Batman - A Telltale Game

The place to discuss all your favourite non-Arkhamverse Batman games! Injustice! LEGO Batman! Dark Tomorrow?

Re: Batman - A Telltale Game

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 3rd, 2016, 11:14 pm

Batman9555 wrote:So for all you people who have played all episodes I have a couple of questions.
Spoiler: show
I've only played a trial version of first episode. And I can see that Telltale did a very good job with Batman universe. However I'm concerned about one thing. We all know that Batman dosen't kill. But in opening scene while gang is robbing City Hall they wonder if "him" will show up and they say that they heard stories about how he sent three people home in ambulance and rest in body bags. So my question is does Batman kill in this game? Do they talk about Batman at all or these are just false rumors? Do you even have option to kill and do characters ever talk about Batman killing people (if he does)?

Batman doesn't kill, but he is about as brutal as the Frank Miller version, regardless of your choices

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Batman9555 » Nov 3rd, 2016, 11:26 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:
Batman doesn't kill, but he is about as brutal as the Frank Miller version, regardless of your choices

Thank you for your anwser. Yeah Batman should be brutal but Batman never kills. So as I thought this sending people in body bags thing is just a false rumor.
Batman9555

Favourite Villain: Joker, Mr. Freeze

Postby ??? » Nov 6th, 2016, 7:41 pm

Did anyone else
save Harvey instead of Selina? Because now I still got a one-faced Harvey who's slowly acting more and more like Two-Face. I don't know how much differently the story plays out if you save Selina and allow Harvey's face to get burned.
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

MaxSchreck

Postby JordanT4021 » Nov 18th, 2016, 6:05 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:

Finally more villains than Two-Face, Penguin and the Children of Arkham. Its taken them forever.

-- Nov 23rd, 2016, 5:58 pm --
Half way through the 4th chapter and wow this has taken a huge nose dive in quality. The lip syncing is way off to the point that its laughable, the gotham feed isn't displaying when pressed on, character models keep freezing and logic seems to have gone right out the window.

Bruce was drugged and the signs are beyond obvious. His veins are so enlarged and he becomes severely agitated. The fact that no one can see the bulging veins around his mouth and neck is completely unbelievable. Not to mention, he wouldn't be thrown in Arkham for having a fight with someone. I think the whole Arkham thing was just an excuse to show the Joker. As for Harvey, he might be the mayor but that doesn't mean he'd simply be allowed to arrest whoever he pleases. Catwoman's sudden disinterest just goes against the character they were building up till now.

I can't believe how flawed this episode is. Extremely disappointed so far.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Nov 23rd, 2016, 11:08 pm

Loved the new episode! Best one yet.
I think I'm going to regret this but Bruce Wayne now owes the Joker a favor....

??? wrote:Did anyone else
save Harvey instead of Selina? Because now I still got a one-faced Harvey who's slowly acting more and more like Two-Face. I don't know how much differently the story plays out if you save Selina and allow Harvey's face to get burned.

I started my second game the other day. I made the other choice. I'll let you know if it speeds things up.
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Postby pukipuki » Nov 25th, 2016, 10:53 am

The way the game is going, if I get a choice, I'm going to kill all the villains because they are really annoying.

Everyone hates Bruce for what his parents did. Which is unbelievably stupid. I cant imagine how it makes sense? Why does he have to pay for his parents crimes? It just doesn't make sense. I'll enjoy my bad playthrough where I don't support Harvey for any matter and cut him off my finances. The idiot is crazy.

But seriously, Bruce has to pay for his parents' crime is the worst motivation they could have come up with for Lady Arkham.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 26th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Not a big fan of the newest episode. The fight scenes looked rather awkwardly animated at times, the Arkham sequence was dissapointing, there weren´t any big decisions from what I remember and yeah, there are huge plotholes.

MaxSchreck

Postby JordanT4021 » Nov 26th, 2016, 4:17 pm

^^^ Totally agree. I think this is the worst episode yet.

I'm feeling like the choices made make no difference because you'll always end up in the same situations, no matter what you've chosen. The only thing that changed is order of events.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 26th, 2016, 10:17 pm

To be fair you get to choose whether
you take down Harv or Oz at the end of the episode. But even that might not have a huge affect on the next episode. We´ll see. They might wrap up the plot of the character you haven´t taken down yet with a quick scene or two. While I like the way they portrayed Jokers personality (I actually kinda believe this guy could have fooled Harley for once)...

... this really was the worst episode, yet.

