Injustice#3

Non-Arkhamverse Batman Fanfic

Injustice#3

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 29th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Book One: Chapter 3

In a dimension, far more hostile and strange than our own Nekron, the Lord of Hell held court and listened to the please and demands of his fellow Demons. One of them, Etrigan, was espacially notorious for his prowress in battle and the cleverness of his schemes. It was his achievement that the Spectre, Wrath of God and the only power in existance that could stop the invasion of Trigon was imprisoned within a cage made of the very souls that he had damned. While they were getting drunk on wine made of blood and organs of the tormented souls the two laughed and gloated about the fate of humankind. „So, Etrigan, it is Supermans achievement that you are free of your mortal vassal, Jason Blood“, Nekron spoke, exposing his razors sharp teeth while he grinned,“What will you do with your new found freedom?“
„It is my intention, Lord Nekron, to corrupt and defile the ideals of the one who opposed the Kryptionian in the battle of the champion of earth. Soon the souls of those who have left the straight and narrow path will be ours, and while Trigon rules over earth, our kind will win its rightous reward.“
„Yes, yes...“, Nekron whispered,“ All that you have forgotten, my sweet pawn, is a rhyme, to properly begin this reaping of souls which has so unjustly been denied to us. Hell is a place of order as much as heaven. Their is a hierachy of sin and punishment as their is a hierachy of rewards for the just. But for this time only let us do away with this formality. The last days of earth are upon us, let the penalty commence. “

As the vision slowly faded Madame Xanadu woke up from the trance that had started when she had performed the ritual necessary for spying on infernal realm which had taken such a big interest on the fate of humankind as of late. While she slowly recovered she barely noticed Batman, Constantine and Zatanna who had tacked her down in a small magic shop in New Orleans. While Batmans followers were waiting for the enchantress to recover the Dark Knight himself studied the different objects that could be seen in Xanadus private collection. Slightly amused he noticed, Salvia divonorum, a plant which could cause powerful illusions that Ra´s al Ghul was using on the initiates of the League of Assassins. „Mere drugs and herbs to confuse the senses and cause hallucinations. To be honest, I was expecting a bit more from the great Madame Xanadu.“,the Dark Knight said and smiled slightly. The ageless enchantress grinned,too. „A distraction for the uninitiated, but quite effective. Please tell me Bruce, why do you disturb me in my new home? Isn´t the chaos you and Superman caused enough? Some of us have more important things to do than dealing with laughable Supervillains like the Joker, or Metallo. When I fight, it is for the safety of creation itself, against beings that sceptical mortals like you can´t even begin to comprehend without loosing their very sanity.“

„ As you have pointed out himself Batman is no magician, even though he has some experience with the occult. However, Magic is exactly what we need to get an edge over Superman. So we need to talk to all former members of the JLD that are still alive. If you want to continue to refuse our requests, would you at least help us to contact Dr Fate?“, Constantine asked desperate. Madame Xanadu chuckled and pointed at Zatanna. „Unlike your groupie over there I´ve leanred to stay away from you John Constantine since he last time we worked together. You are nothing but a vicious trickster and I will enjoy seeing you sorry soul burn in hell at the end of time. And I am dissapointed in you too Batman for allying yourself with such a man and bringing him here. Constantine sold himself to Demons more times than Felix Faust and Melmoth together.“

Zatanna glared at Madame Xanadu, her eyes glowing with anger, but she managed to stop herself from strangeling the Seeress. „I am the last person, who can judge anyone for their past crimes. To many times did I make the wrong decisions. I hope you will at least help us in our search for further allies, once we have send John away.“

Before the discussion could continue Batman was contacted by Catwoman in Gotham, „Batman... Damian has escaped from his cell.“, she reported, carefully avoiding to call Damian Bruce son the whole time, because she was afraid it might upset Bruce after what had happend to Dick, „Alfred claimed the boy had a change of heart and will no longer work for the Regime. I don´t believe him. Where else can the boy expect to find shelter?“

Bruce hesitatet a moment before he answered. The Dark Knight swallowed his anger over what Alfred had done. He had wanted to punish Damian, and now the boy was already free again.
„There is one place he could go to no matter the circumstances. Alltough briefly, Damian became an offical member of the Teen Titans. If there is anyone that would still welcome him than it is them.“

Zatanna swallowed hard at those words as if she tried to forget some sort of bad memory. She had once forced a young Teenager to flee from the people that were supposed to look out for her and the situation now felt eerily similar. Little did she know that soon she would encounter that person again.

„If you want I can call a friend or two and catch the wayward... boy. He has to make a stop in Gotham or else he´ll surely be found by the Regime.“, Catwoman offered and cracked her knuckles.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Re: Injustice#3

Postby Batwoman » Jan 30th, 2015, 2:47 am

This is the best chapter so far . Here are some of my favorite characters and you wrote them properly . Also , the pacing was great and the interactions between the characters in this chapter have been some of the best your title has seen so far . Keep up the good work !
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 30th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Batwoman wrote:This is the best chapter so far . Here are some of my favorite characters and you wrote them properly . Also , the pacing was great and the interactions between the characters in this chapter have been some of the best your title has seen so far . Keep up the good work !

Thanks a lot four your feedback :) The JLD will have a pretty big role in this fanfic. And a certain other character you like will also appear later on...

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Batwoman » Jan 31st, 2015, 5:02 am

MaxSchreck wrote:
Batwoman wrote:This is the best chapter so far . Here are some of my favorite characters and you wrote them properly . Also , the pacing was great and the interactions between the characters in this chapter have been some of the best your title has seen so far . Keep up the good work !

Thanks a lot four your feedback :) The JLD will have a pretty big role in this fanfic. And a certain other character you like will also appear later on...

No problem , dude , it´s a pleassure to read these :alfred:
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Return to Fanfic