Arkhamverse Allies #14: The Question

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #14: The Question

Postby Red_Robin » Mar 19th, 2012, 10:11 am

Real Name - Renée Maria Montoya
Occupation - Vigilante
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Brown
Hair Colour - Black
Height - 5 ft 8 in
Weight - 144 lbs
First Appearance - Batman #475 (March, 1992)
Attributes
- Former Detective in Gotham City PD's Major Crimes Unit
- Recovered alcoholic
- Keen detective
- Trained by former Question, Vic Sage

Arkham City Bio
N/A

Additional Information
Upon being promoted from the uniformed blues, Renée was initially partnered with Harvey Bullock. The two formed a friendship that outlasted both their later disgraces. Raised in Gotham by very conservative Dominican Republican parents, Renée's ties to the City ensured that she stayed during the No Man's Land. During this time, Renée began a tenuous friendship with Two-Face.
Harvey Dent's more fragile side saw something familiar in her and he fell love with her. Two-Face's insanity would not let Harvey act on these feelings in a reasoned way, however, and he grew to believe that the only way to win Renée's heart was by taking her friends, family and career away from her. In part of a cruel smear-campaign, he outed her as a lesbian to the public and had her framed for murder.
The downward spiral continued as Renée's partner, Crispus Allen, was killed by corrupt cop Jom Corrigan. The pain of losing a friend and the anger at it being covered up sent Renée over the edge. She resigned after breaking into Corrigan's house and nearly killing him. Her descent into anger and alcoholism pushed away her long-suffering girlfriend and left her alone.
The original Question, Vic Sage, took an interest in Renée as they followed clues on what turned out to be the same case. The two became close and he he mentored her into becoming a better detective. Knowing that he was dying, Sage chose Renée to succeed him as the Question even as she battled to carry him to the restorative waters in the lost temple of Nanda Parbat.

Possible role in Arkham 3
The Question has uncovered a cult following 'The Religion of Crime' who have begun recruitiing in Gotham and are building to a sacrifice that will bring about a new world order as prophesied in their Crime Bible. The Question's investigations cross paths with the Batman's as they realise links between the cultisits and not only the Order of Saint Dumas, but the followers of Ra's Al Ghul's League of Assassins as well. The Question would expand the Batman's detective skills by presenting challenges that actually require the player to think. A series of random mental challenges and decodable glyphs could deter players from seeking internet help and actually using their own powers of deduction to solve an in-game problem.

Essential reading
Batman: No Man's Land, Officer Down, Gotham Central, 52, Final Crisis: Revelations

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
5/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #14: The Question

Postby TheJester » Apr 4th, 2012, 6:13 pm

I think in all honesty, if the Question was to appear, I'd guess it would be the Vic Sage version due to the time period in the Arkhamverse.

A sidemission with him/her would be awesome though. I can imagine you having to do something simalar to Riddler's riddles, except with some sort of cool twist, multiple choice maybe?
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Maultest » Apr 4th, 2012, 7:22 pm

TheJester wrote:I think in all honesty, if the Question was to appear, I'd guess it would be the Vic Sage version due to the time period in the Arkhamverse.

A sidemission with him/her would be awesome though. I can imagine you having to do something simalar to Riddler's riddles, except with some sort of cool twist, multiple choice maybe?

Yeah I see what you mean. I always liked the question. She always seems to know everything.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Killa_Moff » Apr 4th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Vic Sage or nothing!
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby arkhamcitydood » Apr 4th, 2012, 9:06 pm

I'd like to do a detective mission with The Question. If I could imagine any voice of his, the first thing that comes to mind is Azreal's voice, only not as deep as that.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby ShadowRaven » Apr 4th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I prefer the Vic Sage Question. Especially if they go with the version from Justice League Unlimited.

arkhamcitydood wrote:I'd like to do a detective mission with The Question. If I could imagine any voice of his, the first thing that comes to mind is Azreal's voice, only not as deep as that.

Not a chance. They need to get Jeffrey Combs again. He voiced him in JLU and was awesome.
ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Killa_Moff » Apr 4th, 2012, 10:02 pm

ShadowRaven wrote:I prefer the Vic Sage Question. Especially if they go with the version from Justice League Unlimited.

YES! Jeffrey Combs was so awesome as Q.
"Please...i go through everyone's trash".
:oldyella:
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 4th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Jeffrey Combs is fantastic in everything he does. He's got understated threat and disguised hate nailed to a tee.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Arkham Maniac » Apr 4th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Has Montoya actually become The Question in the Arkhamverse yet? I don't seem to recall The Question being mentioned at all in any of the prequal comics or the actual games, Arkham Asylum and AC.
Arkham Maniac

Favourite Villain: Hush (Tommy Elliot)
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Earth One

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Apr 5th, 2012, 1:22 am

would be goood if he was in it
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Postby Maultest » Apr 5th, 2012, 3:59 am

Arkham Maniac wrote:Has Montoya actually become The Question in the Arkhamverse yet? I don't seem to recall The Question being mentioned at all in any of the prequal comics or the actual games, Arkham Asylum and AC.

Well just because he hasn't been refrenced doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Hush__ » Apr 5th, 2012, 4:38 am

I think that The Question would be an interesting addition...but I'm not sure there's room for her/him. With Alfred, Oracle, Robin, Nightwing, Azrael, and Catwoman already in the Arkhamverse, not to mention the possible additions of Batgirl or the Huntress, I think that there are already more than enough allies to fight alongside Batman. Maybe if Rocksteady decides to make more than three games we might see The Question appear, but I doubt she/he will be in the third one.
Check out the Batman: Arkhamverse facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkhamverse
Hush__

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush/TheKillingJoke

Postby batguy121 » Apr 5th, 2012, 6:25 am

[quote="Hush__"]I think that The Question would be an interesting addition...but I'm not sure there's room for her/him. With Alfred, Oracle, Robin, Nightwing, Azrael, and Catwoman [i]already[/i] in the Arkhamverse, not to mention the possible additions of Batgirl or the Huntress, I think that there are already more than enough allies to fight alongside Batman. Maybe if Rocksteady decides to make more than three games we might see The Question appear, but I doubt she/he will be in the third one.[/quote]
Don't forget the creeper .
batguy121

Postby Arkham Maniac » Apr 5th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Maultest wrote:
Arkham Maniac wrote:Has Montoya actually become The Question in the Arkhamverse yet? I don't seem to recall The Question being mentioned at all in any of the prequal comics or the actual games, Arkham Asylum and AC.

Well just because he hasn't been refrenced doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

Well i'm pretty sure if The Question did exist wouldn't they have fitted him/her somewhere in the games? i.e. as an easter egg perhaps? Hell, Sefton Hill did say that we've barely scratched the surface of the easter eggs so who knows, maybe there's a reference to The Question somewhere in the game that we haven't discovered yet! I mean I hope The Question IS in A3 because I think this could lead to many interesting plot devices and side missions (Which I hope ROCKSTEADY lengthen in A3, and add more of).
Arkham Maniac

Favourite Villain: Hush (Tommy Elliot)
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Earth One

Postby AbStar921 » Apr 5th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Ok, this just proves how much comic book people know that I don't. To me, Renee Montoya was a cool lady on the animated series. The Question sounds strange to me. I'd much rather see her team up with Harvey Bullock.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Allies