THE FUTURE OF THE FORUMS

Community Reviews of all things Batman!

THE FUTURE OF THE FORUMS

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 8th, 2017, 3:48 pm

I've been putting this off for months, maybe even a year, but the forums in their current state cannot continue.

I've been exploring options for how to move forward with them and unfortunately, I think that the best way to move forward will be to completely rebuild them with a new forum software structure. Ideally, we want to have a greater integration with the news blog so that discussion from news can flow more smoothly, but with the benefits that a forum provides.

I really, truly, 100% appreciate that some of you have stuck around and still use the forums to chat on, but I'm sure that you'll agree they need a new injection of life. I aim to bring that to you in the next couple of months, and, obviously, I won't just pull the plug, but will give you a timeframe, the first opportunity to hop onto the new and improved forums, and some crossover time.

As my design work begins on the new forums, I may ask for your input - any ideas would be welcomed - and am happy to discuss how the forums as they are could be archived.

As soon as I have an update for you, I shall post it here.

Best,
-RR :alfred:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: THE FUTURE OF THE FORUMS

Postby Mani-Man » Oct 8th, 2017, 6:28 pm

For a minute i thought that the site would be closed.

There is no denying that something needs to change, new life needs to breath into this place.
I feel like the forum has been held back due to it being considered a forum "just" for the Arkham games, despite being more.

I havent checked it for some time, but i could swear that there is no specific Batman Forum out there...so turning it into a Forum first and foremost for all Batman related things, that could maybe help.

I dont know, ive been thinking for a while how to get a broader audience into this place...but im not good at ideas.
I hope whatever you are planning brings new life to this place, would be a shame if not...i like the people here and had good discussions etc over the years.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » Oct 8th, 2017, 9:23 pm

I may not have any good ideas for what could be done with this website, either... but if I can think of something interesting to post on one of the threads I definately will do so to keep this forum alive.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Benji » Oct 9th, 2017, 6:12 pm

I agree with Mani-Man.

Appeal to a broader audience my making the forum primarily about Batman, DC Comics, Video Games or anything geeky.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby DatBat » Oct 11th, 2017, 8:57 pm

I think it should probably focus on comics and media based on comics, maybe specifically DC but probably just a general thing. I don't think there's enough interesting stuff going on currently with one specific character to warrant a forum for them. Of course there could still be off topic threads for discussing movies, TV shows, games, music, and books that aren't related to comics.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Manbat

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 16th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Definitely agree with all of the above. Its getting quieter and quieter around here. Change is definitely needed.

I also like the idea of stepping away from an arkham focus especially since there series is over and it doesn't look like another one is coming any time soon.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 27th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Howdy all,

I think that I'll be ready to invite a few of you into a beta of the new forum within the next week to help me pick out any bugs before I open it up more publicly.

Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BuNKiTZ » Oct 30th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Wow, this is surprising. Kind of sad, but alright. Cool. I love this forum and I would hate to see it die out due to inactivity. I'd love to see new life injected into the forum. Like Benji, I agree with Mani-Man. Expanding our coverage would definitely increase appeal and could draw in more users.

I hope it's gonna be a success.

And I'm gonna miss the shit out of this place. :cry:
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby ChaosThe15th » Oct 31st, 2017, 7:25 pm

When the new site is launched, I think it would be good to send a email to all users hopefully pulling a lot of the oldtimers back in.
ChaosThe15th

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 9th, 2017, 10:29 pm

OPEN BETA OF THE NEW FORUMS

I've opened registration on the new forums for an open beta (possible soft launch). I will advertise / contact old members once I'm happy with the functionality of the new forums.

These forums are still open too. Home page link is now in the drop-down menu.

Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Reviews