Pandora #0

Non-Arkhamverse Batman Fanfic

Pandora #0

Postby Batwoman » Jul 9th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Chapter 0 :
" Prelude "
Written by Red Robin 1999

Ten thousand years ago , this was a peaceful place . There was no murder , no BAM , no robbers . It was the paradise described in the human Bible . The skies were clear and there was a constant feeling of peace and happiness . I used to have another name , a family and friends . I was a happy young woman living her long , cheerful life . Everyone was . However , one day the paradise turned into ashes , and from its ashes , something terrible emerged . My little brother was very sick and mother and father were too busy helping other villagers to take care of their son . That is why I had the responsibility to take care of him , to make him enjoy every minute of his life . One summer afternoon , mother arrived . “ Mother... I am afraid he is not getting better . The herbs you brought were helping him lower the fever , but I have run out of herbs . Should I go to the forest to get more herbs ? “ I remember asking my mother . “ Very well , my daughter... but remember , the forests are full of both good and bad things . Creatures that won´t hesitate to hurt you , sweet child ...” she warned . I kissed my brother in the forehead and sang something in his ear : “ Sing our song , we are strong , we are strong , sing our song... “ . With that song , I managed to get a smile out of my poor brother´s face . I put on my cloak and headed to the forest . I walked for hours . The sun had already been replaced by the moon , and the violet night sky was decorated with stars of all shapes and colors . Suddenly , a red light called me from some bushes . I remembered my mother´s warnings , but my curiosity was bigger than anything else in that moment . I slowly walked towards the bushes , and kneeled down to grab a stone . I threw it at the bushes , but there was no sign of movement : whatever it was , it wasn´t a living thing . I quickly put my hands inside the bushes . My hands were holding a big , cold object . My curiosity was growing with each second . When I had my first look into the mysterious object that had caught my attention , I felt like as if time was suddenly erased from existence . A golden , odd skull-like metallic head with three red , glowing eyes which stared at my soul was in my hands , just in front of my face . I entered a void . Everything was moving , changing its shape . It was like as if the world was fire , slowly moving from side to side , shacking . The skull´s red eyes shone , and I felt that I had the sun in front of me , but it was red . I was blinded for some seconds , maybe minutes , maybe hours . Well , my eyes were blinded , but my head was more active than any other time before . I suddenly found myself spinning around in a black void . I was surrounded by circles of different colors . There were eyes which changed color every second around me , staring at me , making me feel guilty , a horrible person . I don´t know if I was falling or flying , I just felt higher (mentally and emotionally ) than ever . All of a sudden , the void was gone , and I stopped spinning. I found myself in a dark prison , with my leg chained to the ground . A man with a green cloak grabbed me by the hair and dragged me to some sort of court . The were wizards sitting on golden thrones , decorated with exotic jewels and other unknown materials to me at that time . Next to me were two men . One was sobbing and had a blue cape . The other one was wearing no shirt , and was trying to break free . The trial began : we were called the greatest sinners of all times , that our existence was nothing more than a curse for the world . We were called “ The Trinity of Sin “ . The man in the blue cape had betrayed his best friend , and caused him to suffer a slow and painful death . He was sentenced to an eternity of guilt and betrayal , and that he would forever wander the world as a complete stranger . The other man screamed curses and threats to the wizards . He vowed revenge , he said that he was more powerful than all of them , and that they would pay for what they had done to him . His sentence was to live an eternity of pain , of sorrow . His head was replaced with some sort of black mask , which represented his eternal pain . After they were sent back to Earth , it was my turn . I was crying , I was so confused . They were insulting me , saying that I was the worst of the Trinity . I asked why , and they showed me my sin : I opened it . Turns out that the skull I found in the forest was a cursed box that contained monsters which represented mankind´s worst sins . The moment the box shone , Envy , Glutton , Pride , Greed , Sloth , Wrath and Lust were set free . The Seven Deadly Sins were now destroying my village . I saw horrified as they butchered my friends and family ,as they sent my world on fire ! Finally , I was sentenced to an eternity of sadness and loneliness . I would be named “ Pandora “ , which meant “ Mother of all Monsters “ . My face was scarred with red marks that wouldn´t stop burning.
I was sent back to Earth . I buried my people , and I started to walk towards the horizon . It was the dawn of a new age , an age of death , sin and despair for men . It was all on me , I caused this , I opened the box ! That´s why it is up to me to eradicate all evil . According to the myth , the Box must be opened again in order to trap the Sins inside it again , and that´s what I´ve been trying to do since that day . I met great people , good men and women , but also evil souls that felt my cold bullets enter their skulls .
I stay strong . I am Pandora .
Next , in Pandora :" One Million days "
Last edited by Batwoman on Jul 10th, 2014, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Re: Pandora #0

Postby conradoaccorsi » Jul 10th, 2014, 1:02 am

Awesome bro! It's too much like a retelling of what happened on that New 52 Justice League special, but I like it.
Imagine all the people
Thanks Dr. Arrow for sig and avatar
conradoaccorsi

Favourite Villain: Dr. Hurt/Ra's
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: Pandora #0

Postby Batwoman » Jul 10th, 2014, 1:19 am

conradoaccorsi wrote:Awesome bro! It's too much like a retelling of what happened on that New 52 Justice League special, but I like it.

Thanks bro ! And this time , GEOFF JOHNS IS NOT THE WRITER !!!!! :adam:
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Return to Fanfic