Injustice: Gods Among Us

The place to discuss all your favourite non-Arkhamverse Batman games! Injustice! LEGO Batman! Dark Tomorrow?

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby MaxSchreck » May 15th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Dick wrote:The gameplay is really fun but the story is so poo compared to the first. WW is still a huge bitch tho lmao

Question: are the comics still considered canon or?

As for the endings
Spoiler: show
In the Batman ending, what the hell happened to Braniac lmao. At least with the Superman ending Supeydupey said he killed Braniac and took over the ship.

I have no idea. They really did a poor job resolving the story.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Mani-Man » May 16th, 2017, 9:51 am

*Looks for Injustice 2 Walkthroughs* *sees a thumbnail of an injustice 2 story video that has Superman/Wonder Woman in it* *Goes and washes his eyes with acid* What has the world done to constantly get punished with this :oldyella:

How do people feel about the overall story of the game? Is it more of a grey area storytelling or is it quite clear that batman is the good and superman the bad?
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » May 16th, 2017, 11:09 am

How do people feel about the overall story of the game? Is it more of a grey area storytelling or is it quite clear that batman is the good and superman the bad?

It´s very black and white. But the blame for Superman becoming evil is placed on
Wonder Woman of all people.

MaxSchreck

Postby Mani-Man » May 16th, 2017, 12:22 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:

It´s very black and white. But the blame for Superman becoming evil is placed on

Damn, im a sucker for storys that are more grey aread when it comes to good or evil.
Really? Wow, that sucks.

Well, at least the gameplay itself seems to hold up enough...probably will still buy it down the line.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » May 16th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:

Damn, im a sucker for storys that are more grey aread when it comes to good or evil.
Really? Wow, that sucks.

Well, at least the gameplay itself seems to hold up enough...probably will still buy it down the line.

Yeah, some grey would have really improved this story.

Yeah, they keep comparing her with Lady McBeth, but honestly, that´s kinda unfair to Lady McBeth. She is more like the Witches in the Bard´s play. Preying on Clark´s insecurities as Scarecrow himself explains.

MaxSchreck

Postby Remote Claw » May 17th, 2017, 6:23 am

Green Arrow
I'm assuming it's answered in the comics? So the elseworld Oliver left his Earth to live in the Injustice-verse? He left Dinah for another Dinah?

First Sub-Zero and now Hal Jordan. I like Steve Blum, but these are roles I don't think suit him.

(Lack of) Endings
Unless every character is dead or in jail, Netherrealm Studios doesn't exactly wrap up their stories. Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 just end and leave several characters unaccounted for.

Joker
One Scarecrow hallucination. He did not need to be in this game.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Dick » May 17th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Remote Claw wrote:Green Arrow
I'm assuming it's answered in the comics? So the elseworld Oliver left his Earth to live in the Injustice-verse? He left Dinah for another Dinah?

This might not be 100% accurate but from what I remember, during the comics after Oliver died and she helped to fight The Regime, she gave birth to their son. Then for some reason Doctor Fate intervened and took Dinah to an alternate reality where that Oliver lived but that Dinah died. Now she lives there with that Oliver and her son she had with Injustice Oliver (but also his son too considering they're technically the same guy???) and they're both happy af.

Now in the Injustice 2 prequel comic, Fate went back to that reality and told Dinah that Superman was imprisoned and offered her the chance to help rebuild the Injustice world with they Insurgency, and then they arrived and the events of the second game takes place.

I wonder how they're going to get back to that dimension to their son considering Superman killed Kent and crushed the Helm of Fate. Poor kid's probably just sat there thinking where tf are they
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby JordanT4021 » May 17th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Just FYI on the whole Green Arrow/Black Canary thing:
Superman killed the injusticeverse's Green Arrow while Dinah was pregnant. She tried to fight him and he shot his lasers at her stomach which almost killed her and her unborn baby until Doctor Fate intervened to take her to another world where she could raise her child with the other Green Arrow.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Remote Claw » May 18th, 2017, 6:36 am

Ah, I see.

A lot of my confusion came from assuming the Green Arrow from Injustice 2 was the same guy from the first game.

(Multiverse, duh. More than two Earths.)
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby JordanT4021 » May 20th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Lol Cheetah almost killing Supergirl in story mode is the thing I live for.
JordanT4021

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 29th, 2017, 2:21 am

Just finished the story (finally...). Yeah, not as good/well structured as the first one. Everything after defeating Brainiac was so unnecessary, that in the end, a lot of stuff were left open without a proper conclusion. I feel like we are getting a sequel, so I see why things ended like that, but still I'm hoping for some kind of redemption for Superman and his pals.
Regardless of the story, the game is about just as fun as the first one. I still haven't customized the characters, but until then I'll keep playing to get some cool shit. And just as I expected, Supergirl is my favorite character in it lol.
Oh and Atrocitus and Joker were the most useless characters in the story ((dis)honorable mention: Swamp Thing).

Seems like a cool character to play as. Unfortunately, no one will ever replace Deathstroke, for me. :(
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Mani-Man » May 29th, 2017, 9:08 am

Red Hood looks cool to play, but im really waiting for Starfire gameplay.

I watched the whole story walkthrough now and the story really isnt all that good.
You can feel that the writers arent too experienced when it comes to the DC characters.

I would go even so far as to say that they downright dislike certain characters, wonder woman for example.
But i think just as with MK, its all about the game itself...story is just a minor part to give an justification for the premise.
Mani-Man

Postby JordanT4021 » May 29th, 2017, 2:44 pm

^ I agree. Red Hood is great but Starfire is who I'm really wanting to see.

I liked the story, I thought it was pretty good for the most part. But they definitely have some explaining to do in terms of characters like WW and Cyborg. They're evil for the sake of being evil. Plus Reverse Flash showing up is a little odd and unexplained.

I have to say though, Poison Ivy's total disdain for Harley and Selina is something I 100% support. She was such a bitch and I love it. Ivy is also my favourite character to play as.
JordanT4021

Postby Shadow of the Bat » May 31st, 2017, 11:29 am

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game, the gear system, multiverse, Supergirl, Doctor Fate and Green Arrow are the main reason.

The story was good enough for a fighting game but it fell short after reading the comics.

And i can't wait for Red Hood!

Also, in an off-topic note, if anyone has a Darkseid PS4 code to spare it would make my day *puppy eyes* #TFWnopreorder
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 7th, 2017, 3:58 am

Shadow of the Bat wrote:Also, in an off-topic note, if anyone has a Darkseid PS4 code to spare it would make my day *puppy eyes* #TFWnopreorder

Same here. I mean, I bought the digital copy of the ultimate edition on the PS Store after it was available for purchase, was my game supposed to have Darkseid included?

-- Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:56 am --

Atom! Nice! :)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Arkhamverse Games