Injustice: Gods Among Us

The place to discuss all your favourite non-Arkhamverse Batman games! Injustice! LEGO Batman! Dark Tomorrow?

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby Elliott » May 31st, 2012, 6:20 pm

Warner Bro.'s have just announced a new fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us, that will star Batman and a host of DC characters!

Update 13/02/13:
Aquaman reveal trailer -

Update 30/01/13:
New story trailer -

Update 24/01/13:
New trailer featuring Lex Luthor -

-------------------

OP:

Warner Bros. revealed NetherRealm Studios latest fighting game this morning, Injustice: Gods Among Us. The new fighter will focus on the DC Comics universe including Batman, Superman and their respective nemeses. How's this for a tagline: "What if our greatest heroes become our greatest threat?" Injustice is scheduled for a 2013 release for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and also the Wii U

Check out this breakdown of the reveal trailer

NetherRealm is once again attempting to raise the bar in regards to storytelling in fighting games with Injustice. Ed Boon, creative director at NetherRealm, promises the following:

We can’t wait to reveal Injustice: Gods Among Us because it will give our fans and gamers an epic experience as they battle like gods as their favorite DC Comics villains and heroes. Our team is excited to make a fighting game that is filled with fast-paced action, incredible story-telling and iconic DC Comics characters.

The current roster for Injustice includes Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash and Wonder Woman -- all of which you can see fighting in the trailer. It wouldn't be difficult to assume some other specific DC characters will almost certainly make an appearance, like the Joker and Green Lantern.

Perhaps we're in for a surprise however. If you watch the trailer you'll see new powerful moves that can literally punch an opponent into the stratosphere. Perhaps that implies a certain strength of arm or power level to make the roster, but then again Harley Quinn is here so who knows.

NeoSeeker

We'll be sure to have more news as it breaks, and with Injustice: Gods Among Us being shown at e3 next week, we won't have to wait long! Stay tuned folks
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby cutchin43 » May 31st, 2012, 6:22 pm

Well, there goes Arkham 3 out the window. Hopefully they can make it better than MK vs. DC. It actually looks pretty good already, if that was actual gameplay at the beginning.
cutchin43

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby LEVITIKUZ » May 31st, 2012, 6:24 pm

You beat me by -6 minutes. I dont think Arkham 3 is coming out but then again WB wants to milk the cow they call Batman so maybe. We'll see
LEVITIKUZ

Favourite Villain: JOKER
Favourite Graphic Novel: ARKHAM ASYLUM

Postby Paradox » May 31st, 2012, 6:27 pm

cutchin43 wrote:Well, there goes Arkham 3 out the window.

WB are announcing TWO AAA titles. Still a, maybe 20%, chance we'll get A3. And I saw this earlier and tried to post here in News but it didn't work. The trailer looks awesome but these Versus games get so boring so quickly for me when there's no real skill involved - you can win by mashing the button. MK vs DC was just like that in the final boss fight with Darkseid - he was so powerful, I had to button mash to keep him from attacking me. The graphics look alright and I noticed they're using some new 52 designs, especially Harley who is a surprising addition. Don't have a clue what Solomon Grundy is doing there tbh.

And here's a picture.

あなたをファック
Paradox

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby LEVITIKUZ » May 31st, 2012, 6:31 pm

Not sure how I feel about the game. I'm trying to understand the direction they are going for. It seems like MK/DC but the thing that gets me is it seems the heroes become villians. That would never happen with Batman because if the heroes went rogue he has a plan to stop them. Maybe this is more like the Justice Lords where the villians are good guys you know?
LEVITIKUZ

Favourite Villain: JOKER
Favourite Graphic Novel: ARKHAM ASYLUM

Postby Anonymous Person » May 31st, 2012, 6:37 pm

cutchin43 wrote:Well, there goes Arkham 3 out the window.

How? I far as I'm aware E3 hasn't started yet, so WB are still yet to announce two new games.

This looks very exciting. I'm not normally a fan of fighting games but this might change that. I'll need to see more gameplay and story though to make up my mind.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes.
Anonymous Person

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Dick » May 31st, 2012, 6:41 pm

It looks pretty damn awesome to me. They suit their new looks and the fighting looks pretty good, I love a good fighting game!
I hope they release some gameplay footage at E3 or more characters. It's hard to tell if that is Kryptonite or a Green Lantern ring Batman's holding. It'd be cool to fight as a Green Lantern.

LEVITIKUZ wrote:Not sure how I feel about the game. I'm trying to understand the direction they are going for. It seems like MK/DC but the thing that gets me is it seems the heroes become villians. That would never happen with Batman because if the heroes went rogue he has a plan to stop them. Maybe this is more like the Justice Lords where the villians are good guys you know?

Read the tagline: "What if our greatest heroes become our greatest threat?"
Last edited by Dick on May 31st, 2012, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby mr abramovici 3 » May 31st, 2012, 6:42 pm

The cgi looks impressive, but I'm not a fan of beat em ups
mr abramovici 3

Favourite Villain: hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: killing joke

Postby Hewit » May 31st, 2012, 6:45 pm

mr abramovici 3 wrote:The cgi looks impressive, but I'm not a fan of beat em ups

My speech !!!
Theres still a chance that A3 could come,just wait !
Hewit

Favourite Villain: Firefly

Postby ChaosThe15th » May 31st, 2012, 7:04 pm

Arkham 3 isn't gone we still have a chance but back on topic this game looks
Appso fuckin lutely super fun
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Shmuck » May 31st, 2012, 7:09 pm

I'd like to take a moment to remind you all of Conroy's quote; "No title, just a number". If my reading skills are accurate, then I would like to point out the title "Injustice: Gods Among Us" has no such number.

There is still hope, however slim of a hope this is, it's hope nevertheless.
Shmuck

Postby BoyWonder1234 » May 31st, 2012, 7:26 pm

i'm sold. Glad they're not fighting another group and its just DC.
Heres for Robin, but he probably wont pop up. But with 28+ character slots (Netherealm said at least as many as MK9)
a boy(wonder) can dream.
BoyWonder1234

Favourite Villain: Anti-Suave Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman : Suave

Postby Andy » May 31st, 2012, 7:31 pm

Shmuck wrote:I'd like to take a moment to remind you all of Conroy's quote; "No title, just a number". If my reading skills are accurate, then I would like to point out the title "Injustice: Gods Among Us" has no such number.

There is still hope, however slim of a hope this is, it's hope nevertheless.

Could still be this.Before they settled on a name and the game was being worked on,they could have just used a production number when referring to the game.

Its not likely though :oldyella:
And Im still hoping for Arkham 3! :D
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby cloakandcowl » May 31st, 2012, 7:34 pm

Wow! I said only in that thread Conroy thread a while it'd be interesting if NR retried their hand at MK vs DC now they've gotten the hang of beat 'em ups again with MK9. (That said though Conroy could still be working on anything)

This is pretty awesome news though and Harley gets to be playable for a change. :D
cloakandcowl

Postby Chob » May 31st, 2012, 7:37 pm

Interesting. The Batman design is a bit odd but I'm trying not to judge it before seeing more of the game. I'm glad to see Wonder Woman in the gaming spotlight though.
Chob

Next

Return to Non-Arkhamverse Games