Batman Arkham City: Amored Edition Revealed for Wii U

Here you will find our archive of news and announcements on Batman: Arkham City and related merchandise.

Batman Arkham City: Amored Edition Revealed for Wii U

Postby Luke » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:13 pm

It's been a year since it was revealed that Arkham City would be releasing for the Nintendo Wii and today we've finally got a glimpse into the game's progress.

Image courtesy of TheVerge

First of all; Warner Bros revealed that the game has a new title. Arkham City Armored Edition. Developed by WB Studios Montreal the game features the full range of DLC released for the title as well as all new game mechanics utilizing the Wii U's GamePad. nBatman's suit has been upgraded to have a brand new touch screen that gives him access to the Bat Computer straight from his wrist. This new system duplicates to the GamePad allowing you constant access to the Bat Computer and much, much, more.

You'll be able to equip items, plant explosives, control batarangs, and activate your Detective Vision straight from the tablet device. Giving you arguably the most immersive Arkham City experience yet.

But that's not all. The game features an all new combat system named B.A.T mode. Max your B.A.T bar and unleash Batman's new set of powerful combat skills via the Wii U GamePad.

Check out the trailer below for a detailed look into the all new Arkham City Armored Edition.

So what do you think? Will the game tempt you to purchase Nintendo,s new console? Do the new features utilizing the GamePad persuade you to re-purchase Arkham City? Let us know with a post!
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: Batman Arkham City: Amored Edition Revealed for Wii U

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Combat challenges as one of Talia's guard? Unexpected.
There are obviously some additions to the exisiting game - what does everyone think? Different enough to try out?
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby elwaster » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Not worth buying a WiiU for... Gimmicky additions that will only eventually slow down gameplay.
Also, the fact that they don't mention anything about graphics goes to show the WiiU won't be more powerful than current Gen either otherwise they would have taken advantage with the advanced look on the PC versions.

I'm more interested in getting my hands on the screen the guy was playing it on in the video.
elwaster

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Year One

Postby Chob » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Might be cool. I'm liking what I see from the Wii U so far and might end up getting it. I don't know if I'd get Arkham City again unless maybe it was a budget title and I was really interested in the extra gameplay modes. A few of the extra puzzles seem tacked on and gimmicky but I'd have to play them to form an opinion. I don't know about this B.A.T mode. Seems redundant.
Last edited by Chob on Jun 6th, 2012, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chob

Postby killer Kroc » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:48 pm

I'm Just wondering how the controls will feel when playing with the W U controller
Last edited by killer Kroc on Jun 6th, 2012, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killer Kroc

Favourite Villain: Joker/Riddler

Postby MRFREEZE1 » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Red_Robin wrote:Combat challenges as one of Talia's guard? Unexpected.
There are obviously some additions to the exisiting game - what does everyone think? Different enough to try out?

What do you mean "combat challenges as one of Talia's guard". Do you mean we play as them? No one said there will be or maybe i listen carefully
WHY SO SERIOUS ???????????????????
MRFREEZE1

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze and Joker

Postby JJJ » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Looks pretty cool. But I'm definitely not bying WiiU.
JJJ

Favourite Villain: Black Adam

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:52 pm

MRFREEZE1 wrote:

What do you mean "combat challenges as one of Talia's guard". Do you mean we play as them? No one said there will be or maybe i listen carefully

Check out the video around 3:58.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paradox » Jun 6th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Not persuaded at all. I mean, it's just Arkham City with a few added features that don't make much difference, and in no way am I buying a Wii U to play this and then watch it collect dust as I never use it again. The only thing I'm bothered about - is this WB's second game? Is THIS what Kevin Conroy was talking about voicing?

あなたをファック
Paradox

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby HarshFact » Jun 6th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Ok this sounds like it offers a much more slower gameplay... customize my gear ? i could easily pick between all of them with my 360 d-pad and how is detective mode being activated from tablet is any different from the controller? ... and don't like batman's armored suit to be default..tbh i love the Asylum-universe default costume...catwoman seems to be armored too ... overall yeah don't think it'll be a good title
HarshFact

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby BoyWonder1234 » Jun 6th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Don't want at all. Just gimmicky and fidgety.
The armoured suits for BM+CW look pretty awesome, hoping they get released for other platforms (doubt it though).

Challenge mode as enemies looks promising though. Not going to buy a Wii U though, this still looks pretty terrible.
BoyWonder1234

Favourite Villain: Anti-Suave Man
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman : Suave

Postby Andy » Jun 6th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Nope.Havent played my Wii in nearly two years,so I doubt Ill buy the Wii U.
Cant see many 'hardcore' gamers buying it either. The Wii stands out to everybody as a family console,and I doubt Arkham City counts as a game that could be played for "Happy Family Fun Time!!"
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby RAID3N » Jun 6th, 2012, 1:51 pm

0_0

I'm gonna sell my kidney for THIS!!!
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby Paradox » Jun 6th, 2012, 1:58 pm

BoyWonder1234 wrote:Don't want at all. Just gimmicky and fidgety.
The armoured suits for BM+CW look pretty awesome, hoping they get released for other platforms (doubt it though).

Challenge mode as enemies looks promising though. Not going to buy a Wii U though, this still looks pretty terrible.

The Armoured suits work with the whole B.A.T computer and the suit stores kinetic energy that you can then release or something, so unless Rocksteady give us the whole Kinetic buildup system also it's almost certain we won't get the suit.

And I know there was the scene with the ninja from Talia's guard fighting inmates, but is that actually confirmation that we can play as enemies? If so, I hope the minority of Wii U players will get to play as Harley or Freeze.

あなたをファック
Paradox

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby LEVITIKUZ » Jun 6th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Am I the only one here or does armored Catwoman look silly?
LEVITIKUZ

Favourite Villain: JOKER
Favourite Graphic Novel: ARKHAM ASYLUM

Next

Return to Arkham City News Archive