Arkhamverse Villains #39: Maxie Zeus

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #39: Maxie Zeus

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 20th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Real Name - Maxie Zeus
Occupation - Professional Criminal
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Brown
Hair Colour - Brown
Height - 5 ft 6 in
Weight - 135 lbs
First Appearance - Detective Comics #483 (May 1979)
Attributes
- driven by complex religious delusions
- charismatic leader who has developed a long-standing cult
- determined to extend his powerful reach and recruit new followers

Arkham City Bio
A deranged gang leader, maxie Zeus came to believe himself an avatar of the Olympian god, Zeus. Creating a cult of gang members to do his bidding, Zeus became a power-player in the Gotham City underworld. His criminal activities are perpretrated by his army of followers, and - he believes - overseen by the Greek gods themselves.

Arkham City Story
Not every building in Arkham City was in disrepair before the mega-prison was constructed. One operating building was the Gotham City Olympus Nightclub, originally owned by Maxie Zeus.
Although Maxie disappeared in Arkham Asylum after one too many rounds of electroshock therapy, the club kept running in his absence, leading some to think Maxie hasn't gone far.
Additional Information
You decide!

Possible role in Arkham 3
You decide!

Essential reading
You decide!

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
?/10

As you can see, there's a few profile sections we'd love for the community to get involved with. If you'd like to provide any of the above sections feel free to submit them with a post below and please vote for your favourite suggestions by quoting them and making a positive comment!

Next week we'll be revealing the 42nd Arkhamverse Villains database profile as well as applying your info into this one!

Please note we cannot include everyone's submissions. For the best chance of getting your ideas selected, please write in coherent sentences. Ideally I should be able to just copy and paste your idea over without too much editing.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #41: Maxie Zeus

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jan 5th, 2013, 5:23 pm

I think Maxie Zeus is a fucking underrated character. He needs his big chance in the greatest videogame series of all time.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby Benji » Jan 5th, 2013, 5:27 pm

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:I think Maxie Zeus is a fucking underrated character. He needs his big chance in the greatest videogame series of all time.

Agreed.

I was expecting to see him in City with his building being there but noooo we were given flying lessons instead.

I really hope we get to see him in the Arkhamverse in future. 6/10.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jan 5th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Benji wrote:
ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:I think Maxie Zeus is a fucking underrated character. He needs his big chance in the greatest videogame series of all time.

Agreed.

I was expecting to see him in City with his building being there but noooo we were given flying lessons instead.

I really hope we get to see him in the Arkhamverse in future. 6/10.

That annoyed me as well. I would've liked to actually gone inside the building. :oldyella:

I'll make a contribution to the different bio sections tomorrow, I'm shattered right now, but I've got a few ideas floating about. :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Scarface » Jan 10th, 2013, 12:07 am

Finally, my second favorite villain is up!

Additional Information
Something you could add is that his full name is Maximilian Zeus - something that Rocksteady seemed to have missed in his bio in Arkham Asylum. Also (and perhaps the most important, I think) is that Maxie Zeus has a young daughter named Medea. It's to bad she has been forgotten in Zeus' recent appearances as it gives him more substance as a character, as she is the only one he values more than himself.

Possible role in Arkham 3
If the third game is going to explore a wider range of Gotham City, then perhaps Maxie Zeus could be located at an old Olympics stadium. It could be there if it was used ages ago when the Olympic Games took place in Gotham in a alternate reality to ours. But it would of course be much better if you met him at his Olympus building but as it's located in Arkham City that's unlikely.

As he isn't one of the more famous villains, he would fit the best in a side mission. Which would most likely be an arena fight with his cultists, and eventually you will fight him in person. I also think that Maxie Zeus should use a electrical weapon, like his lightning bolt staff. But I'm not sure why you should fight him, perhaps there is something you need to get from him or you have been captured and placed in the arena.

Essential reading
Detective Comics #491 (first appearance of Medea), Wonder Woman: Gods of Gotham, Batman and the Outsiders #14 & #15, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
It's not that likely that Maxie Zeus will be in the next game, as he isn't that well known. But as he had his huge Olympus building in Arkham City and that it's hinted he's still around, there could be a possibility.

