Arkhamverse : Sins of the Past #5

Non-Arkhamverse Batman Fanfic

Arkhamverse : Sins of the Past #5

Postby Batwoman » Jan 2nd, 2015, 2:27 pm

The present day:
A quiet and nice night at Gotham, the streets are clear, people are at home, eating their turkeys with their families, the snow falls over the city as if it were the North Pole, yes it is Christmas. Besides the war that happened in the past few weeks, nothing changed at the heart of the citizens.
Suddenly an explosion, at least sounds like it, a portal opens and Terry McGinnis jumps from it and falls on the ground.
Terry: Alfred, when and where I am?
A.L.F.R.E.D: Gotham City, 1 month after remaining data
Terry: Oh god, what remaining data?
A.L.F.R.E.D: Everything before the original destination
Terry: So I guess we have no time to wait
A.L.F.R.E.D: You're right, sir
Terry: Alfred, where Starro colony is?
A.L.F.R.E.D: Twenty five years from now, it's located on either Verkhoyansk in Russia or Eismitte in Greenland.
Terry: Well, that's easy, I just need to know which one is closer to the first place he attacked. Where was the first focus of Starro invaders?
A.L.F.R.E.D: <corrupted#data$file>
Terry: What about O.M.A.C.s?
A.L.F.R.E.D: <data$not#found>
Terry: I guess I'll stick with Starro.
He looks on to the city, no flying cars, no robots trying to kill him, no people controlled by star-like aliens. He feels glad that he can feel once again what is living, but knows he got a mission.

Sins of the Past: Chapter Five - Starro: Part 1
Plotted by RedRobin1999 and conradoaccorsi
Written by conradoaccorsi

Terry is entering the airport to Greenland, he stole this suit from a store next to Gotham Center. A.L.F.R.E.D. managed to create him a fake Identity and passport. Terry also stole a suit from a high-society store, to look like a famous playboy and not look suspicious. He enters the line to pass the X-ray, suddenly he remembers, he's taking a high tech suit and several weaponry on a bag.
A.L.F.R.E.D: Is there a problem, sir?
Terry: Alfred, the suit, it's on the bag.
A.L.F.R.E.D: Calculating every possible solution, invading Gotham City Airport systems.
Terry: Alfreeeeeed...
A.L.F.R.E.D: Sir, I have only one possible solution
The guard points at Terry, and calls him: You're next, mister.
Guard: Mister?
Terry: Yes, yes, I'm going.
He passes the x-ray, nothing happens.
Terry: How?
A.L.F.R.E.D: I hacked the Airport system for 5 seconds, time big enough for you and your bag to pass the x-ray, and little enough for them not to notice.
Terry: Good job, now we need to find where is the colony.
A.L.F.R.E.D: I just downloaded the news and it seems like it already begun, sir. A village down in Eismitte was attacked by "star like creatures".

The Village:
A Jeep is riding on the snow, the trees lead to a small village. The place has a lot of bodies, the army has already covered the place, no one in, no one out.
The Jeep stops and someone important comes out of it since all the soldiers salute him.
Away from the village, Terry monitors everything.
Terry: Is that who I think it is?
A.L.F.R.E.D: General Sam Lane, leader of Project 7734 and part of Metahuman Affairs Office.
Terry: Project 7734?
A.L.F.R.E.D: <confidential%files> <unable#to$connect>
Terry: Okay, okay. What he is doing in a place like this?
Terry actives the cloaking ability of his suit and goes down to the Village. Two soldiers are watching the front entrance, while there are 4 snipers in the top of the Church, watching all of the four sides. One of the sniper spots the footprints he left on the snow, then warns the other snipers and soldiers that there is someone inside. Terry deactivates the cloaking because of the suit battery, and heads to take down one soldier who's away from everyone. When he's close to him, the soldier turns back, his head is covered by a Starro minion, and it attacks Terry, jumping from the soldier's face onto his, however before it could control him, he gave the little creature an electroshock, after that he just simply removes it from his face.
A.L.F.R.E.D: Creature scanned, D.N.A. evaluated, lifetime: 3 months.
Terry: He's already alive for 3 months? There could be other colonies all over the world already.
A.L.F.R.E.D: Yes, sir but if this is the main colony, the queen must be here. And when I scanned the creature, I discovered they work based on signals sent by the colony's queen, so every moment they do is ordered by her.
Terry: So if I eliminate the Queen, they all die?
A.L.F.R.E.D: Yes. And also, I just discovered there is an underground base here, it's entrance is in the Church. However there at least 20 guards in this Village and even more inside the base.
Terry shoots a little device on the sky that simply floats for some seconds and then goes back to him. He opens his gauntlet, there's an hologram projector who lights up a map of the entire base and everyone on it.
Terry: Wait, Alfred, why the others don't have a Starro on their face?
A.L.F.R.E.D: That also intrigues me, sir.
Terry: How can you be intrigued? You're an android!
A.L.F.R.E.D: I was based on the English butler named Alfred that served Master Bruce. So while I am calculating every possible alternative, I use complicated words to express human feelings in a formal way so you can feel better.
Terry: Okay, okay. I'll just take down everyone and we'll discover why all that.
He uses the cloaking to walk to the Church and then enters it using one of windows because there are 3 men guarding the door, he deactivates the cloaking and shoots tranquilizer darts on the three men. He then grapples to the Church's tower, and leaves a tear gas so the 4 snipers can be knocked down. He then uses the tower as his spot to take down all the other soldiers. He throws batarangs in the remaining ones and goes down the Church again. He starts searching for an entrance to the underground base, he scans the Church's inside and finds nothing.
Terry: It was supposed to be here!
A.L.F.R.E.D: Indeed, sir. Let me calculate other probabilties-
Terry: Alfred, this time we don't need to calculate, we need to think.
He searches the body of one of the soldiers and finds a Starro on the back of his neck.
Terry: Maybe he's the key of everything. Alfred, how to free me from his control?
A.L.F.R.E.D: An electroshock is enough, sir.
Terry grabs the uniform from the soldier and puts the Starro on the back of his neck. He walks out of the Church and enters a grave. There, suddenly, a door opens and he falls inside a big lab, where in the middle he sees a giant Starro inside a giant capsule full of water. Thousands of people are being controlled, some with the alien exposed and others with it hidden in their shirts or necks. The giant Starro is sleeping, while the others work in reproducing and controlling more people, Terry walks to another room and sees General Lane and dozens of Nuclear Missiles. A.L.F.R.E.D releases an electroshock and the little Starro falls on the ground. The big Starro opens his eyes and starts looking at Terry, and suddenly, all of them are looking at him.
A.L.F.R.E.D: I guess we are in a little bit of trouble, Sir.
Terry: You don't say...
Next : Nuclear meltdown
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Re: Arkhamverse : Sins of the Past #5

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 5th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Really interesting so far, I am looking forward to your next chapter :)

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Return to Fanfic