Arkhamverse Villains #23: Hammer & Sickle

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #23: Hammer & Sickle

Postby Red_Robin » May 12th, 2012, 11:15 am

Real Name - Given names unknown; Surname - Abramovici
Occupation - Professional Criminals
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Brown
Hair Colour - None
Height - 6 ft 10 in
Weight - 290 lbs
First Appearance - Batman: Arkham City (October 2011)
Attributes
- Seperated conjoined twins have one arm each
- Large scar on one side where they were surgically seperates
- Mammoth physical strength and stamina

Arkham City Story
Andrei Abramovici was a respected man in a small Siberian village where he lived with his pregnant wife. When word reached Andrei that his wife was in labour, he rushed home, excited to be at her side, but was met only by the midwife. his wife had not survived the birth; complications due to the special nature of his newborn sons were to blame.
Pushing into the room, he found his twin sons, joined at the shoulder, screaming for their mother.
He took the twins and left town. Crying, he stood on a bridge over the freezing cold river and contemplated throwing them over to their deaths, but he could not do it. Leaving his sons outside the tent of a travelling freak show. Andrei returned home to his village a broken man.
The Joker heard tales of the conjoined Abramovici twins, now widely know as Hammer and Sickle, and their reputation for brutality, and he wanted them for himself. Sending Harley on a desperate mission to retrieve them, she passed on the message to the circus owner that her puddin' would pay big for the twins.
Of course, the owner refused to sell his headlining act. He promptly vanished, only to be found three months later with a new smile carved on his face.

Additional Information
After Taking the Twins, Joker Quickly realized he only needed one of them. He had thomas elliot Preform sugery to spilt the twins into two. joker paid Thomas Alliot and left. Joker ordered harley to get rid of the other twin by throwing him into the river. Just as Sickle wa about to die. Quinn had a brainstorm and decide to throw the "trash" at penguin for banning joker from the iceberg launge. Thus... Each found themself into two new gangs.. one in joker and the other in penguins.
The Twins opinions of each other soon changed, and over time bitterness grew, leading to 'Mr. Sickle' leaving the Joker's wing to join the comfort of the Iceberg Lounge. Now as rivals, both brutes were pitched against the Dark Knight when he entered Arkham City, though both were defeated swiftly; twice in Mr. Hammer's case. After the Penguin was also beaten by the Bat, Mr. Sickle reunited with his brother in the Steel Mill, where they both agreed that together, conjoined once more, they'd be unstoppable. Thanks to TheJester and maultest.

Possible role in Arkham 3
After Hammer and Sickle have met up again at the end of Arkham city, they have decided to stick together from then on. After Hammer says that Joker's gang will collapse without the leadership of the Joker and Sickles says the penguin is a worthless idiot who is defenseless against other gangs, They decide to join the only other gang that makes the most sense and would eagerly accept them - Two-Face's gang.
After just weeks of working for Two-Face, they've quickly rose to the top of his chain in command, due to two-faces keen interest in them. Eventually they become Two-faces, left (and right) hand men, and each have been put in charge of their own half of the gang. Hammer is now in charge of protecting the gang from other gangs attacks, and Sickle is in charge of Attacking other gangs for their resources. They represent the duality of Harvey Dent; the hammer representing justice, the sickle representing chaos. After a strange run in where Two-face insist they rejoin themselves, which they had previously been considering but never deeply accepted due to medical complications, they are rejoined by the professional criminal mastermind known only to the members of the criminal underworld as Hush. Hush has rejoined them successfully in exchange for guns and allegiance with Two-Face, only for hush to offer repairing his face and the two having a violent argument. Now Hammer and Sickle fight Batman as two beings in one body, the ultimate projection of duality that Two-face envisions. Thanks to Guest and killer Kroc.

Essential reading
Arkham City, Arkham Unhinged #11-13

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
4/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #23: Hammer & Sickle

Postby blacksad » Jun 15th, 2012, 12:34 pm

I want them in! They were so fun to fight!

Chances of appearing: 6/10
Did anyone catch the game last night?
blacksad

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The DK Strikes Again

Postby killer Kroc » Jun 15th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Possible role: They join up with Twoface,the hammer representing justice, the sickle representing chaos(The 2 sides of Twoface)
Chances of Appearing: 7/10
Essential reading: Arkham unhinged: #11 #12 #13
Additional information: after the game is over if you go back to the steel mill you can find them talking to one another. They talk about being joined back together again and Sickle remarks how it was a mistake to join up with penguin.
killer Kroc

Favourite Villain: Joker/Riddler

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jun 15th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Chances of Appearing: 8/10
Possible Role: To team up and work together. Most likely join a new gang or make up their own (I hope not).
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby jaga 321 » Jun 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm

7/10
role: well, what happens when the two strongest henchmen join together, (not litrally) well it causes double the trouble! the two deadliest mercinaries in gotham up for hire, maybe a big boss in gotham such as two-face, falcone or black mask will hire them as bodyguards. nomatter what happens, your bound to see the not-so dynamic duo beating up the bat once again!
jaga 321

Postby Killa_Moff » Jun 15th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Really awesome characters, but i don't think they'll appear in Arkham 3.
If they do...they'll be joined together again and constantly fight(punching each other in the face and stuff).
5/10

Red_Robin wrote:Next Friday we'll be revealing the 24th Arkhamverse Villains database profile

Killer Moth?
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby Maultest » Jun 15th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Odds: 8/10

Info: After Taking the Twins, Joker Quickly realized he only needed one of them. He had thomas elliot Preform sugery to spilt the twins into two. joker paid Thomas Alliot and left. Joker ordered harley to get rid of the other twin by throwing him into the river. Just as Sickle wa about to die. Quinn had a brainstorm and decide to throw the "trash" at penguin for banning joker from the iceberg launge. Thus... Each found themself into two new gangs.. one in joker and the other in penguins.

Role: Having there own side mission, The twins start planing to start there own gang and take control of gotham, the twins start robbing banks as and easily over power the police. Batman must track down and defeat the twins while battling through twin themed thugs. Batman collects some dust, paint, as well as some broken peices of metal and glass and tracks down the twins to an old warehouse in gotham docks. Batman begins to go through and defeat there henchmen. Batman soon comes into a room where Sickle holds and young woman hostage. Batman begins a predator based boss fight. If Sickle sees batman or any of his thugs do. sickle will kill the hostage. Batman must defeat the thugs and make sure that there bodies are not found. once all thugs have been delt with batman direct attacks sickle and defeats him. Than batman feels mister hammer's hammer hit him and knock him out. He awake to see him facing the hostage and is hanged by chains hammer and sickle glare at them and smile. Batman must break free and defeat them once and for all. after defeat them both they look at batman before passing out.
Last edited by Maultest on Jun 17th, 2012, 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 15th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Killa_Moff wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:Next Friday we'll be revealing the 24th Arkhamverse Villains database profile

Killer Moth?

No. I'm saving him for a later date.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jun 15th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Red_Robin wrote:
Killa_Moff wrote:

Killer Moth?

No. I'm saving him for a later date.

Later Date? Calendar Man?
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby SenSx » Jun 15th, 2012, 6:25 pm

At the end of AC, you can see two reunited, and saying that they should not have split up.
I think it means we might face them in the next game Arkham 3, but working toguether.

7/10
SenSx

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby CreedMorganna » Jun 15th, 2012, 10:11 pm

interesting would be cool but would only work if working for someone else.
6/10
Victory always comes at a sacrifice, what will yours be?
CreedMorganna

Favourite Villain: The Joker (YSoSrius)
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby TheJester » Jun 15th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Additional Information:
The Twins opinions of each other soon changed, and over time bitterness grew, leading to 'Mr. Sickle' leaving the Joker's wing to join the comfort of the Iceberg Lounge. Now as rivals, both brutes were pitched against the Dark Knight when he entered Arkham City, though both were defeated swiftly; twice in Mr. Hammer's case. After the Penguin was also beaten by the Bat, Mr. Sickle reunited with his brother in the Steel Mill, where they both agreed that together, conjoined once more, they'd be unstoppable.

Possible Role in A3:
Now rejoined, the Abromivici Twins are two of the most wanted thugs for hire in all of Gotham. Now working under the control of one of the big villains, they shall once more face the great Batman, and this time, two heads will be better than one.

Chances Of Appearing: 3/10

Although a cool addition to AC, I doubt their return.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby MrHolmes623 » Jun 15th, 2012, 11:34 pm

If they joined together again , who would they work for ?
MrHolmes623

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman/Judge Dredd

Postby Red Batman » Jun 16th, 2012, 2:18 am

Wasn't it already established that Hammer is working for Black Mask now? And since Sickle is staying with him, I assume both work for Sionis.

Kinda sad, cause I figured it would make more sense if they worked for Two-Face at the end (you know, cause there're 2 of them and he was the only gang leader in Arkham City to not have them), but you can't have everything your own way, and Black Mask is cool xD.

Their role in the next game depends on Mask's appearance himself, and since I'm fairly confident he'll be in it, I'm giving them an 8/10. Of course they'll only serve as bodyguards, but a double mini-boss fight with them would be pretty awesome!
Red Batman

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby Killa_Moff » Jun 16th, 2012, 5:10 am

Red_Robin wrote:No. I'm saving him for a later date.

Do you know something about Arkham 3 you aren't telling me?
:shock:
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Next

Return to Arkhamverse Villains