5/10
Last edited by Scarface on Jan 10th, 2013, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarface

Favourite Villain: Scarface

Postby ArkhamDude » Jan 10th, 2013, 12:42 am

Sweet Maxie Zeus is awesome 10/10 Im sure he will show up do to his stories in the Arkham Series :adam:
ArkhamDude

Postby VoodooMu » Jan 10th, 2013, 3:08 am

Possible Role In Arkham 3:
He'd be best for a side mission

Based on top of a tall skyscraper somewhere like Gotham City Bank which you go through in the main story. A secret area can be reached after going through the first time. Then it takes you through a few more rooms and scaling the outside of the building you end up on top of the building and having a small but cool boss fight with Maxie you end up stopping him and he stays on his throne thinking of his next plan
Arkham: City of Mafia, a forum mafia game is currently open to sign-ups. Check it out here.
VoodooMu

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze/Scarecrow

Postby MiStErFrIeS » Jan 13th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Possible Role: Maxie Zeus arises in Gotham during the height of a No Man's Land esque gang war. He easily attracts Batman to his hideout, an old rundown skyscraper that used to be the Olympus Industries building, a technology product based building that was once funded by Wayne Industries. Maxie had started a static electricity storm atop the building with a device he had created. The device attracted electricity of any kind and turned it into a lightning storm. The lightning actually shoots up from the machine. When Batman gets to the
top of the building he is apprehended by Maxie Zeus and is knocked out with electricity. He later wakes up to find himself surrounded by Maxie Zeus's thugs, each armed with brutal mythological weapons. Batman eventually beats all of them and climbs a level of the building. He eventually fights and uses detective wtwelve different challenges, representing the twelve labors of Hercules, but with a much more crude aspect to them. When he finally gets to Zeus his tech based weapons are useless since Zeus's machine took electricity from them. Batman has to take a more predator like attempt to take down Maxie. He has to dodge electricity from Zeus's lightning staff and find a way to shut of the machine. Batman eventually finds a way to get a weakened Maxie Zeus to lunge his spear/lightning rod into the machine, therefore destroying it. Zeus is unfortunately severely electrocuted. The player has the option to either save Zeus or let him die, similar to a rpg style decision. Batman later finds out that Zeus was just another one of Hush's pawns to create a distraction for Batman.
chances of appearing: 7/10
Last edited by MiStErFrIeS on Mar 13th, 2013, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiStErFrIeS

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: SagaOfTheSwampThing

Postby KingOfEngima411 » Jan 14th, 2013, 4:25 am

6/10

Maxie Zeus doesn't have a big Impact on the Bat. in both Batman games, Maxie was not even there and speaking of which what would his position be if he was fighting Batman?? steal his Thunder??
"I am man of few words,
but many riddles"
-Frank Gorshin

R.I.P Frank
KingOfEngima411

Favourite Villain: Riddler/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mr.Freeze

Postby basilkarlo96 » Jan 28th, 2013, 12:54 am

Would be awesome if he referred to Batman as Hades and assumes that "Hades" is paying him a visit to try and take the throne of Olympus by force. In reality though Batman would be headed there to shut down the something another villain is using.
"I'm thinking about starting a comic, called The Adventures of Grant Morrison. It'll be about the weird adventures he goes on when he's high." - Guy in comic shop
basilkarlo96

Favourite Villain: Wesker Ventriloquist
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 10th, 2013, 12:04 pm

I'm actually hopeful that Maxie will make his Arkhamverse debut in Origins. If the Olympus Nightclub is still present in Origins it's a very good chance we could see him, especially as a rival competitor to Black Mask, or potentially after Batman's head for the bounty.

I'd rate a 5/10 for likelihood of appearing.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Scarface » Apr 10th, 2013, 5:39 pm

I agree, also as the Amusement Mile hasn't been flooded yet, more of the Gotham City Olympus is probably shown and then more likely to be accessible.
Scarface

Favourite Villain: Scarface

Postby Burroughs » Jun 2nd, 2013, 4:08 pm

My favorite villain!
Probably doesn't get a lot of fanfare, but Maxie Zeus is pretty damn epic in my mind.

I wish he had a bigger role in Arkham City
Hello, I'm Brad

Maxie Zeus trumps all!
Burroughs

Favourite Villain: Maxie Zeus
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Arkham City

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #39: Maxie Zeus

Postby poisonivymadhatter » Jul 4th, 2015, 9:22 pm

Maxie Zeus is so underrated!
I want him to appear in a potential origins sequel!
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

thanks BANE
poisonivymadhatter

Favourite Villain: Ivy, Quinn, Talia
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Return to Arkhamverse Villains