Arkhamverse Villains #4: Harley Quinn

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #4: Harley Quinn

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Real Name - Dr. Harleen F. Quinzel
Occupation - Professional Criminal
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Blonde
Height - 5ft 7in
Weight - 140 lbs
First Appearance - Batman: Harley Quinn #1 (October 1999)
Attributes
- Surprising strength and stamina
- Superior gynmastic skills
- Total disregard for human life

Arkham City Bio
An Arkham Asylum psychiatrist assigned to treat the Joker, Dr Harleen Quinzel instead became obsessively fixated on her patient, believing herself to be in love with him.
She helped him escape and took on her own criminal identity as Harley Quinn. Quinn is a violent and unpredictable felon whose only motivation is achieving the Joker's approval.
Because of his cruel and mercurial nature, thus in some ways makes her just another of his victims- albeit a very dangerous one.
Since the Joker's Titan overdose in Arkham Asylum, Harley's mind has further deteriorated. She is blindly determined to put a smile back on his face.

Additional Information
With a less than stellar IQ, it is easy to underestimate Harley Quinn. Her dedication to Joker was matched only by her hatred for Batman, who just wouldn't leave her Mr. J alone. Her mind was first corrupted by the Joker, so the question of what effect his death will have on her will majorly effect Harley's character going forward. It was easy to stand back with a maniacally sadistic clown beside you, a clown that you would do anything for. With a large arsenal of weapons at her disposal and a hole where her heart used to be, you can guess that there will be no smiling or laughing coming from Ms. Quinn. Because when the same Bat who dashed your dreams of a good life killed your soon to be husband? You want revenge, on a silver platter. Thanks to Dr Strange and Skare_Krow_.

Harley Quinn's Revenge
Shortly after the death of the Joker, Harley Quinn was removed from Arkham City. Shortly after that she escaped and went back into arkham city. she toke over what was left of the Arkham City inmates and started her own gang. They wore outfit that were similar to Harley Quinn herself. She soon toke on the new look of a morning widow. Soon, The GCPD arrived in Arkham City to finally shut it down what was left of it. As soon as a few gaurds entered she toke them hostage and dragged them to her base of operations. Afterwords Batman arrived to rescue the GCPD but was taken hostage himself. Shortly afterwords Robin entered Arkham City to rescue both Batman and the GCPD. He quickly discovered Batman's belt, and found Batman shortly afterwords. But Batman was locked in a small cage and was running out of air. Harley Quinn had the key and she was in the room full of hostages. Robin had to silently defeat all of the henchmen while protecting the hostages. Saving Harley Quinn for last he defeated her and rescued Batman. Harley Quinn was angered by this activated bombs spread threw out the building. Although batman disarmed them, Harley Quinn had one last bomb and activated it. destorying the hideout. She and batman were thrown outside of the building. Both were hurt by it. Batman thought that he and quinn were the only ones to live through the explosions. But when Batman had his back turned Harley Quinn jumped at Batman with a knife hoping to kill him only to be knocked out by Robin's shuriken. Harley Quinn has been defeated at last and the GCPD officers have been saved. Thanks to maultest.

Possible role in Arkham 3
With the discovery that Harley is likely to be pregnant, her obvious role in Arkham 3 would be to look after her baby. Alongside this, she may make a truce with another villain from Batman's rogue gallery to insure her baby's safety. Since the Joker's death in Batman: Arkham City, Harley's has probably been driven off the deep end. In other words, she will remain a very unpredictable and unstable character in Gotham City. Thanks to Enigma.

Essential reading
Mad Love; Batman: Gotham Knights #14; Harley and Ivy: Love on the Lam; Batman Black and White: Case Study; Batman: Harley Quinn; Batman: Death and the City. Thanks to Dr Strange.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
10/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #4: Harley Quinn

Postby Enigma » Jan 27th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Possible role in Arkham 3
With the discovery that Harley is likely to be pregnant, her obvious role in Arkham 3 would be to look after her baby. Alongside this, she may make a truce with another villain from Batman's rogue gallery to insure her baby's safety.
Spoiler: show
Since the Joker's death in Batman: Arkham City, Harley's has probably been driven off the deep end. In other words, she will remain a very unpredictable and unstable character in Gotham City.

