Arkhamverse Villians #6: Professor Pyg

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Villians #6: Professor Pyg

Postby CROD » Mar 4th, 2012, 2:54 am

man-bat204 wrote:I need to know what is his power and whey is a villian he looks lame

Anyways bring on Pyg and Son of Pyg! :pyg: oink
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Jabels » Mar 8th, 2012, 8:14 pm

man-bat204 wrote:I need to know what is his power

He's insane.

man-bat204 wrote:and whey is a villian

He's insane.

man-bat204 wrote:he looks lame

Because he's insane.
Jabels

Favourite Villain: Lord Death Man

Postby KingOfEngima411 » Mar 9th, 2012, 12:31 pm

6/10 He has a good story to start in A3
"I am man of few words,
but many riddles"
-Frank Gorshin

R.I.P Frank
KingOfEngima411

Favourite Villain: Riddler/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mr.Freeze

Postby GothamCityCitizen » Mar 11th, 2012, 7:30 am

3/10

I would love to see Professor Pyg make his way into Arkham 3 even if its a small cameo appearance/side mission.....I've just recently learned of the character and I can already tell he has great potential.....He definitely fits the dark mood and environment of these games and I can confidently say RS would do him great justice.....I'd be happy to see him get involved in the Arkhamverse and he's right up there on the top of my list of characters I want to see the most that have yet to appear(firefly, man-bat, killer moth, maxie zeus, professor pyg)

I know this has literally nothing to do with these games but in the game gotham city impostors(released last month) professor pyg has his own calling card background thought that was neat
100% Arkham Asylum
100% Arkham City
0% Internet help
GothamCityCitizen

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby JokerFan101 » Mar 11th, 2012, 11:46 pm

I think he is a good villain to face against Batman. Now that Joker is dead, another villain could be in the game to match his madness, and that is Professor Pyg! He's just ... completely insane! Although, I think he would be a side mission villain, rather than a main villain. Rocksteady can do a really good job with him. 4/10 chance of appearing. :pyg: *oink*
Thanks for the entertainment, Bats!~Joker
JokerFan101

Favourite Villain: Joker/Scarecrow

Postby Macknash » Mar 26th, 2012, 9:29 am

TheJester wrote:I dont quite know the charscter well enough to write an 'additional information', but I definetly believe Pyg is the greatest 'new' Batman villain in the 21st century.

I would say that Hush was the best 'new' villian.
I don't really like Pyg. He's too sick and greusome and he dosn't have Joker's comedic appeal to ease the crazy. I don't know if he will be in the new game. Don't Rocksteady not want an MA+ rating? So they couldn't really do a really crazy Pyg.
That actually is... pretty funny
Macknash

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby CROD » Mar 26th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Hush isn't new and Pyg isn't gruesome at least no more gruesome than Joker. The worst he did in the comics was put a doll mask on people. Hes sick yes but so are most of the villains in Arkahm City.

If anyone is sick and gruesome its Zsasz and he has a big part in the game.

I understand most of the people that dislike Pyg are either really young or don't know the character too well. What I don't understand is why these people speak out about him on this forum. To go against the grain? Why call him a pedophile or say hes far too gruesome for a game already featuring sick and twisted villains?

Hes going to be part of the upcoming animated Batman series FOR KIDS! For kids Pyg is ok but not for gamers? Hes not over the top sick and gruesome and hes not a pedo.

Go read the comics hes in because hes amazing and its still my favorite comic run of all time. Educate yourself people! :pyg: oink
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby themaddoc » Mar 27th, 2012, 5:34 pm

KHRIS wrote:Image

Hush isn't new and Pyg isn't gruesome at least no more gruesome than Joker. The worst he did in the comics was put a doll mask on people. Hes sick yes but so are most of the villains in Arkahm City.

I understand most of the people that dislike Pyg are either really young or don't know the character too well. What I don't understand is why these people speak out about him on this forum. To go against the grain? Why call him a pedophile or say hes far too gruesome for a game already featuring sick and twisted villains?

