Arkhamverse Villains #30: Cluemaster

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #30: Cluemaster

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 3rd, 2012, 2:24 pm

Real Name - Arthur Brown
Occupation - Professional Criminal
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Blonde
Height - 5 ft 11 in
Weight - 169 lbs
First Appearance - Detective Comics #351 (May 1966)
Attributes
- A second rate criminal who jumped on the themed crimes bandwagon
- Narcisistic attention seeking leads him to leave clues to his crimes
- Father of Stephanie Brown, the Spoiler

Arkham City Bio
N/A

Additional Information
A failed game show host who turned to crime to support his wife, and later his daughter, Arthur Brown had never been good at anything he did. After briefly becoming a mechanic during one of his 'straight' periods, Arthur was inspired to return to a life of crime after the emergence of the Joker and the Riddler. About this time, his wife's dependence on prescription painkillers began to become a problem. Brown adopted the Cluemaster guise to gain the respect and attention that he couldn't get at home, whilst raking in enough cash and drugs to support his family. Over the years and his various stints in Blackgate, he has gathered a small, but loyal gang of followers.

Possible role in Arkham 3
The major villain in Robin's side quests, Robin comes across Cluemaster from two directions. The first would be by investigating a series of crimes that had been signalled by clues that Harvey Bullock had found left in someone's inbox at the GCPD. During his investigation, Robin encounters Spoiler who has more information about Cluemaster and his plans. They track him down and during the fight, Cluemaster unmasks Spoiler, finding out that she is his daughter and takes her hostage anyway. Here we learn the true stakes; Cluemaster is deep in a riddle-war with the Riddler! Each clue the GCPD and Batman fails to solve, each crime they get away with, each victim that dies, is simply a score to them in a deadly contest.

Essential reading
Detective Comics #647-649; Robin: Flying Solo; Huntress/Spoiler: Blunt Trauma; Batman: War Crimes; Batgirl v3 #23-24

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
2/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #30: Cluemaster

Postby TheJester » Sep 21st, 2012, 7:09 pm

Ah, Cluemaster. I've always found his feud with Robin and Riddler fascinating; I love your ideas for how he could be used in A3. It would also be a great chance to introduce the Spoiler.

I'd say his chance of appearing is slightly higher, but BECAUSE he is so similar to Riddler, Rocksteady may not include him to avoid 'character doubles'. I expect at least a riddle (ha) or bio though.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby arkhamcitydood » Sep 21st, 2012, 7:46 pm

I actually want to see him somehow. I think his appearence is possible. I'd say 4.5/10. He could be in sidemissions. Sorta working with Riddler in this universe so Riddler can beat Batman for sure.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby basilkarlo96 » Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:57 am

It would be awesome having Tim take on the clue master. and feature Spoiler in the story. Especially if she gets a playable mode in in the challenge rooms.
"I'm thinking about starting a comic, called The Adventures of Grant Morrison. It'll be about the weird adventures he goes on when he's high." - Guy in comic shop
basilkarlo96

Favourite Villain: Wesker Ventriloquist
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Return to Arkhamverse Villains