Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Top 11 Things Wrong With AK

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 7th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Red leader wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:Another problem I have with this game was that there weren't enough powerful females in the game. Where was Shiva or Copperhead or Peyton Riley??? Harley Quinn was shown to be really influential to the main plot in several trailers but had five minutes of screen time (DLC included). Poison Ivy saved a city that she hates, and although you could argue that she was protecting Gotham's wildlife, if she had sided with Scarecrow, none of that would have happened. No matter how many times you try to explain it to me, I'll never understand how a man who leaves cute little collectibles on high up shelves was able to kidnap Catwoman. Oracle was pretty cool with her hacking skills but she vanishes for half of the game. And no, I'm not even going to mention Christina Bell because the 5 Joker's storyline was ridiculous and boring.

Granted peyton is dead but good point.

WHAT?!?!!1?!
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Red leader » Sep 8th, 2015, 12:20 am

JordanT4021 wrote:
Red leader wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:Another problem I have with this game was that there weren't enough powerful females in the game. Where was Shiva or Copperhead or Peyton Riley??? Harley Quinn was shown to be really influential to the main plot in several trailers but had five minutes of screen time (DLC included). Poison Ivy saved a city that she hates, and although you could argue that she was protecting Gotham's wildlife, if she had sided with Scarecrow, none of that would have happened. No matter how many times you try to explain it to me, I'll never understand how a man who leaves cute little collectibles on high up shelves was able to kidnap Catwoman. Oracle was pretty cool with her hacking skills but she vanishes for half of the game. And no, I'm not even going to mention Christina Bell because the 5 Joker's storyline was ridiculous and boring.

WHAT?!?!!1?!

Yeah the tie in comics and the ventriloquist display say she died like in the comics. Though wesker is still alive so figure that out.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 8th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Red leader wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:
Red leader wrote:

WHAT?!?!!1?!

Yeah the tie in comics and the ventriloquist display say she died like in the comics. Though wesker is still alive so figure that out.

Are you sure, I thought it was the other way around?
JordanT4021

Postby Red leader » Sep 8th, 2015, 8:16 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
Red leader wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:
Red leader wrote:

WHAT?!?!!1?!

Are you sure, I thought it was the other way around?

Nope wesker is mentioned as leading his gang in Gotham outside of arkham city.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Red leader

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 14th, 2015, 5:50 pm

My top 11 things wrong with AK
1.Poison Ivy died
2.Barely any Ivy and Harley moments
3.No explanation into why Ivy looked so different
4.Poison Ivy died
5.Batman and Pam are now best pals
6.Poison Ivy died
7.If Ivy sided with Scrarecrow, her plants would never have been at risk
8.Poison Ivy's game over line *shudders*
9.Poison Ivy died
10.How could Scarecrow hold Pammy captive, and how did he get her. Did he drug her? Because if he did, that wouldn't have worked with her immunity to poisons and toxins, right?
11.Why didn't Harley at least try to convince Pamela to side with Scarecrow?
JordanT4021

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Sep 17th, 2015, 8:16 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:My top 11 things wrong with AK
1.Poison Ivy died
4.Poison Ivy died
6.Poison Ivy died
9.Poison Ivy died
10.How could Scarecrow hold Pammy captive, and how did he get her. Did he drug her? Because if he did, that wouldn't have worked with her immunity to poisons and toxins, right?

Are you serious? Who cares about that stuff Ivy was great in AK, and btw she did help Batman in AA
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 17th, 2015, 8:32 pm

PriestlyBlock67 wrote:
1.Poison Ivy died
4.Poison Ivy died
6.Poison Ivy died
9.Poison Ivy died

Are you serious? Who cares about that stuff Ivy was great in AK, and btw she did help Batman in AA

I wasn't serious, it was supposed to be a joke but there are a number of plot holes. And plus, she was forced to help Batman in Arkham Asylum, she didn't have a choice.

Poison Ivy is a supposed to be a villain. She's meant to hate Batman and Gotham so I don't see why she would work with him. And yes you could argue that she was saving her plants, but like I said, if Ivy sided with Scrarecrow, her plants would never have been at risk.
JordanT4021

Postby legion » Sep 17th, 2015, 10:41 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
PriestlyBlock67 wrote:
1.Poison Ivy died
4.Poison Ivy died
6.Poison Ivy died
9.Poison Ivy died

I wasn't serious, it was supposed to be a joke but there are a number of plot holes. And plus, she was forced to help Batman in Arkham Asylum, she didn't have a choice.