Hes going to be part of the upcoming animated Batman series FOR KIDS! For kids Pyg is ok but not for gamers? Hes not over the top sick and gruesome and hes not a pedo.

Go read the comics hes in because hes amazing and its still my favorite comic run of all time. Educate yourself people! :pyg: oink

Thank you Khris. I was starting to loose fath. A lot of the dislike seems to be following the crowd without doing research on the character. A lot of Pyg's horror is implied rather then shown. While it's horrific it's no worse then some of the stuff Joker or Killer Croc get up to behind the scenes.
someone dislikes him because he's a 'pedophile' (which he is not, just potentually sexually frustrated) then saying that the Mad Hatter is an underrated villian suggest did not do research.

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Mar 27th, 2012, 7:22 pm

KHRIS wrote:Image

Well actually he was talking about the best new person in the 21st century and since Hush was introduced in 2003, well...your wrong..... no offence
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Postby CROD » Mar 28th, 2012, 6:57 am

themaddoc wrote:Thank you Khris. I was starting to loose fath. A lot of the dislike seems to be following the crowd without doing research on the character. A lot of Pyg's horror is implied rather then shown. While it's horrific it's no worse then some of the stuff Joker or Killer Croc get up to behind the scenes.
someone dislikes him because he's a 'pedophile' (which he is not, just potentually sexually frustrated) then saying that the Mad Hatter is an underrated villian suggest did not do research.

I know I hate posting the same thing in different threads but hopefully I push people to actually read the comics. :adam:

arkham maniac 22 wrote:Well actually he was talking about the best new person in the 21st century and since Hush was introduced in 2003, well...your wrong..... no offence

Ok... well I guess the first three words of my long paragraph deserved a rebuttal. :oldyella:
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby The Oracle » Mar 28th, 2012, 7:58 am

I LOVE Pyg. I hope he's in A3, we'll just have to wait and see though.

-- Mar 28th, 2012, 12:00 am --

man-bat204 wrote:I need to know what is his power and whey is a villian he looks lame

Powers? It's a BATMAN villain, a lot of them have no powers. It's easier to list the ones that have super powers (not counting items like Fear Gas).
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby poisonivymadhatter » Apr 12th, 2012, 9:37 pm

jokerandco wrote:oh come on what about killer croc the riddler zsaze bane ras al goul clayface scarface hugo strange the peinguin solomon grundy calinder man black mask deadshot mad hatter hush the abramovici twins and black mask

you know i think this site has a thing for Prof Pyg they even made a smilie for him :pyg: yet there is no hatter. Even though he is not an arkhamverse villain. Althogh i thinks its good they are thinking of other ideas but i agree do the ones that achually appear. rant over :ivy:
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

thanks BANE
poisonivymadhatter

Favourite Villain: Ivy, Quinn, Talia
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Postby TheJester » Apr 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Reading through this topic, it kinda makes me sad to see 'No he sucks', 'Hes lame' etc with no justification whatsoever... :-?

I think people need to read Grant Morrison's work with Pyg in before actually making judgements. He's an awesome character, and as I've said before, he would fit well with the theme of the Arkhamverse. Heck, he's gonna be in a KIDS show for christs sake! Pyg is in my top five villains I want to see in A3, why? Because Rocksteady can make him cooler, darker and more insane than he already is :pyg:

Don't know if that would be a good thing necessarily though :lol:
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Harvey's Bad-Side » Apr 26th, 2012, 8:33 pm

I must admit when I first heard little tidbits about the character I thought he was a stupid character with a stupid sounding name with a stupid looking mask and therefore is a stupid villain.
BUT...after researching him a little bit and reading a bit more into him, I've actually come to like him and wouldn't say no to an appearance in A3! Or a future film for that matter.
Upon hearing he's in BTB, it cements my thinking of it being crap. They probably won't do the character any justice, as well as the other flaws I can see in it.

Cheers Maultest!
Harvey's Bad-Side

Favourite Villain: The Joker/Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby CROD » Apr 27th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Thank you for actually reading up on the character before commenting! May this thread never die!

:pyg: oink
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Arkhamverse Villains