Batman - A Telltale Game

The place to discuss all your favourite non-Arkhamverse Batman games! Injustice! LEGO Batman! Dark Tomorrow?

Re: Batman - A Telltale Game

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 26th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Not sure, but with Blockbuster in episode 2 there is a good chance we are going to see more.

I also have this theory that the
Spoiler: show
leader of the children of Arkham is Jonathan Crane. The weapon he uses against Bruce is very similar to a version of the fear toxin Scarecrow was using in an old Batman story of the Jason era, which also showed up in the New Batman Adventures. The costume would certainly fit the character... and it would also make kinda sense to have him be the partner of Penguin, since both are bird themed supervillains.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby ChaosThe15th » Sep 27th, 2016, 3:21 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Not sure, but with Blockbuster in episode 2 there is a good chance we are going to see more.

leader of the children of Arkham is Jonathan Crane. The weapon he uses against Bruce is very similar to a version of the fear toxin Scarecrow was using in an old Batman story of the Jason era, which also showed up in the New Batman Adventures. The costume would certainly fit the character... and it would also make kinda sense to have him be the partner of Penguin, since both are bird themed supervillains.

The short clip in the "Next time on..." segment made it look like the leader is women based on how they walked.

First thought for me was Talia.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 27th, 2016, 4:05 pm

ChaosThe15th wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:Not sure, but with Blockbuster in episode 2 there is a good chance we are going to see more.

The short clip in the "Next time on..." segment made it look like the leader is women based on how they walked.

Really? The part where they show the leader is incredibly short...I can´t tell if its a woman or a guy.

Maybe its that assistent in that one story he had? Fright or what was she called? :oldyella:

MaxSchreck

Postby ChaosThe15th » Sep 27th, 2016, 8:01 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:
ChaosThe15th wrote:

Really? The part where they show the leader is incredibly short...I can´t tell if its a woman or a guy.

Maybe its that assistent in that one story he had? Fright or what was she called? :oldyella:

Yeah it was really short but it gave off a feminine vibe to me, I dunno.

Also the voice is heavily altered so It could very well be a womens voice being masked. So my prediction is that it is in fact a female.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red leader » Oct 11th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Crane would be great for me but I think it is to obvious. Might be Talia if it is a woman. I could even see it being Prof Milo.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 17th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Damn I've been watching playthoughs on youtube and i really need to pick this up!
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 18th, 2016, 12:52 am

The wait between episodes is becoming annoying for me. Once every month is too far apart for a game as good as this.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby MaxSchreck » Oct 18th, 2016, 1:08 am

JordanT4021 wrote:The wait between episodes is becoming annoying for me. Once every month is too far apart for a game as good as this.

Yeah, I know that feeling :oldyella:

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Oct 26th, 2016, 12:36 am

So Vicki is Lady Arkham..........humph. It felt like it was there for a twist above all else. I never liked Vicki in the past but this version was actually really likable but nope she has to be a bad guy. Did we need the DKR Talia thing again? Also with her as the villain I feel the game is kinda removing the player's ability to chose. Essentially you can either be with Selina or you get no other option. I dislike Catwoman so I chose not to romance her which means that now my story for Batman is a bit limited at this point. Maybe we will get a love interest for Bruce like I was hoping Vicki would be. Like idk.......Julie Madison or Julie Madison or maybe FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE PLEASE GET A GOOD JULIE MADISON AGAIN? I also kinda disliked that Bruce did not contact Alfie and that he did not try to go back to the cave or a penthouse. It just felt like a forced way to have the Harvey scene. I did not hate this chapter but I did not love it either.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 26th, 2016, 2:43 am

Red leader wrote:
So Vicki is Lady Arkham..........humph. It felt like it was there for a twist above all else. I never liked Vicki in the past but this version was actually really likable but nope she has to be a bad guy. Did we need the DKR Talia thing again? Also with her as the villain I feel the game is kinda removing the player's ability to chose. Essentially you can either be with Selina or you get no other option. I dislike Catwoman so I chose not to romance her which means that now my story for Batman is a bit limited at this point. Maybe we will get a love interest for Bruce like I was hoping Vicki would be. Like idk.......Julie Madison or Julie Madison or maybe FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE PLEASE GET A GOOD JULIE MADISON AGAIN? I also kinda disliked that Bruce did not contact Alfie and that he did not try to go back to the cave or a penthouse. It just felt like a forced way to have the Harvey scene. I did not hate this chapter but I did not love it either.

