Arkhamverse Villains #40: King Snake & the Ghost Dragons

Explore and learn more about Batman's villains in the Arkhamverse.

Arkhamverse Villains #40: King Snake & the Ghost Dragons

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 25th, 2012, 1:21 pm

Real Name - Sir Edmund Dorrance
Occupation - Business Tycoon / Crime Lord
Based in - Gotham City
Eye Colour - White
Hair Colour - Blond
Height - 6 ft 2 in
Weight - 220 lbs
First Appearance - Robin v1 #1 (January 1991)
Attributes
- master martial artist despite being blinded years ago
- giant snake tattoo on chest
- father of Bane
- committed the crimes that Bane's mother was imprisoned for

Arkham City Bio
N/A
Additional Information
After many years working as a mercenary and seeking further martials arts training, Sir Edmund Dorrance grew to power by taking over street gangs in Hong Kong and organising them into an organisation known as the Ghost Dragons. Already worth millions due to his legitiment business dealings, Dorrance trebled his worth by exporting heroin to Europe.
The King Snake's mastery of martial arts and peak physical conditioning allowed him to appear to be sighted in front of his low-level thugs. A percieved weakness, his blindness was only shared with his closest lieutenants. In fact, King Snake used his blindness to his advantage, often striking from the darkness.
The King Snake's rule of Hong Kong was ended by Tim Drake and Lady Shiva whilst she aided in the trainee Robin's martial arts studies.

Possible role in Arkham 3
Vowing revenge upon Robin, the King Snake brings the Ghost Dragons to Gotham, violently and brutally expanding their drugs trade out of Chinatown. Directly at odds with the Falcone crime family and the Black Mask gang. Using the gang war to expand his territory, King Snake also hopes to finally kill Robin.

Essential reading
Robin: A Hero Reborn, Cry for the Huntress, v4 #88-91; Batman: Brotherhood of the Fist; Gotham Knights #47-49

Chances of appearing in Arkham3
2/10
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse Villains #40: King Snake & the Ghost Dragons

Postby Harvey Bullock » Dec 23rd, 2012, 5:56 pm

I really need to read the Robin series from the 90s. This rogue definitely intrigues me, and it'd be great to see him in the next game!
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby J.Napier » Dec 24th, 2012, 1:22 am

Doubt they'd put him in there. Still would be interesting.
J.Napier

Favourite Villain: Joker/LDM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns.

Postby RonnyGreen » Dec 24th, 2012, 1:37 am

I think King Snake could appear in the third game. But should not be so reliant on his martial arts gimmick.
I like the idea of him being a representative of the British government. Due to his personal fortune and business acumen, he was given a foreign post in the wake of Hong King being returned to the Chinese.
Being old enough to father Bane, I imagine Snake being an old man who upon first inspection is completely harmless.
He is hunched, prods the ground with a white stick and even has a friendly labrador helping to guide him around.

However, his staff are actually thieves and murders, part of a shadowy cabal under his direct influence.
Their embassy, and all the protection it offers, is a base for them to sell vast quantities of drugs, a percentage of the profits going back to England and into the pockets of other shadowy figures within the government.

I imagine the player having to discover this themselves and perhaps being shocked when the kind old blind man, sitting in the corner, suddenly starts fighting Batman on an even footing.
RonnyGreen

Favourite Villain: Professor Pyg
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Dec 24th, 2012, 6:55 am

RonnyGreen wrote:I think King Snake could appear in the third game. But should not be so reliant on his martial arts gimmick.
I like the idea of him being a representative of the British government. Due to his personal fortune and business acumen, he was given a foreign post in the wake of Hong King being returned to the Chinese.
Being old enough to father Bane, I imagine Snake being an old man who upon first inspection is completely harmless.
He is hunched, prods the ground with a white stick and even has a friendly labrador helping to guide him around.

However, his staff are actually thieves and murders, part of a shadowy cabal under his direct influence.
Their embassy, and all the protection it offers, is a base for them to sell vast quantities of drugs, a percentage of the profits going back to England and into the pockets of other shadowy figures within the government.

I imagine the player having to discover this themselves and perhaps being shocked when the kind old blind man, sitting in the corner, suddenly starts fighting Batman on an even footing.

I like it! The blind old man who can kick arse still rests quite heavily on "the martial arts gimmick" though. I think it's that kind of tweak that Rocksteady would be happy making.

Nice to see you back, by the way.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red Batman » Dec 24th, 2012, 8:57 am

Red_Robin wrote:
RonnyGreen wrote:I think King Snake could appear in the third game. But should not be so reliant on his martial arts gimmick.

I like it! The blind old man who can kick arse still rests quite heavily on "the martial arts gimmick" though. I think it's that kind of tweak that Rocksteady would be happy making.

Nice to see him back but not me :(
Red Batman

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Dec 24th, 2012, 9:16 am

Red Batman wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:

Nice to see him back but not me :(

He's been gone for longer than you. That's all. :adam:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darthvegeta800 » Dec 26th, 2012, 1:51 am

A tpb about this guy having nightmares about 'Robin' taunting him as he lay with a broken back god knows where was actually my first or one of my first Batman comics as a kid. :) Ah good memories... good memories.
Darthvegeta800

Favourite Villain: Azrael and Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Sw.of Azr. / Hush

Postby ChaosThe15th » Dec 26th, 2012, 8:32 pm

I really wouldn't even give him a 2/10 chance of appearing...
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Return to Arkhamverse Villains