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:09 am

Pretty damn good ending or the most part. My biggest issue still stands. The Arkham stuff says nothing about institutionalized psychopaths or insanity. It feels like Vicki is just an arkham cause we needed her to be hurt by Bruce's dad and cause we know Arkham. Honestly I would have stayed away from Arkham if I was them especially after Rocksteady did so much with that part of the mythos and all the Spirit of Arkham stuff. This just felt like a step down cause it has nothing to do with what Arkham means in the Batman universe. I do like that you can take the mask off but I hate hate hate that Vicki is either dead or missing. I feel like having repercussions right away or at least in the near future would have been nice also i she is dead it is a waste of a fantastic anti-batman.

To bad my Flying Graysons set up at the end prediction was false. I kinda wish we made more illusions to the large Batman mythos. As of now Gotham feels a bit small. I really hope the next one does more with the mysteriousness and gothicness of Gotham. Here is was just a city which I kinda disliked. I love the idea that Gotham is crazy especially cause it adds to the insanity of Arkham. It is not just a mental institution but also the place where the crazy people throw the people who even they think are to crazy. Joker set up was cool though and I like that I got to do my Bruce is the real face stuff.I hope the next season is not a conspiracy plot and maybe focuses instead on just Joker and maybe the vacuum in the mob. All the major players are dead and as we all know nature abhors a vacuum.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby MaxSchreck » Dec 15th, 2016, 1:19 am

Yeah, this Gotham didn´t feel gothic at all. But that wasn´t so important to me this time around.

As for episode 5 in particular...

I decided to have Bruce treat Harvey like there is still hope for him. In the end I made him choose whether to resist Two Face or not, which resulted in him breaking down. Later Bruce says what Harvey became wasn´t his choice, so did I pick the wrong option and only messed him up further despite all my efforts to redeem him in the end? :lol:

The final Catwoman confrontation was even more frustrating. I thought Selina might respect me a little more if Bruce accepts her for what she wants to be. But it results in the same dialogue as far as I know. Is there a "right way" to handle that scene? In the end Bruce looked really awkward when he asked Selina if he would see her around. Which I guess fits with my portrayl of Bruce Wayne in the party scene at the beginning, though... Alfred also seemed a little weirded out by him from time to time. Like when he suggested that maybe Selina is just playing her idea of a joke on him and Wayne Enterprises. Or when he told Alfred that he dropped the mask for Vicky. Thats not what Alfred wanted to hear.

I liked to be able to use an upgraded batsuit and defeat Zsazs on my own. That was badass. As was Bruce taking off the mask and receiving that scar on his ear xD The only thing that would have made it better would have been if he somehow convinced Gordon that he received this scar defending Gotham. I actually didn´t reply on time during one of his questions. It was something about Bruce being Gothams "Golden Boy" I think.

All and all I feel like I created a version of the Batman mythos very different from comic Bruce. With the New batsuit and all the High Tech gadgets he feels a lot like Christian Bales Batman. Not sure if I am happy about that, but I would like to continue where I left of if there is another season.

Also, whats so bad about studying sociology? Did that poster in the Gcpd promote pro gun laws :?: :I Did we need that Blockbuster cameo? Those moments felt a bit like a Big Lipped Alligator scenes...

MaxSchreck

Postby The man who laughs » Mar 20th, 2017, 12:57 am

Need some advice, this game as a whole is £10 on PS Plus, I've never played a tell tale game and not sure if it might be my thing, also I know what happens at the end and some other bits in the story (not everything, just know ending, two face and joker bits).is it worth me getting this game or not

Also sale ends in two days so....
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Mar 20th, 2017, 2:59 am

The man who laughs wrote:Need some advice, this game as a whole is £10 on PS Plus, I've never played a tell tale game and not sure if it might be my thing, also I know what happens at the end and some other bits in the story (not everything, just know ending, two face and joker bits).is it worth me getting this game or not

Also sale ends in two days so....

I would say it's worth it. It's a fun game.
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Postby johnsyggel » Mar 20th, 2017, 2:10 pm

So,i posted the same thing at the "What are you playing now" section.Did anyone else experience the same glitch where your choices are discarded and whatever you choose doesn't matter at all?
For example,i decided to save Selina and let Harvey get his face burned. But in the next episode Harvey was ok and the episode recap showed that i chose to save him instead.Just as when i confronted Two-Face in the manor.The game discarded my choices and went with the default ones.So i learned i had fought against Penguin(which i hadn't) and i had to confront Harvey again.So frustrating....
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Arkhamverse Games