Is Vicki really the villain? That's disappointing. I haven't played the current chapter yet since its half past two in the morning but this doesn't sound promising. That's two well known characters (Vicki and the Wayne's) that they've completely changed. Yeah sure you can always say they're making their own universe but I don't see the need to make long term allies into villains, especially when you have a huge number of underused and under appreciated villains to work with. If they wanted a female villain they could have used characters like Nocturna, the Phantasm or even Fright. Unfortunately, I think a lot of this is just for shock value. I'm still looking forward to this though. I want to see how it plays out.
JordanT4021

Postby MaxSchreck » Oct 26th, 2016, 9:05 am

JordanT4021 wrote:
Red leader wrote:

Is Vicki really the villain? That's disappointing. I haven't played the current chapter yet since its half past two in the morning but this doesn't sound promising. That's two well known characters (Vicki and the Wayne's) that they've completely changed. Yeah sure you can always say they're making their own universe but I don't see the need to make long term allies into villains, especially when you have a huge number of underused and under appreciated villains to work with. If they wanted a female villain they could have used characters like Nocturna, the Phantasm or even Fright. Unfortunately, I think a lot of this is just for shock value. I'm still looking forward to this though. I want to see how it plays out.

Yeah, this decision to turn Vicki into a supervillian does seem rather silly.

Also I share the dissapointment that you can't choose between her and Selina. I was expecting Miss Kyle to backstab Batman the entire time :lol:
Alltough maybe a game that is about making decisions should allow players to simply be wrong sometimes and allow for exactly that feeling of betrayl I had when Vickie used that needle on Bruce...

MaxSchreck

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 27th, 2016, 6:32 pm

I'm a little miffed that Europe has a separate release date. Went to download episode 3 today from my season pass and spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn't let me. Apparently it comes out tomorrow instead.

-- Oct 27th, 2016, 6:31 pm --

Got around to playing episode 3 today and I really enjoyed it.
I'm not sure how I feel about Vicki as Lady Arkham but I'm still wanting to see more. Also, I'm kind of struggling to see how my choices are affecting the story at all. It seems as though no matter what I'll still end up in the same situation.

I really feel for Harvey though. You can see him trying to fight against his other side but he's totally failing. Apart from Vicki, I think Telltale are great at fleshing out characters.
JordanT4021

Postby MaxSchreck » Oct 27th, 2016, 6:47 pm

It would be strange if they put so much effort into Harvey and then lazily handle Vickie. They probably have something planned that will make her being Lady Arkham seem as acceptable as a slender Penguin who is a former friend of Bruce.

MaxSchreck

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 27th, 2016, 6:59 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:
It would be strange if they put so much effort into Harvey and then lazily handle Vickie. They probably have something planned that will make her being Lady Arkham seem as acceptable as a slender Penguin who is a former friend of Bruce.

Agreed. I guess its pretty early to make judgements since we haven't really seen anything about her being Lady Arkham yet.

On a different note, are we going to see Renee Montoya become the Question since she gave up her badge and swore she'd take down the Children of Arkham?
JordanT4021

Postby Batman9555 » Nov 3rd, 2016, 10:41 pm

So for all you people who have played all episodes I have a couple of questions.
I've only played a trial version of first episode. And I can see that Telltale did a very good job with Batman universe. However I'm concerned about one thing. We all know that Batman dosen't kill. But in opening scene while gang is robbing City Hall they wonder if "him" will show up and they say that they heard stories about how he sent three people home in ambulance and rest in body bags. So my question is does Batman kill in this game? Do they talk about Batman at all or these are just false rumors? Do you even have option to kill and do characters ever talk about Batman killing people (if he does)?
Batman9555

Favourite Villain: Joker, Mr. Freeze

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Arkhamverse Games