Arkhamverse Villains #9: Clayface

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3

Poll ended at Mar 8th, 2012, 6:36 pm

10/10
16%
9/10
6%
8/10
16%
7/10
13%
6/10
9%
5/10
17%
4/10
7%
3/10
7%
2/10
3%
1/10
1%
0/10
4%

Total votes : 295

Arkhamverse Villains #9: Clayface

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 11th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Real Name - Basil Karlo
Occupation - Professional Criminal
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Black
Hair Colour - None
Height - 8 ft 2 in
Weight - 410 lbs
First Appearance - Detective Comics #40 (June 1940)
Attributes
- can mimic anything and anyone
- extremely difficult to injure or contain

Arkham City Bio
Horror film icon Basil Karlo went mad when he uncovered plans for his most classic film to be remade with a different actor in the lead role. he took on the mask of the film's villain, Clayface, and killed several of the remake's cast and crew before being stopped by Batman and Robin.
Later, Karlo stole and injected himself with experimental compunds that transformed him into a mass of living clay who can alter his compositionto mimic anything... or anyone.

Additional Information
Basil Karlo was a B-movie actor who went insane after finding out that one of his films, “The Terror”, was being remade without him in the leading role. Murdering most of the cast and crew under the guise of the films villain, Clayface, he eventually went after the actor chosen to replace him only to be stopped by Batman and Robin. Eventually he was broken out of jail by Sandra Fuller, Preston Payne, and Matt Hagen (all other Clayfaces with shape-shifting powers) and was inducted into the Mudpack – an alliance of the first four Clayfaces. Desiring their shape-shifting powers, Karlo took DNA samples from the other members of the Mudpack and injected himself with them, becoming the Ultimate Clayface. He slew the others before being defeated by Batman. Now with the ability to change his appearance, Karlo became a constant menace for the Dark Knight, and always he is on the lookout for better “roles” to play for his next crime. Thanks to Hush__.

Possible role in Arkham 3
Clayface's fate is uncertain after the events of Arkham City. He was pushed into the Lazurus Pit at the end of the game, and then it exploded. It is unknown if he is still alive or if the explosion killed him off, but if he is alive it is likely that he will want revenge on the Dark Knight. It is possible that he will once again team up with one of Batman's other rogues or he could choose to get revenge on his own. It will be interesting to see which "role" he chooses next. Maybe Joker or Hugo Strange will come back from the grave or will we see a third Bruce Wayne running around Gotham? Who knows? This character is pretty much a major plot-twist magnet every time he enters the story so Batman will have to be suspicious of everyone next time around. Thanks to Hush__.

Essential reading
Detective Comics #40, Batman: No Man's Land v4, Nightwing: Year One, Batgirl: Brightest Day

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
7/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #9: Clayface

Postby CRUZ » Mar 2nd, 2012, 8:55 pm

I say 2/10 cause he had he's shot in the arkhamverse and there could be a chance they mention him if
there's two bruce waynes in the same room but the second one is hush....
But no i don't think he'll be in arkham 3.
BTW are you guys gonna do Carmine/Mario Falcone ?
CRUZ

Favourite Villain: Black Mask and Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby johnsyggel » Mar 2nd, 2012, 9:39 pm

Chances of appearing: 3/10
He may be refrenced or have an easter egg/cameo,like Croc did in AC.But i doubt he'll be as a boss in A3.RS doesn't use the same villain twice except Joker.
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby arkhamcitydood » Mar 2nd, 2012, 9:46 pm

Ooh a poll. Nicee!
Possible Role: Who knows. He could do anything.
Chances of appearing: 3.5/10 (Ill vote for 4)
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Hush__ » Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:06 am

Additional Information: Basil Karlo was a B-movie actor who went insane after finding out that one of his films, “The Terror”, was being remade without him in the leading role. Murdering most of the cast and crew under the guise of the films villain, Clayface, he eventually went after the actor chosen to replace him only to be stopped by Batman and Robin. Eventually he was broken out of jail by Sandra Fuller, Preston Payne, and Matt Hagen (all other Clayfaces with shape-shifting powers) and was inducted into the Mudpack – an alliance of the first four Clayfaces. Desiring their shape-shifting powers, Karlo took DNA samples from the other members of the Mudpack and injected himself with them, becoming the Ultimate Clayface. He slew the others before being defeated by Batman. Now with the ability to change his appearance, Karlo became a constant menace for the Dark Knight, and always he is on the lookout for better “roles” to play for his next crime.

