Arkhamverse Allies #15: Talia Al Ghul

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #15: Talia Al Ghul

Postby Red_Robin » Mar 31st, 2012, 7:47 am

Real Name - Talia Al Ghul
Occupation - Assassin
Based in - Mobile
Eye Colour - Green
Hair Colour - Brown
Height - 5 ft 7 in
Weight - 141 lbs
First Appearance - Detective Comics #411 (May, 1971)
Attributes
- Trained in stealth and combat by the League of Assassins
- Ruthless and brilliant tactician
- Runs legitimate business empires of the League

Arkham City Bio
The headstrong daughter of Rāʾs Al Ghul and on-again/off-again lover of Bruce Wayne, Talia Al Ghul is second in command of the League of Assassins.
A master of hand-to-hand combat and swordplay, Talia has dueled with Batman of several occasions and considers him an honourable opponent.
Despite Batman's elusiveness, her attraction to him has only increased - an attraction that her father encourages in his mad quest for a male heir.
Talia knows that one day she may be forced to choose between her father and her beloved.

Additional Information
At one point, her father matched her for marriage with Bane before she spurned him in favour of Batman and he began hunting down and destroying Lazarus Pits.
Talia aided her sister, Nyssa, in the murder of their father Ra's Al Ghul and the take-over of the League of Assassins. Despite this, she still welcomed him upoon his resurrection.
Under the name Talia Head, she ran LexCorp whilst Lex Luthor was in Presidential office and during his subsequent run from the law. The control of business in order to shape the world is one skill inwhich Talia surpasses her father.
Through all this, Talia has been conflicted by her love for Batman and her loyality to her father and his cause.

Possible role in Arkham 3
After being betrayed by her father and disappointed by Batman during the events of the Arkham City disaster, Talia has taken her fiercely loyal Honour Guard out of the service of the League of Assassins and struck out on her own. The ninja of the Honour Guard who rescued Talia, and restored her in the Lazarus Pit before the end of Batman's battle with Clayface, have been promoted to lead their own divisions or go deep undercover in key governments and corporations as Talia seeks to topple both the League of Assassins and the Order of St Dumas in a bid to shape the world to her own Utopia. Her former beloved Batman forms a fragile alliance with Talia in order to combat the return of Rāʾs Al Ghul and rekindle their romance.

Essential reading
Tales of the Demon, Bride of the Demon, Bane of the Demon, Death and the Maidens, Villians United, Batman & Son, The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul and Birth of the Demon & Son of the Demon (non-Canon).

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
5/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #15: Talia Al Ghul

Postby arkhamcitydood » Apr 12th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Awe, RR does the Al Ghul family this week. She is dead, and even though she had a long appearence compared to... others, her role was pretty much pointless. All she did was save Bruce once and died.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby BoyWonder1234 » Apr 12th, 2012, 2:34 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:Awe, RR does the Al Ghul family this week. She is dead, and even though she had a long appearence compared to... others, her role was pretty much pointless. All she did was save Bruce once and died.

She has access to a Lazarus Pit and tbh I want her back. She's a good character.

Ra's can stay dead though.
BoyWonder1234

Favourite Villain: Anti-Suave Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman : Suave

Postby Harvey's Bad-Side » Apr 12th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I think she'll be back, I hope she does, she's a good character and can easily be brought back via Lazarus Pit.

Cheers Maultest!
Harvey's Bad-Side

Favourite Villain: The Joker/Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby RAID3N » Apr 12th, 2012, 5:18 pm

BoyWonder1234 wrote:
arkhamcitydood wrote:Awe, RR does the Al Ghul family this week. She is dead, and even though she had a long appearence compared to... others, her role was pretty much pointless. All she did was save Bruce once and died.

She has access to a Lazarus Pit and tbh I want her back. She's a good character.

this /\
And I really don't want Ra's back...
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby TheJester » Apr 12th, 2012, 5:27 pm

I do believe Talia will return for A3; her death in Arkham City didn't seem as 'dramatic' as the others, and a quick trip to the Lazurus pit will soon sort her out. We only saw Talia's guards in Arkham City, and in all likelihood they would be more likely to resurrect her rather than her father first.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BobtheSaget » Apr 12th, 2012, 5:29 pm

BartMan992 wrote:
BoyWonder1234 wrote:

this /\

Well who else could do a good job of being the lead villain? (Besides Scarecrow)
Batman's fight isn't easy. So lets make it harder.
BobtheSaget

Favourite Villain: All of them
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby RAID3N » Apr 12th, 2012, 5:32 pm

BobtheSaget wrote:
BartMan992 wrote:
BoyWonder1234 wrote:

this /\

Well who else could do a good job of being the lead villain? (Besides Scarecrow)

Hush, duh

The two-main-villains thing was a FAIL - Strange was a total pussy, and Ra's...well he appeared only two times in the game, and in both scenes he acted like a coward. The only main villain for me personally was Joker - his masterplan of convincing Bats to find the cure for him worked...sort of...
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby Maultest » Apr 12th, 2012, 6:21 pm

I knew she would be this week... I hope she comes back though.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby The Scarred Side » Apr 12th, 2012, 9:15 pm

[quote\]
I knew she would be this week... [/quote]

HOW DID YOU KNOW?

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby Benji » Apr 12th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Seeing as though Hush is posing as Bruce, I can see her acting as a spy to find out what he's upto.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Guest » Apr 12th, 2012, 9:45 pm

[quote="BartMan992"]
The two-main-villains thing was a [b][color=#FF0000]FAIL[/color][/b] - Strange was a total pussy, and Ra's...well he appeared only two times in the game, and in both scenes he acted like a coward. The only main villain for me personally was Joker - his masterplan of convincing Bats to find the cure for him worked...sort of...[/quote]
I thought the two-main villains thing was good, if not great. Sure, the story didn't go the way you expected it to and there really should've been more of a fight with Hugo, but that doesn't mean it completely sucked. There was almost no point at all in the game where Strange didn't look like he was in control. Even while he was lying on the floor, stabbed and betrayed by his master, he wasn't out. He had a back-up protocol.

Joker was not a main villain. He was just trying to get things done just like Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, and Mr. Freeze (And all the other inmates) were. The only reason you were even anywhere near these guys was because of Strange and Ra's.

Postby BobtheSaget » Apr 12th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Guest wrote:
BartMan992 wrote:The two-main-villains thing was a FAIL - Strange was a total pussy, and Ra's...well he appeared only two times in the game, and in both scenes he acted like a coward. The only main villain for me personally was Joker - his masterplan of convincing Bats to find the cure for him worked...sort of...

I thought the two-main villains thing was good, if not great. Sure, the story didn't go the way you expected it to and there really should've been more of a fight with Hugo, but that doesn't mean it completely sucked. There was almost no point at all in the game where Strange didn't look like he was in control. Even while he was lying on the floor, stabbed and betrayed by his master, he wasn't out. He had a back-up protocol.

Joker was not a main villain. He was just trying to get things done just like Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, and Mr. Freeze (And all the other inmates) were. The only reason you were even anywhere near these guys was because of Strange and Ra's.

I disagree Joker was a core character, and Rocksteady had to put him in the limelight anyway (If you beat the game you'll agree)
Batman's fight isn't easy. So lets make it harder.
BobtheSaget

Favourite Villain: All of them
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby AbStar921 » Apr 12th, 2012, 11:50 pm

If she reappears, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that she'll be another anti-hero/romantic foil for Mr Wayne.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Fozzie026 » Apr 13th, 2012, 12:45 am

If Talia is is Arkham 3, hopefully she'll replace Catwoman as the playable character.
Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.
Fozzie026

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Allies