Batman - Arkham Origins (DC2 Digital Comic)... ??

From 'Road to Arkham', through the Arkham City mini-series, digital exclusives and 'Arkham Unhinged', discuss the Arkhamverse EU here.

Batman - Arkham Origins (DC2 Digital Comic)... ??

Postby DIrishB » Nov 22nd, 2013, 7:50 am

So back in June it was announced that a tie in interactive digital comic for Arkham Origins was going to be released.

I've heard nothing new on it since, and was wondering if it had been delayed or cancelled? Anyone heard anything new about it?
DIrishB

Re: Batman - Arkham Origins (DC2 Digital Comic)... ??

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 22nd, 2013, 8:26 am

We've asked DC Comics and WB Games. We've heard nothing back from them about it. WB answered our other questions, so we're not just being ignored. However, it seems that particular question is not one that we're likely to get an answer to soon.

I'll keep asking about it, but I presume that it's dead in the water.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Sevket » Dec 11th, 2013, 8:45 am

I hope it comes out somehow
Sevket

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby DIrishB » Dec 13th, 2013, 1:43 am

Red_Robin wrote:We've asked DC Comics and WB Games. We've heard nothing back from them about it. WB answered our other questions, so we're not just being ignored. However, it seems that particular question is not one that we're likely to get an answer to soon.

I'll keep asking about it, but I presume that it's dead in the water.

Ah that's too bad. Was interested in the "choose your own adventure" approach, plus enjoy anything which expands the Arkham canon.

Sevket wrote:I hope it comes out somehow

Agreed. Even if it drops the "choose your adventure" approach and is released as a straightforward comic. Though one would think they've sort of missed the ideal launch window now that the game's been out for a month and a half.
DIrishB

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 3rd, 2014, 6:24 pm

I just finished this it is great :)
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Postby EliParker » Apr 4th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Arkham_Knight23 wrote:I just finished this it is great :)

I enjoyed the comic also. I was hoping that they would intertwined the two lesser known villains into the main story. Also how do you think it fits canon-wise?
EliParker

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 6th, 2014, 12:11 am

EliParker wrote:

I enjoyed the comic also. I was hoping that they would intertwined the two lesser known villains into the main story. Also how do you think it fits canon-wise?

I don't know....which storyline did you play first?

I started with choosing Brandon....now I'm in the middle of the Loeb storyline
Arkham_Knight23

Postby EliParker » Apr 6th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Arkham_Knight23 wrote:
EliParker wrote:

I was mixing around as I brought the series pass when it first came out. My issues: I think that MadeFire made this a linear story before they were forced to make it a choose your own adventure. As if you go down the Loeb route Batman talks about Penguin's weapon even though he didn't find Penguin.

So the way I made it work in my version of the canon is: Go the Branden route till Batman gets back to the Bat Cave then stop (before the convo with him and Alfred), then Go the Loeb route till Batman gets back to the Bat Cave then stop (before the convo with him and Alfred), and then finally the Flass route to the end.

Going that path seems how the series was meant to be read (and that is what I find canon to the overall Arkhamverse, also I only see this comic and Road to Arkham as the canon comic books to the Arkhamverse). If you get a chance to read it that well can you let me know what you think of it.
EliParker

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 6th, 2014, 9:20 pm

EliParker wrote:
Arkham_Knight23 wrote:
EliParker wrote:

I was mixing around as I brought the series pass when it first came out. My issues: I think that MadeFire made this a linear story before they were forced to make it a choose your own adventure. As if you go down the Loeb route Batman talks about Penguin's weapon even though he didn't find Penguin.

So the way I made it work in my version of the canon is: Go the Branden route till Batman gets back to the Bat Cave then stop (before the convo with him and Alfred), then Go the Loeb route till Batman gets back to the Bat Cave then stop (before the convo with him and Alfred), and then finally the Flass route to the end.

Going that path seems how the series was meant to be read (and that is what I find canon to the overall Arkhamverse, also I only see this comic and Road to Arkham as the canon comic books to the Arkhamverse). If you get a chance to read it that well can you let me know what you think of it.

There's obviously one thing from the Branden route that isn't canon.....
Spoiler: show
penguin unmasking batman
Arkham_Knight23

Postby EliParker » Apr 7th, 2014, 1:35 am

Arkham_Knight23 wrote:There's obviously one thing from the Branden route that isn't canon.....
penguin unmasking batman

Isn't that one of the 'Dead Ends' - What I was talking about was Batman finding a weapons cache.
EliParker

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 7th, 2014, 2:33 am

EliParker wrote:
Arkham_Knight23 wrote:There's obviously one thing from the Branden route that isn't canon.....
penguin unmasking batman

Isn't that one of the 'Dead Ends' - What I was talking about was Batman finding a weapons cache.

Nope....it lead to the next chapter
Arkham_Knight23

Postby EliParker » Apr 11th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Arkham_Knight23 wrote:
EliParker wrote:
penguin unmasking batman

So what happens after, as I thought that was a dead end. Also what do you think about Having the Dents and the new villains.

Do you know which villain
is able to hack the batcomputer and call Bruce on his private line that Alfred and him only know. I don't think it is the Riddle
EliParker

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 11th, 2014, 11:01 pm

EliParker wrote:
Arkham_Knight23 wrote:
EliParker wrote:
penguin unmasking batman

So what happens after, as I thought that was a dead end. Also what do you think about Having the Dents and the new villains.

Do you know which villain
is able to hack the batcomputer and call Bruce on his private line that Alfred and him only know. I don't think it is the Riddle

I don't remember what happened next....
Arkham_Knight23

Postby DIrishB » Apr 12th, 2014, 5:04 am

Apparently this is now no longer exclusive only to iPads, but is now also available for iPhones (and presumably iPods). It may also be available for Android devices if Madefire has an app for Androids, though I'm not sure about that.

Just a heads up for those without an iPad like me. Been waiting for awhile for this to become available for iPhones. I'm downloading all 8 chapters now.
DIrishB

Return to Arkhamverse Comics