Arkhamverse Villains #18: Deadshot

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #18: Deadshot

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 5th, 2012, 11:10 am

Real Name - Floyd Lawton
Occupation - Mercenary
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Black
Height - 6 ft 1 in
Weight - 193 lbs
First Appearance - Batman #58 (July 1950)
Attributes
- Master marksman
- expert with all firearms and projectiles

Arkham City Bio
Floyd Lawton is the deadliest gun-for-hire in the world.
He never misses a shot, especially with his pair of silenced, wrist mounted 9mm cannons. Deadshot disdains himself almost as much as his corrupt targets; several prison psychologists have diagnosed him with "suicidal tendencies".
Batman is the only person who has made Deadshot miss... a distinction that puts the Dark Knight at the top of Deadshot's hit list.

Additional Information
“I never miss” is Deadshot’s creed. A world-class marksman with any kind of weapon, Floyd Lawton is anything but lawful. Deadshot killed his brother accidentally as a child. His mother asked him to kill his father when he was young but missed the shot and wound up killing his brother while his father stayed alive. He reappeared many years later at a party in Bruce Wayne's Manor where after stopping a group of burglars he gained confidence in his firearm skills. Years later Floyd Lawton surfaced as a new crime fighter in Gotham City and gained more publicity than even Batman himself. However Deadshot secretly took bribes from gangs and Commisioner Gordon and Batman worked together to expose Deadshot's scheme. After his incarceration Deadshot was recruited by Amanda Waller to join her Suicide Squad on multiple occasions. With his signature wrist-mounted guns and red eyepiece, this villain is easily distinguished but not easily apprehended. If he’s been paid, nothing will stop him from taking out his target, except the Dark Knight that is. Batman has so far been the only person to interfere with Deadshot’s plans successfully, and one can be sure that sparks (and bullets) will fly next time the World’s Greatest Assassin and the World’s Greatest Detective meet. Thanks to Hush__ and TBlake.

Possible role in Arkham 3
Seeking revenge against Batman for "making him miss" and locking him up in a train car, Deadshot will be much more careful next time around. The World's Greatest Assassin would thrive in a game set in the whole of Gotham: Political assassinations, killing rival gang-leaders (for whoever hired him), and never leaving any trace of his presence, Deadshot could be quite the asset for any gang leader in Gotham. Whether it's Black Mask, Two-Face, Penguin, or any of Gotham's other super villains, Deadshot could be a perfect way to introduce a little chaos into the next game: what would happen if the man-who-never-misses was hired to take out other crime bosses? Rocksteady killed off the Joker and using Deadshot to take out Black Mask or Two-Face or maybe even Robin or Catwoman could add a lot of drama to a new storyline. Imagine, interrogating a major crime boss to find out what's happening in the city when BANG they get shot and Gotham continues towards chaos. Wouldn't a whole bunch of high-profile killings with no way to stop them make for a great story? The suspense at who was going to die next and the race to stop it could be so much more than finding a phone with all of the targets listed for you. A good assassin is such a useful tool and it would be a shame to see Deadshot portrayed as he was in the last game again. Thanks to Hush__.

Essential reading
Deadshot Volume 1, Deadshot Volume 2, Suicide Squad Volumes 1-3, Villains United and Secret Six. Thanks to TBlake.

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
5/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #18: Deadshot

Postby Maultest » May 14th, 2012, 12:19 pm

INFO: He was asked to kill his own father by his mother when he was a child. In hope of protecting his brother he locked him in a shed. Just as he was about to kill his father. His brother escaped and was than sadly shot in the head. Dead upon impacl he had killed the brother he loved to save the father he had hated. This began he cold path to becoming the world's 2nd greatest assassin it also played a part in his sucidal life.
CHANCE: 6/10
READING: Suicide Sqaud
ROLE: swearing revenge on batman, he will escape and begin his work killing peole until batman cacths on. This Time he will not be as sloppy as he was in AC ( leaving evidence and stuff ) and will untimatly do what he can to kill batman.
Last edited by Maultest on May 15th, 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Dick » May 14th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Additional information: He initially appeared in Gotham City as a new crimefighter, but was revealed to be an enemy of Batman when he attempted to replace the Dark Knight. When this plan failed, he attempted to become king of Gotham's Underworld. Batman and Commissioner Gordon publicly exposed his plot, and he was sent to prison. After serving his jail time, he went out in the world and became an assassin for hire and joined the Suicide Squad.

