Arkhamverse Villains #16: Mad Hatter

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #16: Mad Hatter

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 5th, 2012, 11:04 am

Real Name - Jervis Tetch
Occupation - Professional Criminal
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Red
Height - 4 ft 11 in
Weight - 115 lbs
First Appearance - Batman #49 (November 1948)
Attributes
- Master of hypnotism and mind control
- obsessed with hats, especially one-of-a-kind items
- delusional schizophrenic with a fixation on Alice in Wonderland

Arkham City Bio
Obsessed from a young age with Lewis Carroll's book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Jervis Tetch, an expert hypnotist, embraced a delusion that he was the incarnation of a character in the story, the Mad Hatter.
Using his skills for mesmerism, the Mad hatter had committed manu, crimes often themed around the book that inspired him and his love for hats and head gear, going so far as to implant his hats with mind-control chips to amplify his hypnosis skills.
Above all other headwear, however, he covets Batman's distinctive cowl and will stop at nothing to acquire it.

Additional Information
Tetch's obsession with Carroll's novels often leaves him quoting and making references to the books spontaneously, and sometimes even fails to discern between these stories and reality. His fascination with hats can also be severely extreme; when in the Secret Six, he would not eat a piece of food that does not have a hat on it, and refused to look at his naked teammate Knockout as she wasn't wearing any headgear. His quest to find Alice has pedophiliac tendencies, hunting down young girls (in one case, a young Barbara Gordon) and forcing them to dress for a Tea Party - though most will never leave alive. Thanks to TheJester.

Possible role in Arkham 3
After a series of kidnappings that included criminals, members of the public certain former Batgirl, Batman follows clues that lead him to the abandoned maze in Robinson Park. Batman would have to fight his way through brainwashed Wonderland characters to get to the centre of the hedge maze to find Mad Hatter having a tea party with a sedated Oracle (dressed as Alice). As Hatter sees that Batman is winning, he changes tactics and flips a 'suicide switch' on the brainwashed captives. Batman would then have stop them from hurting themselves by removing the weapons from their hands, stop them from jumping onto spiked ornaments and once close enough, remove the mindcontrol headgear. Section written by Red_Robin.

Essential reading
Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On A Serious Earth, The Long Halloween, Streets of Gotham #4, Robin: Year One, Secret Six Volume 3 Thanks to TheJester.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
7/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #16: Mad Hatter

Postby jay jay » Apr 20th, 2012, 2:19 pm

he should have a big role. I guess 8/10
jay jay

Postby The Scarred Side » Apr 20th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Well I doubt we'll see him again... Maybe another side mission though?

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby Benji » Apr 20th, 2012, 3:22 pm

7/10 After his character was done so well in Arkham City, but yet his actual side mission was a bit of a let down, he could be used so much more, and it's clear that Rocksteady can think of great ways to use him, such as the scrapped maze idea from Arkham Asylum, how Jervis was involved with Hugo Stranges plans, and how it possibly seemed like Mad Hatter would be kidnapping Vicki Vale. He's a great villain with great potential, it would be a shame if Rocksteady were to blunder things up a second time round and not give him the screentime he deserves.

Possible Role - The authorities could be interrogating him about Stranges plans and any possible ifiliation with Quincy Sharp, or he could just be searching for his 'Alice'.

Essential Reading - The Long Halloween

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Maultest » Apr 20th, 2012, 3:50 pm

8/10 he is very populer. He was well made in AC as well as voiced he could be a good side mission like resucing multiple "alices"
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Harvey's Bad-Side » Apr 20th, 2012, 3:51 pm

He could be loose around Gotham helplessly, desperately and ruthlessly searching for his Alice. Which could lead to a better side mission than what we had in AC.

Essential reading: The Long Halloween, Haunted Knight, Arkham Asylum.

Chances of Appearing: 8/10.

Cheers Maultest!
Harvey's Bad-Side

Favourite Villain: The Joker/Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby arkhamcitydood » Apr 20th, 2012, 7:50 pm

Hmm, I really want to say 10/10. Not sure if that's good though. Because everyone enjoyed Mad Hatter's five minutes of showtime. If you didn't, I hope you seek immediate help.
His role will definetely be bigger, whether its in a side-mission or not is a mystery.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby CreedMorganna » Apr 20th, 2012, 8:00 pm

I actually didn't like him he just seemed to try to take Scarecrow's place dont thing he could play a large role 2/10
Victory always comes at a sacrifice, what will yours be?
CreedMorganna

Favourite Villain: The Joker (YSoSrius)
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby Enigma » Apr 20th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Chances of Appearing in Arkham 3:
6/10

Everyone would love to see him again, since, admittedly, his side mission was a little underwhelming. Though there's a chance he'll be stealing Scarecrow's schtick, since he's looking like a major player in the after-events of AC.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Batboy » Apr 21st, 2012, 9:58 am

he should only get a big role if he will be better than in AC.... :batman:
Batboy

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow Mad Hatter
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Hush

Postby johnsyggel » Apr 21st, 2012, 11:49 am

Chances 6/10
I can't see how he could be in A3,but i'd like him to be.Many people want him to be part of the main story,not only as a side mission.Besides,i love his voice(long live Peter MacNicol)!
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby GothamCityCitizen » Apr 21st, 2012, 8:45 pm

7/10

I expect to see him make a return in A3.....I loved his side mission in AC and I really could only see RS using him as another good side mission in A3 and not really tying into the main plot

I love the way he was portrayed in AC and I think their taking the character in the right direction
100% Arkham Asylum
100% Arkham City
0% Internet help
GothamCityCitizen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby TheJester » Apr 22nd, 2012, 4:52 pm

Been a while since I did one of these. 

Additional Information:
Tetch's obsession with Carroll's novels often leaves him quoting and making references to the books spontaneously, and sometimes even fails to discern between these stories and reality. His fascination with hats can also be severely extreme; when in the Secret Six, he would not eat a piece of food that does not have a hat on it, and refused to look at his naked teammate Knockout as she wasn't wearing any headgear. His quest to find Alice has pedophiliac tendencies, hunting down young girls (in one case, a young Barbara Gordon) and forcing them to dress for a Tea Party - though most will never leave alive. 

Possible Role in A3: 
The Mad Hatter is still without his Alice, and he can't stand her being late any longer. Most likely, Batman will have to fight through a twisted Wonderland in the hopes of saving a young girl's life (or maybe even a key female character) from Hatter's grasp. 

Essential Reading:
Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On A Serious Earth, The Long Halloween, Streets of Gotham #4, Robin: Year One, Secret Six Volume 3 

Chances Of Appearing: 4/10

His character was perfect in AC but definitely needed a stronger side mission.  Hopefully he'll be more than a cameo in the next game.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Guest » Apr 23rd, 2012, 4:47 pm

I'd love it if the Mad Hatter returned. Peter MacNicol was amazing and I'd love to hear him in the role again. One of my favorite voices in the game (which is saying a lot because there were so many great ones).

Postby KingOfEngima411 » Apr 24th, 2012, 1:33 am

I give him 6/10 but I do honestly love Mad Hatter after watching BTAS. He will probably be another side mission but I do hope he can be in the main mission.
Last edited by KingOfEngima411 on May 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am man of few words,
but many riddles"
-Frank Gorshin

R.I.P Frank
KingOfEngima411

Favourite Villain: Riddler/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mr.Freeze

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Villains