Batman: Arkham Unhinged is an ONGOING series!

From 'Road to Arkham', through the Arkham City mini-series, digital exclusives and 'Arkham Unhinged', discuss the Arkhamverse EU here.

Re: Batman: Arkham Unhinged is an ONGOING series!

Postby dfridolfs » Aug 30th, 2012, 7:40 pm

I wanted to bring some attention to this. The collected print edition of the entire Arkham City: End Game story is now available for pre-order. You can get some more thoughts on it from me, including the first look at the entire new wraparound cover, over on my blog:

http://dfridolfs.blogspot.com
dfridolfs

Favourite Villain: Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mad Love

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 4th, 2012, 3:47 pm

I'm very eager to see where the current arc takes us! Obviously will tie-in to the Nightwing pack maps, but how will Alfred and Robin fit? Can't wait for next week!
I love how you try to get Robin and Nightwing in as much as possible.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby dfridolfs » Sep 13th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Quick update...

For those people buying the stories in print, both Arkham Unhinged #6 and the Arkham City TPB (the softcover release of Dini's mini-series & digital exclusive stories) came out yesterday.

I've provided some commentary and behind-the-scenes art for Unhinged #6 over on my blog. A chance to see some samples the artist did that got him the job to draw the issue, as well as how the story came about. Stop on by, check it out, and comment - http://dfridolfs.blogspot.com

Thanks!
dfridolfs

Favourite Villain: Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mad Love

Postby RAID3N » Sep 13th, 2012, 1:14 pm

Loving the new story arc, can't wait for more! Tim had lot of "ba dum tss" moments, lol.
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby pryko » Sep 19th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Saw earlier on Dereks blog that the latest issue was the last. I'm personally devastated. I've really enjoyed the series and was hoping it would carry on for some time longer.

I definitely believed there were more stories to come out of the game
Credit to Maultest for my signature
pryko

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby CROD » Sep 19th, 2012, 8:50 pm

This does suck. I've really enjoyed Unhinged and Derek's work. Can't wait to see the other digital project he's working on.

From Derek's blog:

Today marks the ending to the digital release of the "Uninvited Guests" storyline in Arkham Unhinged. But it also marks the end to Arkham Unhinged.

The digital releases are wrapped. The print issues will continue to come out once a month (well into the middle of next year), with issue #15 being the last. "End Game" gets collected into its own print release shortly. And I assume that all the Arkham Unhinged stories will eventually get collected into hardcovers and trade paperbacks in the many months to come.

But Arkham Unhinged as an ongoing series has ended its run.

I have mixed feelings on it of course. Extremely grateful for the opportunity to play in the Arkham sandbox for a little over a year. Having spent the majority of my career on the art side of things, I was always looking forward to stretching my muscles more into the writing side. So when the opportunity fell into my lap to help script some stories with Dini, which led into writing Unhinged regularly, I could've never seen coming. Just the fan in me enjoyed seeing and playing the game before it came out, and working with the staff at DC and Rocksteady to help craft the stories. Getting to work with so many great artists to bring to life all sorts of my crazy story ideas. And hearing from the fans of the games and the comics, and their thoughts…good and bad…knowing that the hardcore fans were hungry for more stories in the Arkhamverse. A solid run of work I'm both happy and proud to have been asked to be a part of.

The other side of me sees the missed opportunities. While it was great to tell some backstories and side trips visiting characters during and before Arkham City…I was as anxious as the fans to see what happened after the end of the game. And literally with "End Game" I felt was just the tip of where things could continue.

What DC and Rocksteady plan to do next, we'll all just have to wait to see. But thanks for coming along on the ride and letting me know your thoughts. And continue to do so. I'll still be covering all the comic print releases of Arkham Unhinged to give some behind-the-scenes thoughts on each issue.

Until then, it's back to the future (or is that "Bat") as I resume writing more Justice League Beyond stories for Batman Beyond Unlimited. As well as another digital project coming out at the end of next month.

It's been fun!

http://dfridolfs.blogspot.com/
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby shadow » Sep 20th, 2012, 6:28 am

Oh well. It's a shame but it had to end sometime I guess. I look forward to collecting the print editions, and for Rocksteady to expand/continue this universe with a third game.
shadow

Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Postby The Scarred Side » Sep 20th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Arkham Unhinged is over?.....

I cant describe what im feeling right now. So im gonna give it to the gifs they will tell what im feeling.

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby Elliott » Sep 26th, 2012, 2:29 am

Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CROD » Sep 26th, 2012, 3:46 am

Elliott wrote:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/25/batman-arkham-unhinged-gets-a-new-writer

Well that came out of nowhere.

Should be interesting to see her take on the Arkhamverse.
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Thomas Armbruster » Oct 10th, 2012, 8:19 pm

CROD wrote:
Elliott wrote:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/25/batman-arkham-unhinged-gets-a-new-writer

Well that came out of nowhere.

Should be interesting to see her take on the Arkhamverse.

Quite so. Ever since my initial inquiries into this project, I have always raised the question of when it was scheduled to end - admittedly it did exceed my initial expectations by progressing beyond a mini-series, but after Mr. Fridolfs announced he would no longer be carrying the torch I suspected that that was that.

Apparently, DC planned otherwise. I am certainly pleased with everything they have vested in Arkham Unhinged thus far, and simply delighted to learn that they have opted to extend it.
"Close Attention to little things is one secret of success."
Thomas Armbruster

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth

Postby pryko » Oct 25th, 2012, 12:48 pm

This thread doesn't get as much love since the new writer took over. Is everyone still picking it up, or have people stopped now?

I personally have carried on with the series, but not really enjoyed this first arc under the new writer if I'm honest
Credit to Maultest for my signature
pryko

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 25th, 2012, 2:10 pm

I've still been reading, but I decline comment for the moment. I want to see what other people think.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Killa_Moff » Oct 27th, 2012, 7:43 am

Do any villains who DO NOT appear in AC appear in Unhinged?
And is this series still going? What issue are they up to atm?
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 27th, 2012, 8:16 am

#48 came out this week. I'm pretty sure that every villain in AC has been in AU. We haven't seen Scarecrow yet, but that's probably because Rocksteady vetoed it.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Arkhamverse Comics