Arkhamverse Allies #37: Dr Penny Young

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Allies #37: Dr Penny Young

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 25th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Real Name - Penelope Young
Occupation - Head of Research
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Brown
Height - 5 ft 6 in
Weight - 121 lbs
First Appearance - Batman: Arkham Asylum (Autumn 2009)
Attributes
- graduated from Gotham University with top honours
- dedicated to the pursuit of a psychiatric cure for various forms of criminal insanity
- highly focused on career ambitions
- intolerant of people who get in the way of her work

Arkham Asylum Bio
Penny Young was always a brilliant student who was prepared to do anything to advance professionally. She has built up a reputation for being a cold, calculating woman, focused only on the project at hand. She was hired at Arkham Asyulm by Warden Quincy Sharp to head up the Asylum's Research Department and to finally restore the more deranged of Gotham's super-villains to sanity.

Additional Information
Dr Young is responsible for the TITAN serum. Tricked into working with an alias of the Joker, Young accepted money from "Jack White" to experiment with Venom, the super-steroid that gave Bane his increased speed, stamina and strength. Prior to the incident at Arkham Asylum, Young had a change of heart and tried to back out of her agreement with "White". During the Joker's takeover of the Asylum, Young tried to hide her notes on the Titan Serum so that they wouldn't fall into his hands. The Joker killed Dr Young during the Arkham Incident in retaliation for her betrayal and took the notes so that he could produce a workable Titan formula.

Possible role in Arkham 3
After realising that "Jack White" wasn't trustworthy, Penny Young attempted to atone for her part in Joker's Titan project by engineering subtle problems with the formula. These problems would eventually lead to the illness that recently affected the Batman and killed the Joker. She also hid the original research and analysis on Venom, including developments that allowed administration of a Venom dose via needle or tranq dart. Research that has spent two years hidden...

Essential reading
Arkham Asylum (videogame, 2009)

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
0/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #37: Dr Penny Young

Postby TheJester » Nov 8th, 2012, 11:31 pm

Wow, it goes to show how long it's been since I've played Arkham Asylum - I completely forgot about this character. I suppose she did end up getting her revenge on Joker, after he took an overdose of the formula she created...
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Benji » Nov 8th, 2012, 11:42 pm

A really underrated character imo, when Batman says that Bane called her 'witch' it really made you wonder what side she was on.

Obviously, she met her demise in AA, but suppose what's left of the Titan runs so low that there might be some villains who are desperate and crazy enough to bring Dr. Young back to life to recreate the formula...

Chances of appearing: 1/10

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby arkhamcitydood » Nov 9th, 2012, 3:59 am

Shes dead. And theres no possibility of a flashback. so 0/10.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 9th, 2012, 6:19 am

It was more her legacy that would have a role in A3 than herself. She's dead and isn't coming back, but her actions had such an impact on the plot of the first two games that it would be strange if there wasn't some sort of reference to to her.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Return to Arkhamverse Allies