Black Orchid #1

Non-Arkhamverse Batman Fanfic

Black Orchid #1

Postby Batwoman » Aug 1st, 2014, 8:27 pm

This is a story of love and hate , happiness and pain , life and death . Our tale begins in 1971 , in a little town near Kentucky . Donald Grayson had spoken his first word two years ago . He walked his first steps a little more than six months ago . He lived with his mother and father and sister Kelly in a small , ordinary house with three bedrooms , a small kitchen and a large living-room . Behind the house , the Graysons had a small garden which was separated from an immense forest by a wooden fence . Donald´s mother loved nature . They had two dogs , one cat and Donald had a little fish in his bedroom . She also loved plants , and the garden was there to prove it . Roses , Ivies , Bonsai trees , Orchids... they had it all in their garden . Donald inherited his mother´s love for nature . He would spend hours and hours playing with his pets in the garden , showing drawings or reading books at night to his fish and watching the plants and the insects near them . Of all the plants his mother had planted , there was one she cared the most : a Black Orchid . The flower was a pleasant surprise for the lady , since she had planted White Orchids only , and when she saw a black spot in the middle of all the white flowers , she felt that it was special .
Donald´s life was happy . He had a lot of friends in school and he did well in most of the subjects , especially biology . He would arrive home from school and the first thing he´d do was hugging his animals and telling what he did during the day to his fish . They were a happy family .
However , when Donald was eight years-old , he had his first contact with Death . On the day of his 8th birthday , Donald forgot to close the door of the house after arriving from his birthday party . One of his dogs , Sullivan , crossed the door and went to the other side . It never returned . Donald´s mother and Kelly saw it all . They saw as Sullivan ran to the street , and how a careless driver came at a high speed , killing the animal . The boy cried for a week . He wouldn´t eat or go out of his house . But Death wasn´t ready to leave the poor kid alone . A month after Sullivan´s death , Donald´s fish was found dead in the morning . Two years later , Theo , Sullivan´s son , died from a heart-attack . But that wasn´t the only bad news in that year . Donald´s mother was diagnosed with Cancer . Five years later , she passed away . That same year , Donnie´s father was fired from his job . The poor man couldn´t stand all the pressure , so he hanged himself in the attic. Donald , Kelly and their last dog , Chip were the only ones left . They buried their mother in the garden she loved so much , surrounded by all kinds of flowers . Instead of putting a Rose in her mother´s coffin , Donald decided to put a Black Orchid which represented how special she was to him . Kelly left to New York a few months later , and Donnie was left alone with Chip . But that´s when Suzie came in...

It´s getting colder . It´s weird , though , for summer has just began . It should be getting hotter , instead . But who am I to question Mother Nature , am I ? I don´t even know who... WHAT I am . When I open my eyes in the morning , when the Earth calls my name and tells me to get up and fight for the Green , I see an orange sky ,and I stop and think . I think about my true purpose and my origins . Am I the daughter or son of someone ? Am I an ordinary flower ? What am I ? That question again... there are always questions , but never any answers .
Mother calls my name from the depths of the soil , and into the core of life and creation .
“ Yes , Mother ? I hear you . Yes , I will do what you say . Thank you , Mother .“
I find myself in an eternal void of colours and emotions . I can feel what everyone is feeling all at once . I feel the warm pain of Death and the cold hug of Life . I have deep knowledge , I know it all . I am centuries old and a newborn child at the same time .
WHAT AM I ?
My fellow brothers and sisters have limited mobility , but beautiful minds . I wish I could join them. Live a peaceful life , without any risk or dangers , just staying still , staring at the twilight and thinking until the end of times . But Mother has other plans for me , and I must fulfil them . Lately , Mother seems a little different than usual : Her despise towards mankind has increased over the past years . She claims that the humans are secretly developing weapons that will cause grave damage to her Kingdom . I am all that stands between Death and peace now , and if that means taking severe measures against the humans , I shall take them .
I am afraid that the humans will have to die .
DC Comics presents Black Orchid in :
“ Human Nature “
Chapter One
Written by Red Robin 1999
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Re: Black Orchid #1

Postby MaxSchreck » Dec 30th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Is this fanfic based on Dc´s Black Orchid or are you creating an entirely different character :?:

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Re: Black Orchid #1

Postby Batwoman » Dec 30th, 2014, 2:14 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Is this fanfic based on Dc´s Black Orchid or are you creating an entirely different character :?:

It´s based on the original DC Orchid , Gaiman´s version and and a new one I´m creating .
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Return to Fanfic