The Bat and the snowman ganged up on him. Removed both hands and cut him a beak, I heard. And now Sionis is after him after those attacks."
"What attacks?"
"There's this guy - the Red Hood. He's been attacking Black Mask's drug cartel. Sionis reckons he's been hired by the Penguin."
"What happened to the gang - and you?"
"The gang is dead. I got away long ago. Tracey and the old bat was hiding in the Museum. But it blew up an hour ago. So I guess that's the end of the Penguin."
"And - Tracey?"
"Her too, I think."

Red Hood wanted - Someone oblige!
Docu

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Victory

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » Dec 27th, 2013, 10:04 am

Nice, I like how it is going. Plus, I like your writing style doesn't feel forced or comic book-y at all. Anyway, I guess I could be Batman.

"I stand atop the building watching all the Penguin thugs scramble out of the Iceberg Lounge. To some it would be horrifying, to others it would be cruel not to help them. To me though; to me it is almost poetic. Right before I came here I had tapped into the phone offices of Penguin after Freeze told me it would be a wise idea, he was right. Black Mask was there and he's the one responsible for the death of Oswald Cobblepot. I decide to go find the one man in Arkham City who knows anything about Black Mask; a man who goes by the name of one Great White Shark. He's safe. Used to handle most of the drug dealings between Black Mask and other Mobsters. He's said to be somewhere in Arkham City. Got to move though, I here they're moving most of the old Arkham prisoners over to Blackgate Prison for safe keeping, till' they decide what to do with them. Ahh, we're here, Sionis Steel Mill." ponders Batman.

"Yo boss, where do you want us to move this truckload of dynamite?"
"I don't know, just leave it there till' Sionis arrives." said the Great White Shark in a cheerful optimistic voice, completely unaware of his inevitable doom.
The ceiling light blacks out.
The prisoners get out there guns and start shooting wherever they hear noise.
"We know you're out there Bats! SHOW YOUR SELF!" says one of the henchmen.
"Look at them," thought Batman. "So scared."
Batman flies down and strikes one of the men momentarily collapsing and leaving him on the floor.
The second man tries to strike The Bat with no avail. GWS tries making it to the elevator before he is pulled back and hears the voice of his nightmares. "Hello, Warren."
Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
thatguywiththebeanie

Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Return to We Are Arkham