Arkhamverse Allies #17: Red Hood

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #17: Red Hood

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 5th, 2012, 11:02 am

Real Name - Jason Peter Todd
Occupation - Vigilante
Based in - Mobile
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Black (naturally strawberry-blonde)
Height - 6 ft 0 in
Weight - 225 lbs
First Appearance - Batman #401 (November, 1986)
Attributes
- The second Robin
- trained by Batman in martial arts and detection
- Killed by Joker and resurrected in Lazarus Pit
- Resurrection brought a moral ambiguity

Arkham City Bio
N/A

Additional Information
After Dick left to become Nightwing, he was replaced in his role as Robin by a tough little kid who lived on the streets. The first time Batman meets Jason Todd, he is trying to steal the tyres off the Batmobile. His mother had left and his father had been killed by Two-Face. Jason proved to be a rebellious, angry Robin. He jumped the gun, disobeyed orders and even let a man fall to his death. Whilst on a quest to find his mother, he was killed by the Joker, who beat him to death with a crowbar.
The death of Jason drove Batman over the edge and it was only the intervention of Superman that prevented Bruce from killing the Joker. A memorial was errected in the cave and his death cast a shadow over the lives of Batman's allies for years.
It later transpired that Ra's and Talia al Ghul had resurrected Jason using a Lazarus Pit, but kept it a secret from Batman because it had seemingly brought him back with mental impairments. Slowly his physical memory came back and when was trained to fight to a better standard than he had previously been capable. His mental faculties returned when he was forced into the Lazarus Pit a second time and subsequently escaped. Upon returning to civilisation he was soon able to learn that Joker was still alive and that he had been replaced as Robin. His mind was fragile from the trauma of the Pit and he began making the wrong choices. Setting himself up as the Red Hood, he launched a campaign of blood against Joker, Batman and the criminals of Gotham; killing them whenever possible as his own solution to Batman's War of Crime.

Possible role in Arkham 3
1 - as Robin, killed by the Joker in a Scarecrow induced hallucination.
2 - as the Red Hood; with the Joker dead, Jason believes that Bruce has finally taken revenge for his death and forgives him for letting him die, giving up his vendetta against Batman. Returning to Gotham, he follows Batman in order to reintroduce himself when he is attacked by agents of the Order of St Dumas. As Jason no longer holds to Batman's moral stand points, he kills his attackers. This display of brutality get him an inroad with Black Mask's gang. Jason joins up, intending to bring them down from the inside and prove to Batman that he is ready to return to service.

Essential reading
Batman: A Death in the Family, Batman: Under the Hood, Teen Titans (Volume 3) #29, Nightwing: Brothers in Blood, Red Hood: The Lost Days, Robin: Search for a Hero, Battle for the Cowl, Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn, Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
5/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #17: Red Hood

Postby Big Old Bad Bat » May 2nd, 2012, 8:27 pm

I really hope he does appear in A3, even a playble character :adam: :adam: :adam:
Do you like WAFFLES!!!
Big Old Bad Bat

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Deadshot
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Enigma » May 2nd, 2012, 8:31 pm

Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3:
4/10

Red_Robin wrote:2 - as the Red Hood; with the Joker dead, Jason believes that Bruce has finally taken revenge for his death and forgives him for letting him die, giving up his vendetta against Batman.

I don't believe I've never thought about it this way until you said it, it's so obvious. It'll be interesting if they do include Jason because with this in mind they can tell a completelt original tale with Red Hood and Batman.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Maultest » May 2nd, 2012, 8:34 pm

He was such a great antihero. hope he has a cameo at least
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Robinhood » May 2nd, 2012, 8:48 pm

Red Hood one of the best Batman characters ever (in my opinion). If RS uses him, I hope they do it right.
Robinhood

Favourite Villain: Mad Hatter
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman:Hush

Postby BoyWonder1234 » May 2nd, 2012, 8:54 pm

I hope he is. Srsly.
Also my profile pic is one of the pics! It's from Teen Titans (cant remember issue) where Jason fought Tim.
BoyWonder1234

Favourite Villain: Anti-Suave Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman : Suave

Postby RAID3N » May 2nd, 2012, 9:01 pm

Attributes: after his resurrection he was trained to be an assassin by ancient monks of All-Caste

Chances of appearing in Arkham 3 - 4/10: as much as I would LOVE to see an Arkhamverse interpretation of Jason, there kinda isn't much plot space to put him in. Maybe as one of Scarecrow's nightmare and after that a full-on fight with present day version of him(once again, reason?)
Last edited by RAID3N on May 2nd, 2012, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby arkhamcitydood » May 2nd, 2012, 9:03 pm

I have hopes. Not extremely high ones, but hopes. I'd say 5.5-6/10. It would be great to have him working with Hush.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Captian Bruce » May 2nd, 2012, 9:09 pm

Enigma wrote:Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3:
4/10

Red_Robin wrote:2 - as the Red Hood; with the Joker dead, Jason believes that Bruce has finally taken revenge for his death and forgives him for letting him die, giving up his vendetta against Batman.

I don't believe I've never thought about it this way until you said it, it's so obvious. It'll be interesting if they do include Jason because with this in mind they can tell a completelt original tale with Red Hood and Batman.

Or he could be mad at batman for cheating out of his revenge, and try to kill him.
Captian Bruce

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby BoyWonder1234 » May 2nd, 2012, 10:31 pm

Captian Bruce wrote:
Enigma wrote:Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3:
4/10

Or he could be mad at batman for cheating out of his revenge, and try to kill him.

Red Hood doesn't hate Batman.
BoyWonder1234

Favourite Villain: Anti-Suave Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman : Suave

Postby Guest » May 2nd, 2012, 10:32 pm

I disagree, the best possible role would be a villain, let him become our friend next game if they want to do that.

Postby TheJester » May 2nd, 2012, 10:56 pm

I'd love to see his death in some sort of flashback scene; as grim as it sounds, it would be a very interesting scene to watch and I'm sure Rocksteady would do it justice. I think his appearance as the Red Hood is more likely though; never actually thought of your idea R_R, it's an intriguing concept.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Henbane » May 2nd, 2012, 11:14 pm

Red Hood is the best! Love the Red Hood and the Outlaws series! :D
Henbane

Postby Shadow of the Bat » May 3rd, 2012, 12:06 am

No i'll say
chances of appearing 8/10 cuz we have afew hints in AC and i really hope the arkham games include him, i wanna see the arkham red hood anc including him in would make a total sucess
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby TheRedHood » May 3rd, 2012, 12:14 am

Finally. I've been waiting for this one!! As you can tell by my name, i love The Red Hood. He is a great character and i'm really hoping he makes at the least an appearance in A3! I hope he would be a playable character though. Either way it would be great to see The Red Hood!
TheRedHood

Favourite Villain: The Red Hood

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Allies