Poison Ivy is a supposed to be a villain. She's meant to hate Batman and Gotham so I don't see why she would work with him. And yes you could argue that she was saving her plants, but like I said, if Ivy sided with Scrarecrow, her plants would never have been at risk.

Actually, I gotta disagree with you there. If Poison Ivy did team up with Scarecrow why would that prevent him in anyway from deploying the Cloudburst? If he was willing to gas the entire city full of people on his side, why would he care about Ivy's plants were going to die. Either way I see it, Ivy would still have to team up with Batman. Though If I were honest, I think I would have preferred it this way as opposed to how they teamed up in the actual story.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 17th, 2015, 10:54 pm

I think that's one of the major plot holes in AK. We all know how poor this "team-up" was but if it was done properly, I'd imagine that Penguin and Twoface's gangs would have had some sort of cure from the gas. Ivy only ever thinks about her plants so if she teamed up with Scarecrow, she'd want to make sure her plants would be safe and so could help adapt the cloudburst so that it wouldn't affect plant life. I imagine something would have been done about it as Scarecrow really wanted to recruit Ivy and he knows she would never sign on if nature was at risk.
JordanT4021

Postby legion » Sep 17th, 2015, 11:01 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:I think that's one of the major plot holes in AK. We all know how poor this "team-up" was but if it was done properly, I'd imagine that Penguin and Twoface's gangs would have had some sort of cure from the gas. Ivy only ever thinks about her plants so if she teamed up with Scarecrow, she'd want to make sure her plants would be safe and so could help adapt the cloudburst so that it wouldn't affect plant life. I imagine something would have been done about it as Scarecrow really wanted to recruit Ivy and he knows she would never sign on if nature was at risk.

True.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Dick » Sep 17th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Sefton: what shall we write about
Ian & Martin: let's just fuk everything up
Sefton: I got you fam
Dick

Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 17th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Dick wrote:Sefton: what shall we write about
Ian & Martin: let's just fuk everything up
Sefton: I got you fam

YES!
I can totally imagine them all sitting down and Sefton saying: "look, Paul Dini isn't coming back for this last one, but we co-wrote the other two. How hard can it be?"
6 months later, fires everywhere, employees rocking in corners, paper flying everywhere, and Sefton screaming to himself "THE ARKHAM KNIGHT IS AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER!!!"
Kind of like this but much worse.
JordanT4021

Postby crush8503 » Oct 1st, 2015, 10:13 pm

Driving up walls

I'll start off by saying that I actually do enjoy the Batmobile gameplay but this is where I draw the line. Driving up walls is way more difficult then it needs to be. I can't tell you how many times I drove up a wall, only to lose control and fall to my death or land on my back like some insect that can't flip itself over. This is the furthest thing from being Batman.
crush8503

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red leader » Oct 6th, 2015, 10:10 pm

I have been thinking of city a lot recently and i realized that one of my biggest issues there arkham knight has the opposite of. City felt like it had to many stories and kept flip flopping between them as if it was a kid who ate too much sugar. Knight has nothing to its story but the main plot. I dont like how city manages getting to penguin but i like that it tired to not have everything be about the main plot. Knight is just going after scarecrow and fighting only AK thugs and no one else at all. I really really hope that if WBGM makes another game its set right before asylum so we can have it take place in old gotham with the amusement mile but without the water. I want to see that world and that batman universes atmosphere. AK is the bare bones of the batman universe in terms of the main plot while city feel like its really gotham city. I love AKs gotham as a world but the people of it felt like they where barley involved. City is a batman story through and through. It takes risks and kills joker off but it still feels like its batman vs his villains not an army. How is it that the game that killed joker was even less of a big plot and was less important feeling then AK. I wish they would have the guts to make a game or ongoing set after city but that is as if knight never occurred. Though a new batman universe for the games seems even better.
Red leader

Postby dk09w1ngz » Oct 7th, 2015, 7:03 am

I've made a thread about this, but the biggest problem is the RPG troops going to waste. Other than that, the jammers also went to waste in the main story. Lack of boss fights, ofc, other than "Predator therapy", which was a lot of fun. Story was kinda wonky though feels more structured than City.
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE