Marvel Universe Thread

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Re: Marvel Universe Thread

Postby Dick » Jul 12th, 2015, 9:19 pm

Spider-Man/Deadpool coming out this Autumn :cry:

Oh god this and then them being in Uncanny Avengers together is going to ruin me :cry:
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Pieter » Jul 12th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Dick wrote:Spider-Man/Deadpool coming out this Autumn :cry:

Oh god this and then them being in Uncanny Avengers together is going to ruin me :cry:

RIP Dick.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: Condiment King

Postby kain9998 » Jul 18th, 2015, 3:27 am

I'd be hyped for it if I could get hyped for the new take on Spidey. I honestly just HATE the idea of him driving around in his Spider-Mobile or whatever like he's Batman.

Ugh.
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Dick » Jul 18th, 2015, 10:23 am

kain9998 wrote:I'd be hyped for it if I could get hyped for the new take on Spidey. I honestly just HATE the idea of him driving around in his Spider-Mobile or whatever like he's Batman.

Ugh.

Peter Stark
Dick

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 8th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Bless this variant :3

BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Pieter » Aug 8th, 2015, 6:05 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:Bless this variant :3

<3
Pieter

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 12th, 2015, 4:11 pm

THIS WAS TOO FUCKING HILARIOUS MY CHEEKS HURT SO BADLY GODDAMMIT :oldyella:

SECRET WARS TOO #1
JONATHAN HICKMAN, SERGIO ARAGONES, RYAN BROWNE, AL EWING, ROB GUILLORY, KATE LETH, ERIC POWELL, DECLAN SHALVEY, KYLE STARKS, RAMON VILLALOBOS, BRITTNEY WILLIAMS (W/A)
Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
THE BEYONDERS TRY THEIR (SCARY, EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL) HAND AT MARKETING:
• We are Beyond. Dreamers. Destroyers. All of reality our whim. And frankly… we get bored.
• These tales from across the multifarious domains of Battleworld – not of heroism or consequence, but of humor – provide a brief respite from millennia of omnipotence.
• We cannot be comprehended by the miniscule human mind. Turn your attention to this book instead of trying.
• You are welcome.
40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
BuNKiTZ

Postby Dick » Aug 12th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Who else reads Planet Hulk?

The ending for issue 4 makes me HATE THIS SERIES POW OFF IM PUTTING MY FACE IN THE MICROWAVE
Dick

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 19th, 2015, 4:11 pm

If you guys haven't seen the news yet, we're getting a brand new superhero: Red Widow.

Plus! A special bonus story by superstar young adult author, Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures), writer for the upcoming YA novel, Black Widow: Forever Red!

Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average.The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments-until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn’t really the big sister type.

Until now.

The Red Widow is a powerful new female superhero for the Marvel universe. In many ways, she’s the opposite of the Black Widow—she actually chooses to become the Red Widow—but both Widows share a mysterious bond and a history, and will change the course of each other’s lives, moving forward. And of course, this is just the beginning for this enigmatic and deadly new character.

It sounds a bit cliche and all that, but I really like it so far. She looks great. I didn't know she was a teenager who's gonna be looking up to Nat like a big sister, not at first, but now that I do, I'm even more excited to see Ava.

The first thought that came to mind when I saw her, her top doesn't have a zipper. Thank God :oldyella:
BuNKiTZ

Postby Dick » Sep 10th, 2015, 8:49 pm

I saw that this morning and I'm really looking forward to it!

-- Sep 10th, 2015, 8:40 pm --

The final issue of Planet Hulk left me heartbroken :cry:
Spoiler: show
Steve holding hands with Bucky's metal arm :cry:

And Devil being sad :'( There's just something about seeing a red T-Rex upset that distresses me to no end.

I'm so sad it's ended. I wish there'd be more, I absolutely adored this series :cry:

Spider-Island is really good too,
Tony ending up going crazy on the Goblin formula was rad. Peter and Flash discovering who each other secretly are was nice too ^-^
Dick

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Sep 11th, 2015, 12:18 am

More red heads can never be a bad thing

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 11th, 2015, 6:23 am

Ms. Marvel #18!

