[Film/Documentary] Legends of the Knight

Community Reviews of all things Batman!

[Film/Documentary] Legends of the Knight

Postby TheCat » Dec 15th, 2014, 7:18 am

I had actually got on board of Legends of the Knight when it was on Kickstarter. I had been reading The Mary Sue & they talked about how one of their writers, Jill, was a featured story on there. So I went to the Kickstarter, watched the trailer & instantly donated. Stories about Batman fans triumphing over their disabilities, their obstacles & dressing up as him to make a difference? I'm in. I donated the amount in which I would get a DVD copy when it was completely financed & I do not regret it in the slightest.

I don't want to talk too much about the film because I feel it's something you have to experience. To listen to these people's stories, it can be really uplifting & make you reflect on your own life. I watched this film again yesterday & it really made me think of how much good I can do in the world. I've done a lot of charity work but there's still so much more I can do & can do as a Batman fan. It made me want to start a Batman-focused charity group, it made me want to donate to local & international charities, it made me want to help my community. It's an emotional film that I recommend to every Batman fan. It makes you proud to be a fan of one of the greatest superheroes.

Not convinced?
Watch the trailer below!

USA fans can watch right now on Netflix.
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: [Film/Documentary] Legends of the Knight

Postby TheJester » Dec 15th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Sounds like an excellent documentary that I need to check out in the near future. I can relate a lot to these people, as I also identify with the idea of of a power-less superhero on many levels. Thanks for putting it on my radar! :)
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Harvey Bullock » Dec 15th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Aye, thanks for raising the profile of this, Cat. :) I'll have to hunt it down over the Christmas period. :D
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby TheCat » Dec 15th, 2014, 10:42 pm

I think it would be cool (but it's up to you guys) if you requested a Charity screening of the film & have Arkhamverse members go. =D That'd be cool.
But let me know if you're able to find it!
I hope it's on streaming sites for the UK but I don't know =[
As I said, I highly recommend it! It's great.
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Return to Reviews