Arkhamverse Allies #11: Batgirl

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #11: Batgirl

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 11th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Real Name - Cassandra Cain
Occupation - Batgirl
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Brown
Hair Colour - Black
Height - 5 ft 5in
Weight - 115 lbs
First Appearance - Batman #567 (July, 1999)
Attributes
- trained to be an elite assasin at the expense of any other knowledge, including language
- can 'read' body language
- one of the top five martial artists in the world

Arkham City Bio
N/A

Additional Information
The daughter of two of the world’s best killers, David Cain and Lady Shiva. Cain raised her with out language, only movement. She was an expert in many martial arts at an extremely young age and often watched him perform his hits. Escaping this life after her first kill, she roamed the world until she found herself in Gotham where, at seventeen, she was taken in by Oracle and given the new name, Batgirl.
She has only recently learnt how to talk, a feat that slightly effected her combat ability as it took away from her ability to 'read' body language and predict what a person will do next.
Despite their vast differences, Cassandra works well with Tim Drake as, after initial unease with each other, they have developed a mutual respect and have begun to instruct each other to suppliment the Batman's teachings. Cassandra takes her duties as Batgirl very seriously. She has no civillian life, but trains during the day and hunts criminals at night. Infact the only thing that gets in the way of her life as Batgirl is her rivalry with her mother, Lady Shiva.

Possible role in Arkham 3
Cassandra’s style fits the Arkhamverse perfectly, and she is certainly dark enough. Due to her poor language and detective skills Cassandra's involvement in any main story may be limited, but as the ninja-goddess of stealth and combat in the Bat-family, surely she'd be a shoe-in for Arkham Three's playable character DLC?

Essential reading
Batman: No Man's Land, Batgirl: Silent Running, Death Wish, Destruction’s Daughter, Batman: Gates of Gotham

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
4/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #11: Batgirl

Postby Andy » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Aaaah I remember when I first read NML and Cassandra Cain was intoduced. Loved the character, thought the premise of her being raised to read body language but not being able to speak was pretty unique.
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby arkhamcitydood » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:40 pm

I think Cass has a 6/10 chance of appearing. But its hard to tell. I dont think RS wants to introduce any more big heroes. I mean, Luicious Fox will proably be added. Speaking of which, I think I know who next weeks ally is..?
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Maultest » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Ahhh cassandra cain. Isn't she blackbat now ? At least I think so. I haven't been following after the New 52

-- Mar 14th, 2012, 3:44 pm --

arkhamcitydood wrote:I think Cass has a 6/10 chance of appearing. But its hard to tell. I dont think RS wants to introduce any more big heroes. I mean, Luicious Fox will proably be added. Speaking of which, I think I know who next weeks ally is..?

Care to enlighten us ?
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby arkhamcitydood » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Maultest wrote:Ahhh cassandra cain. Isn't she blackbat now ? At least I think so. I haven't been following after the New 52

arkhamcitydood wrote:I think Cass has a 6/10 chance of appearing. But its hard to tell. I dont think RS wants to introduce any more big heroes. I mean, Luicious Fox will proably be added. Speaking of which, I think I know who next weeks ally is..?

Care to enlighten us ?

With what?
arkhamcitydood

Postby Maultest » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:53 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:
Maultest wrote:Ahhh cassandra cain. Isn't she blackbat now ? At least I think so. I haven't been following after the New 52

Care to enlighten us ?

With what?

About who next weeks ally is ?
Maultest

Postby arkhamcitydood » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Maultest wrote:
arkhamcitydood wrote:

Care to enlighten us ?

With what?

Lucious Fox!
arkhamcitydood

Postby Maultest » Mar 14th, 2012, 8:56 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:
Maultest wrote:
arkhamcitydood wrote:

Care to enlighten us ?

With what?

Lucious Fox!

Maybe... maybe but let's let batvirl have her week in the spotlight
Maultest

Postby Recoil » Mar 14th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I hope Cassie makes it in. My dream list for A3 as far as playable characters go are Batman, Robin (Tim Drake), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), Nightwing, Azrael (Jean Paul Valley), and Huntress.

I know Valley will be replaced by Michael Lane, but I'd prefer old school Azrael.
It's not who I am underneath...it's what I do that defines me.
Recoil

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby TheJester » Mar 14th, 2012, 9:39 pm

It would definetly be interesting to see how Cassandra would look like in the Arkhamverse. The character could have a really good cameo, along with other members of the Bat family. I can't see her having key story involvement though, mainly due to her lack for words but also many non-Batman fan gamers may only be familiar with Barbara as Batgirl.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Andy » Mar 14th, 2012, 9:41 pm

If she was in it,at least they'd save money on her voice acting :oldyella:
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Mar 14th, 2012, 9:45 pm

TheJester wrote:It would definetly be interesting to see how Cassandra would look like in the Arkhamverse. The character could have a really good cameo, along with other members of the Bat family. I can't see her having key story involvement though, mainly due to her lack for words but also many non-Batman fan gamers may only be familiar with Barbara as Batgirl.

I doubt she'd be featured majorly in the plot, but most people know Dick Grayson as Robin and that worked out okay.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby MusicrazyTony90 » Mar 14th, 2012, 9:53 pm

I would love to see her in Arkham City but I hope Rocksteady decides not to change her costume too much I like how she looks in the pic above! :adam: :adam: :adam:
Men fear most what they cannot see. - Ra's Al Ghul
MusicrazyTony90

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Absolute Batman Hush

Postby Guest » Mar 14th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Great job guys I knew absolutely nothing about this chracter other than that she was the current Batgirl

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Mar 14th, 2012, 10:18 pm

I want her in the next game real bad. Her and Huntress.

Guest wrote:Great job guys I knew absolutely nothing about this chracter other than that she was the current Batgirl

She's not the current Batgirl, before the DC Reboot, it was Stephanie Brown, Tim Drake's girlfriend. After the reboot, it's Barbara Gordon again, made able to walk after being paralyzed by the Joker. (There's no more Oracle anymore, in the reboot.)

But That's not what is happening in the Arkham-verse right now, so I am sure Cassandra Cain will be the Batgirl, but it would be cool to have all 3 skins. Barbara, Cassandra and Stephanie's respective costumes.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Allies