Possible Role: Clayface's fate is uncertain after the events of Arkham City. He was pushed into the Lazurus Pit at the end of the game, and then it exploded. It is unknown if he is still alive or if the explosion killed him off, but if he is alive it is likely that he will want revenge on the Dark Knight. It is possible that he will once again team up with one of Batman's other rogues or he could choose to get revenge on his own. It will be interesting to see which "role" he chooses next. Maybe Joker or Hugo Strange will come back from the grave or will we see a third Bruce Wayne running around Gotham? Who knows? This character is pretty much a major plot-twist magnet every time he enters the story so Batman will have to be suspicious of everyone next time around.

Chances of appearing in A3: 5/10
Check out the Batman: Arkhamverse facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkhamverse
Hush__

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush/TheKillingJoke

Postby TheJester » Mar 3rd, 2012, 1:06 am

Possible Role in A3: If in fact Clayface isn't actually dead from what we saw in Arkham City, he will definetly want revenge against Batman for ruining his greatest role. Impersonating some of the Dark Knight's most trusted allies would definetly get his attention - celebrities and honourable figures begin committing crimes, and it wouldn't be long before a dark muddy trail led back to Clayface himself and a shape-shifting boss fight.

Personally, I doubt his return for A3.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Enigma » Mar 3rd, 2012, 5:30 am

Possible role in Arkham 3:

Clayface has the element of suprise after his ambigious fate at the end of Batman: Arkham City. Other than this, Batman is one of the only surviving characters who even knew of his existence in Arkham City and at the same time, which could work in Clayface's favour. Using his shape-shifting powers and apparent acting skills, Clayface could easily escape from the super-prison walls and cause chaos in Gotham City.

Chances of Appearing:
I voted for a 3/10. I doubt he will return, but he could be used interestingly if he did.

I remember someone mentioning that Batman could walk into a room filled with some major villains in his rogues gallery (similar to Almost Got 'Im from BTAS) when instead it would be Clayface impersonating them all. I'd love to see this and I think it'd be a genuine surprise and treat for all of us.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby AbStar921 » Mar 3rd, 2012, 6:07 am

Essential Viewing (the Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures)

Mudslide and Growing Pains.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Crane » Mar 3rd, 2012, 1:23 pm

Possible role in Arkham 3: Clayface may or may not be dead in the Arkhamverse. If he is still alive then it means big trouble for Batman and huge trouble if he assumes that he is dead, Clayface as we know could transform into anybody,someone dead which could clearly spook Batman - Joker or possibly more hazardous for Batman an ally Robin, Nightwing,Catwoman who knows, batman must keep constantly vigilant. Clayface is not limited by who he can morph into, he may even become the Batman himself ......

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3: 4/10
Last edited by Crane on Mar 5th, 2012, 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Made by Bane
Crane

Favourite Villain: ScarecrowTwoface
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKReturns

Postby KnightEdge » Mar 4th, 2012, 3:31 am

Possible role in Arkham 3:In Arkham City,he played the role of a lifetime as the clown prince of crime
And played an instrument to Batman's sickness.As many here know,Clayface fought Batman till he was knocked into the Lazarus pit.Since he is no longer human and isn't dead,The Lazarus pit could have quite an effect on the mind of Clayface.If he was to return,The Lazarus pit could play a role in the role of Clayface.He could still have the idea that he is the Joker and mark the return of Joker and Clayface.
Either way,Clayface will always be looking for the Role of a lifetime.Could A3 mark the role of a lifetime for Clayface or will it just be a bad review

Chances of appearing in A3:I'd give it a 5/10,since it could go either way for Karlo
Take Apart Your Head
KnightEdge

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Postby Paradox » Mar 4th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Essential Reading
Brightest Day: Batgirl

あなたをファック
Paradox

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby Maultest » Mar 4th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Possible roll: WIth him being thrown into the lazrus pit. ( that is if he survied. ) he could most likly be trying to heal up. He will have a camo at the most
Odds: 5/10
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby RAID3N » Mar 5th, 2012, 12:19 am

I think Clayface died, because right now I'm rewatching BTAS, and in one of the Ra's episodes Talia told Bruce that Lazarus Pit does brings back from the dead, but vice-versa it kills...
nevertheless Clayface isn't a simple human anymore, so there's still a possibility that he survived

chances of appearing 3/10
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby JokerAA30 » Mar 5th, 2012, 12:38 am

Chances of Appearing-------7/10

Clayface was a Damn good and Really Fun Boss Battle, since most of him was thrown in the lazarus pit, and some of him may have survived. Because this its most likely he will be recuperating and become and even bigger threat since the sequel may be an all out war.

:heath: :heath:
JokerAA30

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Blackest Night

Postby MKBAT » Mar 5th, 2012, 1:31 am

I hope he returns. He did say "NEXT I WILL BECOME YOU BATMAN"
Vote for DLC and the next batman game http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/539851
MKBAT

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Villains