Creating New Topics: A Polite Request

Have you got a Batman project that you're working on? Web comic? Fan film? Cosplay? Live Action Role Play Group?
Share it or find fellow contributors here!

Re: A polite request

Postby Benji » Apr 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm

batman404 wrote:I'm just bumping this topic back up, there are a lot of multiple topics about the exact same thing (Scarecrow, Oracle, Man Bat, Poison Ivy, Joker, Mr Freeze, etc) & they're showing up quite a bit lately.

It's really not that hard to have a quick look to see if you're making a topic about something that already has a topic. Please. :)

Agreed. It has been happening a lot lately. But it's not the end of the world. There's been quite a few new members lately and when I was new it took me a while to get used to the forum

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby batman404 » Apr 29th, 2011, 9:01 am

^ Yeah, you're right... It's not the end of the world. It's just an unnecessary annoyance (imo).
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Benji » Apr 29th, 2011, 10:37 am

Yes, it is annoying. Even when this topic has been bumped up a few times people are still doing it.

Benji

Postby batman404 » Apr 29th, 2011, 11:09 am

^ I think we're just going to have to deal with it, lol.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby FoxCircuit101 » Apr 29th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Bravo Red, bravo! ;)
FoxCircuit101

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: All of them!!!

Postby TheJester » May 29th, 2011, 8:59 pm

I'm going to bump this topic again, cause recently there have been lots of threads being posted when similar or identical ones already exist. Certain members (not naming names...) have also started posting pointless posts more often, ie "lol" or "haha". Ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee be more careful to avoid clogging up the forum with spam. Thank you. :quinn:
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Benji » May 29th, 2011, 9:26 pm

TheJester wrote:I'm going to bump this topic again, cause recently there have been lots of threads being posted when similar or identical ones already exist. Certain members (not naming names...) have also started posting pointless posts more often, ie "lol" or "haha". Ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee be more careful to avoid clogging up the forum with spam. Thank you. :quinn:

Agreed, I think all we want to do is discuss Arkham City as well as other stuff in the off topic section but there are a few members who just post stuff to either try and get attention, to try and be funny or to just get their post count up. It's fine if it were a chatroom but this is a forum, and one of the best around, it's a shame if it gets ruined.

From what I understand though, Luke and the other admins give out warnings to those who keep doing this sort of stuff so the site should be maintained.

Benji

Postby Luke » May 29th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Benji wrote:From what I understand though, Luke and the other admins give out warnings to those who keep doing this sort of stuff so the site should be maintained.

Yes. We try our very best to enforce these rules and apply warnings when necessary. All I can suggest is to notify the poster about their duplicate topic and post a link to the original topic that they are duplicating. If there are any other issues please don't hesitate to PM either me, Elliott or Khris. You can also click the 'report' button above a users post to instantly alert the staff regarding a possible issue.

Luke.
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 16th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Bump.

Bane wrote:too many duplicate topics are being made, just now, 2 of them were made within 15 minutes, I think something needs to be done to stop this.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Elliott » Jun 16th, 2011, 11:49 pm

As previously stated guys, if you see a duplicate topic, the best course of action is to not reply to it and report it, that way either Luke, KHRIS or myself will deal with it.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheJester » Jul 6th, 2011, 12:14 am

Bumpity Bumpity Bump Bump!

Once again, duplicate topics have been arising, please, PLEASE, check that there aren't similar or duplicate topics before posting one, even if it takes a little while, please do so.

Also, another new issue I've found, more threads are being created that have no real purpose or are not explained properly. Please better word your topics so posts like 'I don't get it' arent used as often, when the post could be used to discuss an interesting topic.

If the topic is a question you need answering, eg 'Does anyone know what rating the game is?' how about asking one of the members or moderators via pm? It's simpler and stops clogging up the forum!

And finally, please don't reply 'lol' 'I agree' etc on a topic, it's pointless and really doesn't benefit anyone but yourself. Thanks again, Jezzie :quinn:
TheJester

Postby Andy » Jul 6th, 2011, 12:25 am

Also,all of these "100+ things you want" and "should they have X or Y" topics are all very similar
Is a new topic needed for each and everyone?
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby TheJester » Jul 6th, 2011, 12:50 am

Good point Andy. Also many topics that already exist are being duplicated but the only difference is that it has a poll. Polls don't always offer variety when you want to freely express your opinion, so you may as well just comment on the original topic!

Just a thought, would it be possible to have this topic constantly at the top of the General Discussion page under the Wallpapers topic? I just think that it should constantly be up there as a reminder, rather than be lost a couple of pages back due to, ironically, an excess of topics. Could Luke, Elliott or Khris make this possible please?
TheJester

Postby Batnipples » Jul 6th, 2011, 2:22 am

I do agree on not making pointless 'should they have this or tat,' but sometimes the existing threads are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and a new thread is necessary.
For example, I tried posting a image I thought was new out of a magazine I read. Not wanting to create another topic to 'clutter up the forum,' I added it to the stickiedtopic. Turns out the image had been posted about 5 pages ago and someone else had made a topic about it. Also, I always thought the point of a forum was to get your opinions heard? I, for one, dont read through the topics wih 5+ pages, out of the fact it starts to get pretty pointless halfway through. Then when i check the last page I have no understanding of what is going on, so, to catch up on unconfirmed gossip, I have to read through 3 months of posts.
Also, please remember that alot of these people are new to these parts. I dont post very often but it is very daunting when I get a reply simply stating,"Use the search function, LUKE LOCK THIS TOPIC!!!" I had already tried searching for the topic, but my wording must have been slightly off, thankfully a helpful member filled me in on the question and the thread was forever forgotten.
Im sorry for the huge post, just thought i'd try get my point across before it gets lost in the pages.

In summary, try to be nice to people who are guilty here, most of us don't know yet or have already tried the search function to no avail, maybe make a stickied topic at the top describing how this is an old forum and any questions you may have could have been solved before.

Cheers for reading, love you! BYE!
Your not sending me to the coolAH!
Batnipples

Postby Nankeiro » Jul 6th, 2011, 4:15 am

This is a must-do! I mean, come on! It would be easier to follow the threads and of course, it would look really ordered.
Nankeiro

Favourite Villain: The Scarecrow

PreviousNext

Return to Project Central