Batman Games Post Arkham Knight

The place to discuss all your favourite non-Arkhamverse Batman games! Injustice! LEGO Batman! Dark Tomorrow?

Batman Games Post Arkham Knight

Postby Arkham Knight » Jun 2nd, 2015, 9:40 pm

That's actually really hard to do ! I mean .. creating a new combat system that involves the gadgets ? already done perfectly ! Open World Gotham with the batmobile ? They need to make an excuse for batman to walk in the street and not to hit the civilians/Their Cars while driving the batmobile
They need to make stealth sections that feel both original and Batman-ish
Gliding ? Perfect :bane2: :hugo2:
What can they do ?
Post Your Ideas ;)
"I've waited long enough! Batman dies...tonight!"
Arkham Knight

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Year One

Re: Batman Games Post Arkham Knight

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jun 3rd, 2015, 4:33 am

I don't really think their is anything they can do. Rocksteady has done such a brilliant job with the Batman games that if someone comes along and attempts to make a new Batman game, they'll be compared to Rocksteady instantly and their new ideas probably won't hold up all that well.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby gary2692 » Jun 3rd, 2015, 3:53 pm

I don't think Batman's going to get many games after Arkham knight. Excluding the Lego games.

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby M. Malone » Dec 8th, 2015, 12:32 am

There's a lot they could do. Rocksteady's version isn't the end-all, be-all.

They could make Batman more elemental and comic-book like, to start with. Meaning, they can implement a shadow stealth system. They can make him move more like a ninja and less like a tank. Think Nina Gaiden with parkour style movement. They can fix the cape and make it drape over his entire body finally. They can focus more on predator scenarios and less on 100vs1 combat. They can focus more on detective gameplay and less on tanks. They can introduce an RPG-like leveling system to allow greater control over gameplay styles and appearances.

Not all of those suggestions will be to everyone's liking of course, but I'm just spit-balling ideas on how they could change things up.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Red leader » Dec 19th, 2015, 9:33 am

I feel like at this point they can change up the game play or they could do the same basic gameplay and open world but with a very different environment. Maybe Gaslight since thats what asylum began as or maybe a game set in the golden age where your gadgets are specific to that batman's. So tear gas and smoke pellets are in glass balls that break when thrown and the batarang is massive an functions more like a boomerang.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Return to Non-Arkhamverse Games