Essential Readings: Suicide Squad, Batman: Cacophony

Chances of appearing: I'd say about 4/10

Another attribute of his is that he has best mustache in the DC Universe.
Last edited by Dick on May 14th, 2012, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2012, 2:45 pm

As youbcan see deadshot is insanely awesome and would love to see him return

Postby Big Old Bad Bat » May 14th, 2012, 4:03 pm

7/10 on appearing in A3 but if they do they need to make him as cool as he is in the comics!! :batman2:
Do you like WAFFLES!!!
Big Old Bad Bat

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Deadshot
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby MrHolmes623 » May 14th, 2012, 4:35 pm

I'd give him a 9/10 chance of being in Arkham 3 ...when have you known a villain to swear revenge on a hero and didn't follow through ?
MrHolmes623

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman/Judge Dredd

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » May 14th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Possible role in Arkham 3
If Hush is the main villain in Arkham 3 he could have found some of Hugo Strange's notes and now he wants to discover Bruce Wayne's identity as Batman by himself. After Hugo's death TYGER could work for him and it would be cool if Deadshot would be one of the supreme commanders (besides a smart Bane and Prometheus). Hush could test Batman to discover him. Maybe Bane tests his strength, Prometheus his intelligence and Deadshot could test his agility in a Stealth fight. As a TYGER commander he would do many crimes to get Batman's attention. A possibility would be that Penguin promotes some perverse manhunts in his hideout. Who ever kills all hostages in it becomes some money for winning Cobblepot's "game". And a manhunt like this would be a perfect setting for the ultimate fight between the best detective and the best assassin.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby arkhamcitydood » May 14th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Chances of Appearing: 5/10

Possible Role: Revenge. Except if he returns I expect his role to be bigger. Either as a character in the main story, or just a longer sidemission.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Benji » May 14th, 2012, 8:43 pm

2/10

Along with Bane, his character design in the Arkhamverse disappointed me. He could have been so much better, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't want to see him return. I'd rather see Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Scarecrow112 » May 15th, 2012, 8:10 am

Chances of appearing in A3: 5/10
Thanks to Maultest for the awesome sig
Scarecrow112

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death of the Family

Postby Catwoman » May 15th, 2012, 10:43 am

Deadshot is currently my favorite rogue in batman's gallery. He needs to return along with two-face or i will be severly dissapointed.
Catwoman

Favourite Villain: Two-face, Deadshot
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby AbStar921 » May 15th, 2012, 12:11 pm

I wasn't a huge fan of him in Arkham City but that's probably because when Deadshot was announced I was like "Great. Who's he?" He had a pretty cool design and I did enjoy tracking him down but that 'boss fight'....yeah, I'll say no more.
Deadshot may reappear, but I don't know what else Rocksteady could do with him.
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS?! No thank you!

AbStar921

Favourite Villain: Joker, Harley Quinn

Postby bradleylovejokerlol » May 15th, 2012, 8:15 pm

i think role in A3 is
5/10
bradleylovejokerlol

Postby TBlake » May 15th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Additional Information: Deadshot killed his brother accidentally as a child. His mother asked him to kill his father when he was young but missed the shot and wound up killing his brother while his father stayed alive. He reappeared many years later at a party in Bruce Wayne's Manor where after stopping a group of burglars he gained confidence in his firearm skills. Years later Floyd Lawton surfaced as a new crime fighter in Gotham City and gained more publicity than even Batman himself. However Deadshot secretly took bribes from gangs and Commisioner Gordon and Batman worked together to expose Deadshot's scheme. After his incarceration Deadshot was recruited by Amanda Waller to join her Suicide Squad on multiple occasions.
Essential Reading: Deadshot Volume 1, Deadshot Volume 2, Suicide Squad Volumes 1-3 and Villains United.
Chances of Appearing: 7/10
Possible Role: After being taken down by Batman during the events of Arkham City, Deadshot swears his revenge on Batman and plans to ultimately take down Batman. Deadshot targets many prominent people or citizens in order to lure Batman into a trap and try to kill Batman.
TBlake

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby TheJester » May 15th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Ah, Deadshot. His side mission was entertaining, though the conclusion was less than spectacular. As others have said, there isn't much more they could do with the character. A cameo would be nice though.

Chances Of Appearing: 2/10

He is amazingly epic in the Suicide Squad though; I'd highly recommend all the issues he appears in. (Not sure what to think of his escapade with Harley in the New 52 Issue 3 though :-|)
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Villains