Are the Arkham Unhinged Comics canon?!?

From 'Road to Arkham', through the Arkham City mini-series, digital exclusives and 'Arkham Unhinged', discuss the Arkhamverse EU here.

Are the Arkham Unhinged Comics canon?!?

Postby Suhail Aboulhoda » Aug 12th, 2015, 3:51 pm

Based on the overload of continuity errors in this series is it still canon?!? :?: :riddler: :?:
Suhail Aboulhoda
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Are the Arkham Unhinged Comics canon?!?

Postby Remote Claw » Aug 12th, 2015, 6:53 pm

I don't think so.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby KeysToArkham » Aug 12th, 2015, 10:54 pm

Yeah, Probably not. I think some of them could fit in with the timeline but most of them have to many inconsistencies to be considered canon.
Pyg is here to fix us all.

Batman:Arkham Knight is here!
KeysToArkham

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year One

Postby Jalaguy » Aug 17th, 2015, 4:46 pm

What continuity errors? There's the odd thing like its Black Mask origin story that has been superseded, but for the most part they play fairly nicely within the game continuity. Hell, a reasonable number of them, especially the back story-ish ones, are direct adaptations of the in-game Arkham City Stories, so those are basically canon by default.

They do squeeze quite a large amount of stuff in between the events of the game - the "Arkham City Sirens" and "Vicki in Wonderland" stories must take place whilst Protocol Ten is in effect, for instance - but there was already a ridiculous amount of stuff going on during the game's supposed ~10 hour timeframe anyway. If the player can say "screw finding the Joker, I'm gonna go spend an hour finding Riddler trophies", then I don't think it's unreasonable for the comic to pull the same 'video game logic' thing and cram a bunch more stuff in.
Jalaguy

Return to Arkhamverse Comics