Arkhamverse Allies #1: Robin

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #1: Robin

Postby Red_Robin » Dec 7th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Real Name - Tim Drake
Occupation - Student
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Black
Height - 5ft 10in
Weight - 170 lb
First Appearance - Batman #436 (August 1989)
Attributes
- Keen detective skills
- Trained to fight crime by Batman
- Arsenal of gadgets and advanced technology

Arkham City Bio
Young Tim Drake was in the audience the night the Flying graysons were murdered, where he witnessed Batman leap to the scene. Inspired by Batman's heroics, Tim closely followed the chronicles of Batman and Robin.
Eventually deducing their secret identities using his self-taught detective skills, Tim convinced Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson (now Nightwing) that a new Robin was needed in the never-ending battle for justice.
Tested by the Dark Knight himself with a grueling training regimen, Tim earned the right to become Robin, and has since lived up to the name.

Additional Information
Tim's detective skills and natural caution made him ideally suited to the role of Robin. After 6 months of intensive training in the cave, Batman sent him to Europe where he studied martial arts and other skills with masters including Lady Shiva, the Rahul Lama and Henri Ducard. Continued training with both Batman and Dick Grayson has lead Robin to hold his own against some of Gotham's heavy hitters including Mr Freeze, Joker, Scarecrow and Man-Bat as well as a host of villains of his own.
Unlike the previous Robins, Tim's parents were both alive when he met Bruce, but soon after he first put on the Robin costume his mother was killed and his father seriously injured. Tim was required to sneak around behind his father's back in order to work as Robin. Not long after he turned 16, his father was also killed. Tim used this experience to further dedicate himself to crime-fighting. Tim has since been adopted by Bruce Wayne, who, as far as the public know, was the former neighbor who looked after Tim when his parents were abducted by the Obeah Man.

Harley Quinn's Revenge
Robin recently rescued Batman from Harley Quinn following her escape in the aftermath of the Arkham City event. Tim and Barbara Gordon (aka Oracle) have noticed a marked difference in Batman's personality since the deaths of Talia Al Ghul and the Joker. When confronted by Commissioner Gordon about Batman's well-being, Tim chose to lie and passed him off as being 'alright'. Despite his words of reassurance to Jim Gordon, Robin remains deeply concerned about Batman's mental health.

Possible role in Arkham 3
Tim Drake is the perfect asset for Batman; as proven by the events of Harley Quinn's Revenge, he can operate autonomously to investigate, patrol and take-down criminals. Robin's natural role in Arkham 3 would be to shadow his mentor via comlink, picking up tasks that Batman can't deal with, surveying the main villians, solving his own side missions and getting batman out of trouble. Following on from Harley Quinn's Revenge, it would seem most likely that Robin has taken upon the role of watchman; ensuring that Batman keeps a grip on sanity and standing ready to stop him from breaking his one rule.

Essential reading
A Lonely Place of Dying, Robin: A Hero Reborn, Robin# 116-120, Batman: RIP, Robin: Search for a Hero, Red Robin: The Hit List, Teen Titans: A Kids Game, Teen Titans: Titans of Tomorrow, Identity Crisis, Arkham City Digital Exclusive #5, Arkham Unhinged #14-16

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
10/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #1: Robin

Postby HeatScanBatman » Dec 23rd, 2011, 8:41 pm

Im hope he will return in Arkham 3 :)
HeatScanBatman

Favourite Villain: Bane, Joker, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under the Red Hood

Postby Croc » Dec 23rd, 2011, 8:45 pm

HeatScanBatman wrote:Im hope he will return in Arkham 3 :)

Me too. And i hope he will get Side Missions too.
Croc

Favourite Villain: Ventriloquist
Favourite Graphic Novel: Broken City

Postby Jokerforpresident » Dec 23rd, 2011, 9:06 pm

Very good read and I'm interested to read future articles, may I ask who you are doing next?,
Education and armour. Self defence, the tribe. Our language, our leader. They all help us survive.
Jokerforpresident

Postby BigTPotts » Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:11 pm

Robin deserves a side mission in the main story line & multi-player mode, he should have the suits of his original robin suit, red suit, red robin & arkham suit 4 suits altogether. I love his arkham city suit but i hate the short hair. I have the robin edition from game(UK) but have to wait until christmas!
BigTPotts

Favourite Villain: Catwoman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby hahahaitsjoker » Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm

amazing read i do like ac robin jsut hope they give him hair in the next one hahaha
hahahaitsjoker

Postby Scarecrow112 » Dec 24th, 2011, 9:48 am

Nice chracter bio some of the additional stuff ididnt even know
Thanks to Maultest for the awesome sig
Scarecrow112

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death of the Family

Postby TheJester » Dec 24th, 2011, 1:01 pm

No doubt Robin will step up to the post in Arkham 3, he deserves more than a cameo! I hope Rockstaedy develop his character more and maybe even, dare i say it, a campaign?
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Dent » Dec 24th, 2011, 4:06 pm

I love to see what Rocksteady can do with Robin in A3. I liked his look and he's badass.
"I believe in Harvey Dent"
Dent

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby BoyWonder1234 » Dec 24th, 2011, 4:35 pm

I hope they change the design.
I know they wont, but a guy can dream.
BoyWonder1234

Favourite Villain: Anti-Suave Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman : Suave

Postby Mister J » Dec 25th, 2011, 7:49 am

I love Tim Drake, but his design still irks me. Lose the hood and get some spiky hair and it'd be perfect.
Mister J

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby MrRobP » Dec 25th, 2011, 2:04 pm

I know I'll be the minority but I really don't want Robin in the next game, Nightwing yes (I just wish he'd had a voice) but Robin no.
Why so serious?
MrRobP

Favourite Villain: The Joker/Two Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Knightfall saga

Postby Arkham_R » Dec 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm

MrRobP wrote:I know I'll be the minority but I really don't want Robin in the next game, Nightwing yes (I just wish he'd had a voice) but Robin no.

Not realy a Minority, alot of people didnt want him in AC. I didnt want him at first but I have to admit he's grown on me. From reading the AC comics featuring him to the smallcameo appernce he made. I do wish they made his hood optional in the game though.
You'll be as quiet as possible or I'll put one in your lap first.

Party pooper. No cake for you.
Arkham_R

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Arkham Reborn

Postby hahahaitsjoker » Dec 25th, 2011, 9:37 pm

All we can hope for is hair as on the predator or challenge maps when playing as robin the hood did annoy me a bit still overall good design
hahahaitsjoker

Postby Crane » Jan 3rd, 2012, 3:32 pm

I hope and think he will have his own missions I like playing as him more than Nightwing (although I get higher scores with Nightwing) I don't have a hangup about his costume at all It looks pretty cool. His voice isn't what I had imagined it's ok. So I hope he has a big part in the campaign ( I also want more Catwoman missions to). I think they should improve him he has brilliant moves in AC but I WANT MORE.

-- Jan 3rd, 2012, 3:33 pm --

I hope and think he will have his own missions I like playing as him more than Nightwing (although I get higher scores with Nightwing) I don't have a hangup about his costume at all It looks pretty cool. His voice isn't what I had imagined it's ok. So I hope he has a big part in the campaign ( I also want more Catwoman missions to). I think they should improve him he has brilliant moves in AC but I WANT MORE.
Made by Bane
Crane

Favourite Villain: ScarecrowTwoface
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKReturns

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Allies