Anyone not liking the new Writing of Arkham Unhinged

From 'Road to Arkham', through the Arkham City mini-series, digital exclusives and 'Arkham Unhinged', discuss the Arkhamverse EU here.

Anyone not liking the new Writing of Arkham Unhinged

Postby The Scarred Side » Oct 9th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Hey guys.

I just read this weeks Chapter of Arkham Unhinged. I've got to say i dont like the new story. Batman is Hardly in it and it has really nothing to do with Arkham City anymore. I miss the old style of Arkham Unhinged with the villians that were in the game. Batman was hardly in this last issue and I dont feel like this is a superhero comic series. I know most of you guys will disagree with me, but Im just let down by this.

Sorry

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Re: Anyone not liking the new Writing of Arkham Unhinged

Postby pryko » Oct 10th, 2012, 7:48 am

I wouldn't say I'm not liking it (not yet anyway), but it's definitely different from the previous work on the comic, and not necessarily in a good way.

When Derek Fridolfs was on this comic, I was excited to pick it up each week, and it was probably my favourite comic that I was picking up on a regular basis, but at the minute, or at least for the past 3 weeks, I've not been overly bothered with it. I've picked all 3 issues up, but actually only got round to reading last week issue yesterday as it just doesn't excite me the same way as it did
Credit to Maultest for my signature
pryko

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby gary2692 » Apr 9th, 2013, 3:27 pm

pryko wrote:I wouldn't say I'm not liking it (not yet anyway), but it's definitely different from the previous work on the comic, and not necessarily in a good way.

When Derek Fridolfs was on this comic, I was excited to pick it up each week, and it was probably my favourite comic that I was picking up on a regular basis, but at the minute, or at least for the past 3 weeks, I've not been overly bothered with it. I've picked all 3 issues up, but actually only got round to reading last week issue yesterday as it just doesn't excite me the same way as it did

Agreed, this new writer includes the GCPD too often. Where the hell is Batman, Alfred, Joker, Two Face, Catwoman, Penguin. Hugo Strange is in them often too... :hugo2:

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby boaly2008 » Apr 21st, 2013, 5:42 am

I agree to some extent, I understand the reasoning and like the premis of expanding on other areas of the Arkhamverse i.e. GCPD but i think the execution it terrible and doesnt really match the tone and story of the series.
This doesn't change anything. This doesn't change anything at all.
boaly2008

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Blackhood10 » Jan 2nd, 2014, 4:39 pm

I completely disagree. Although this series is about "Arkham" aka insane villains, I think she is doing pretty good
I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not quite a fan of Unhinged comics, they are not that good. I only read then all just because the Arkham games are my religion. I love how she is pushing the series fowards to something more philosophical of Batman's career.
It's showing on how Batman has been so busy with insane villains that he can't anymore think rationally to stop ordinary thugs of the streets, and that is corrupting Gotham, leading to consequences of villains origins like
Spoiler: show
The Bookbinder
. It's also pretty cool to show how the GCPD are not rookies and that they can solve crimes like Batman, and even better when it comes to street thugs. Gotham is getting more dangerous now, resulting even crazy ideas like
Paying the criminals to leave the town
. Which is something I admired in the Unhinged comics, on how people agree with everything to protect themselves from crime (that's how Arkham City was build with everyone's blessing :hugo2: ). Still, she is taking too long and there's no progress in the story, and in the end of the issue, you know what happens? -.-
It doesn't end. The ending doesn't end the issue.
She has the lemons but she is not making lemonade juice
Blackhood10
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Prometheus
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Return to Arkhamverse Comics