Creating New Topics: A Polite Request

Community Reviews of all things Batman!

Creating New Topics: A Polite Request

Postby Red_Robin » Dec 19th, 2010, 12:02 pm

Let me start by saying that I think this forum is the best on the web. Posters engage in discussion with respect and thoughtfulness, and I think we all benefit from the hard work that Luke and the other mods put in.

However, since the site started there have been a few instances of something quite irksome. Multiple threads on the exact same topic. Sometimes it is an honest mistake, I will grant you, but it doesn't take too long to search previous thread titles to see if there is an existing thread. Many times good discussions and ideas have to be repeated, the link to the discussion posted in the new topic or the ideas are just lost. If people read what has already been posted, then the ideas can continue to be built upon, rather than starting from scratch.

My request is simple; please take a few moments to read what has gone before, to see if there is an existing thread discussing your desired topic and leave new topics for new topics.
Hopefully this will lead to more interesting and thoughtful topics being created and give us all enjoyable discussions.

EDIT:
I wrote this when I was a regular member, my feelings on it still stand. Please use the search function before creating a new topic. Thanks. :alfred:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: A polite request

Postby Benji » Dec 19th, 2010, 12:12 pm

Agreed, sometimes it is just an honest mistake but It doesn't take long to find the exact same topic, just with a slightly different name to build on the comments which already exist. Please people, don't clutter the forum

-- Dec 19th, 2010, 10:43 pm --

I've just noticed someones posted the same topic a day later. Seriously, if you want to find out what people want to see in arkham city then read 'Arkham City Wishlist' posted by mr giggles months ago

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby xhunter94s » Dec 29th, 2010, 12:52 am

I agree Red_Robin.
xhunter94s

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Superman: Red Son

Postby Benji » Mar 14th, 2011, 8:17 pm

People please take notice :)

Benji

Postby HarlequinLaugh » Mar 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm

This is why I don't make new threads, because I know whatever I say could be said somewhere else and hold just as much, if not more merit.
That’s so cute; you think you’re scary. But mister I’ve seen scary and you ain’t got his smile.
HarlequinLaugh

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Ras Al Ghul » Mar 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm

I agree 100% completely and trust me I have noticed this and it frustrates me ten full, half the time I want to tell some of the people who are spamming dumb comments, but don't out of respect of the site. Its really coming from 4 users mostly.
Ras Al Ghul

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween, Prey

Postby themaddoc » Mar 15th, 2011, 11:30 pm

yes thank you the amount of times this has happened...
Ras Al Ghul wrote: I want to tell some of the people who are spamming dumb comments, but don't out of respect of the site. Its really coming from 4 users mostly.

If it's me you can tell me

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

Postby Benji » Mar 17th, 2011, 8:38 am

It's a shame people aren't taking any notice, I guess were just going to have to put up with it

Benji

Postby Thegoddamnbatman » Mar 17th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Ras Al Ghul wrote:I agree 100% completely and trust me I have noticed this and it frustrates me ten full, half the time I want to tell some of the people who are spamming dumb comments, but don't out of respect of the site. Its really coming from 4 users mostly.

If it's me, please say and I will stop, telling the culprits can only help the site.

http://fuckbnig.forumotion.co.uk/
Thegoddamnbatman

Location: Watching you. I've seen the vile, disgusting things you do... and I'm telling Mom!

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 17th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Hm , I remember doing a "hat could rockesteady do with the villains ?" thread and after a while no one cared , instead , everybody kept posting their "Blackmask" , "Riddler ", "Hugo" etc threads without checking mine ... that is a bit sad . I really liked this thread and you could read tons of good ideas there .

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby themaddoc » Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:51 pm

I'm gonna bump this thread back up aagain as I feel this problem is getting worse again can newer members please take note.

MaxSchreck wrote:Hm , I remember doing a "hat could rockesteady do with the villains ?" thread and after a while no one cared , instead , everybody kept posting their "Blackmask" , "Riddler ", "Hugo" etc threads without checking mine ... that is a bit sad . I really liked this thread and you could read tons of good ideas there .

I remember that. I loved that thread shame it died.

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

Postby boaly2008 » Apr 23rd, 2011, 1:15 pm

I agree I'll bump it one more I've seen three different threads for the same topic and if a thread drops a page someone puts a new one up instead of bumping an old topic.
This doesn't change anything. This doesn't change anything at all.
boaly2008

Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby hahahaitsjoker » Apr 23rd, 2011, 2:23 pm

i believe i may ahve done it so sorry for that but as of recnt i have been looking so thanks red robin
hahahaitsjoker

Postby batman404 » Apr 28th, 2011, 2:38 pm

I'm just bumping this topic back up, there are a lot of multiple topics about the exact same thing (Scarecrow, Oracle, Man Bat, Poison Ivy, Joker, Mr Freeze, etc) & they're showing up quite a bit lately.

It's really not that hard to have a quick look to see if you're making a topic about something that already has a topic. Please. :)
batman404

Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Drbigt » Apr 28th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Well, to my defense when I made a topic that was already discussed, the previous topic had title where there was no way I could find it on any of my searches.

Sig by Vrajdeber
Drbigt

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight returns

Next

Return to Reviews