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3
9/10

P.S. You left out the space between Arkham and 3 on the "Chances of appearing in Arkham 3". ;)
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 27th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Enigma wrote:P.S. You left out the space between Arkham and 3 on the "Chances of appearing in Arkham 3". ;)

The format has been copied and pasted between each database, so you've not noticed that space more than I haven't typed that space. See where being pedantic gets you? ;)

-- Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 pm --

Regardless; good entry!
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jokerandco » Jan 27th, 2012, 10:42 pm

essential reading
mad love, batman: harley quinn, detective #831, gotham city sirens: union
it would move me to tears if i still had tears to shed
jokerandco

Favourite Villain: The joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The joker

Postby DarkKnight95 » Jan 27th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Really good bio Red_Robin, Is Poison Ivy going to be next?
DarkKnight95

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jan 27th, 2012, 10:58 pm

Possible Role: The pregnancy thing has me knowing she'll return. Other than that, she could run the Joker's gang.

Chances of appearing: 9.5/10
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Luke » Jan 27th, 2012, 11:06 pm

DarkKnight95 wrote:Really good bio Red_Robin, Is Poison Ivy going to be next?

Yep! :)
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Enigma » Jan 27th, 2012, 11:08 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:Other than that, she could run the Joker's gang.

I really, really do not get why everyone thinks this. I can remember at least five accounts of thugs saying somthing akin to 'there's no way Harley's going to replace The Joker.'
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Benji » Jan 27th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Enigma wrote:Possible role in Arkham 3
With the discovery that Harley is likely to be pregnant, her obvious role in Arkham 3 would be to look after her baby. Alongside this, she may make a truce with another villain from Batman's rogue gallery to insure her baby's safety.
Spoiler: show
Since the Joker's death in Batman: Arkham City, Harley's has probably been driven off the deep end. In other words, she will remain a very unpredictable and unstable character in Gotham City.

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3
9/10

P.S. You left out the space between Arkham and 3 on the "Chances of appearing in Arkham 3". ;)

I concur. I'd go with 9/10 chance of appearing too. I don't see Harley being a strong enemy or leader in Arkham 3, but I am hoping and betting she will be part of a major plot twist.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Skare_Krow_ » Jan 27th, 2012, 11:41 pm

Additional Info: Harley Quinn was Joker's honey-bunches since she first appeared in Batman: The Animated Series (Fun Fact: Harley wasn't originally created for the comics, she was first seen in the episode "Joker's Favor"). Her dedication to Joker was matched only by her hatred for Batman, who just wouldn't leave her Mr. J alone. Her mind was first corrupted by the Joker, so the question of what effect his death will have on her will majorly effect Harley's character going forward.

Possible Role in A3: Harley Quinn worshiped Joker like an idol and his death will have a profound impact on her. Will she go into a deep depression or will her already troubled mind snap completely? What effect will it have on her baby? One would assume that she will probably be pissed at Batman and also will fight to keep her baby, and Joker's legacy through him/her, alive. This could make her very dangerous and unpredictable as she becomes desparate to protect Joker's baby from all of his enemies who don't want to see another Joker rise. No matter what she's doing though, it will be up to Batman to ensure that the city is safe from Gotham's newest mother.

Chances of Appearing in A3: 10/10
Last edited by Skare_Krow_ on Jan 30th, 2012, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your mind will shatter like glass"
Skare_Krow_

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby TheJester » Jan 27th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Awesome read, the possibilities for Harley are endless in A3!

Most likely it will revolve around her pregnancy, but who knows, it may just all be a gag - the final one of Jokers that is. Heck, it could be a phantom pregnancy (where you want to bear a child so much your body convinces itself it's pregnant, symptoms including swollen stomach, no *ahem* periods etc)

Out of the blue here, but Harley is rather small XD 5ft 7 is the same height as my mum, and she's a midget :p
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jan 28th, 2012, 12:42 am

Enigma wrote:
arkhamcitydood wrote:Other than that, she could run the Joker's gang.

I really, really do not get why everyone thinks this. I can remember at least five accounts of thugs saying somthing akin to 'there's no way Harley's going to replace The Joker.'

True. Although its a possibility.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby hraban » Jan 28th, 2012, 12:57 am

Harley has a miscarriage and that will be the end of that.

I don't think Harley would survive a pregnancy because she will snap in two thanks to her impossible waist-hip ratio.
(I always thought Joker was sterile thanks to his chemical bath)
hraban
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby TFDutchman » Jan 28th, 2012, 7:16 am

I love Harley :adam:

Essential Reading - Joker's Asylum 2, Mad Love, Harley Quinn.

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3 - 99%

Possible role in Arkham 3 - Now in charge of Joker's gang dealing with the loss of her beloved Clown Prince and trying to protect her baby while scheming how best to kill the man responsible for the death of the Joker: Batman.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 28th, 2012, 8:14 am

TheJester wrote:Out of the blue here, but Harley is rather small XD 5ft 7 is the same height as my mum, and she's a midget :p

The height is straight from the Arkham City bio. :alfred:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Villains