Ahh, Kamala! ♥

I think Aamir might be... a mutant? They were implying that he wasn't an Inhuman because that wasn't Terrigen Mist and he wasn't in a cocoon, etc. They also mentioned something like an allergic reaction or something? To the mist. Which is what the writers and/or editors have been saying about Extraordinary X-Men's cover having Terrigen Mist in it. Hmm...

Oh! But Kamala's mom knows! :O I like that :3
BuNKiTZ

Postby Red leader » Sep 11th, 2015, 6:23 am

Dick wrote:I saw that this morning and I'm really looking forward to it!

-- Sep 10th, 2015, 8:40 pm --

The final issue of Planet Hulk left me heartbroken :cry:
Steve holding hands with Bucky's metal arm :cry:

And Devil being sad :'( There's just something about seeing a red T-Rex upset that distresses me to no end.

I'm so sad it's ended. I wish there'd be more, I absolutely adored this series :cry:

Spider-Island is really good too,
Tony ending up going crazy on the Goblin formula was rad. Peter and Flash discovering who each other secretly are was nice too ^-^

So I guess planet hulk is like the scarlet spiders book from spiderverse
people died in that but it was great and really well handled. They killed off a Ben Rilley from a world where the clone saga went the way it was intended to and he was so nice. His death was sad but ultimately a better death then he was originally given
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 25th, 2015, 3:39 am

Mmm. Did somebody order a new Moon Knight book? Oh, what's that? By Jeff Lemire? Well here you go, you loony bastards! :adam:

Marvel has announced via ComicBook that writer Jeff Lemire and artist Greg Smallwood will launch a new Moon Knight ongoing series in 2016. Smallwood illustrated an arc of the previous Moon Knight series, and is joined by colorist Jordie Bellaire who worked on the entire last volume. In this new volume, Marc Spector is a forced resident of a mental institution.

"Marc is in a place I don’t think we’ve seen him before," said Lemire. "He is being told one thing, but is starting to believe another. That’s all I want to say about that yet."

Lemire said this new volume looks to delve deeper into themes that have been developed over the years in previous volumes of Moon Knight.

"The opportunity to write Moon Knight offered me the chance to explore themes of identity and mental illness," Lemire continued. "That’s something that hasn’t been done a lot in super hero comics. At least not in a significant way. I’ve dealt with mental illness in my own life, certainly not to the extreme that Marc Spector has, but still, it’s something I know intimately."

"Now, having said that, I don’t want people to think this comic book is just going to be a preachy polemic about the issue of mental health. It is very much filled with big, crazy, bombastic super hero stories and concepts. It’s got humor and heart and horror. But I think I can use these things as metaphor to address bigger issues as well."

Lemire and Smallwood's Moon Knight will eschew the smaller story arcs of the previous volume, telling stories over the course of arcs lasting three to five issues.

"I want to write one of the very best Moon Knight stories ever," said Lemire. "One that touches on every aspect of the character’s history and also breaks new ground and shows readers a Moon Knight they’ve never seen before. It’s a very ambitious story that should please long time Moon Knight fans, but also be totally fresh and welcoming to new readers. As lofty as my ambitions are, I’m lucky that I have Greg Smallwood and Jordie Bellaire on my side."

Also happening is a brand new X-Men ongoing :alfred:

Marvel has announced that the Secret Wars tie-in miniseries X-Men '92 is returning as a new ongoing series in spring 2016. The news was announced as part of Marvel's Thursday evening presentation at the Diamond Retailer Summit in Baltimore. Chris Sims and Chad Bowers are returning to the write the series, joined by interior artist Alti Firmansyah (Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde) and cover artist David Nakayama.

In the ongoing X-Men '92 series, the X-Men will return from Secret Wars' Battleworld to their own universe to re-open Xavier's school. The school will have some new students however, as Cassandra Nova's pupils will be enrolling. And from the looks of #1's cover, the mutants will be dealing with 1990s X-Men villain stalwarts such as Omega Red, Exodus, Apocalypse, Fabian Cortez, Bastion, Mystique, Trevor Fitzroy and the Brood.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Pieter » Sep 25th, 2015, 8:53 am

I'm really excited for Lemire taking on Moon Knight.
Pieter

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Discussion