Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Postby pukipuki » May 1st, 2016, 10:23 am

Wow, I just read the rumor and to me its PERFECT!!!! I always wanted a live-action take on Under the Red Hood. And whats more interesting is, the Batman in DCEU kills (I do not like that). So, they would have to find a better motivation for Jason. Because all the things Jason does in the comics or in the movie (animated) is because Batman wouldn't kill the joker. But in this time, Batman should have no problem of doing that. So why is Jason back? Could be something interesting.....

Plus, him posing as Batman is totally plausible. Because (I only saw the animated movie) Jason tells Batman "Tell me, what bothers you more? That your greatest failure has returned from the grave? Or that I have become a better Batman than you?" So he does want to show Bruce that he is a better version of Batman, who isn't afraid to cross the line.... But as our Batman is also crossing the line (like a LOT). This can be very interesting as to why Jason would do all of this. They can create an actual mystery, where Batman needs to find out why Jason is doing what he's doing. Where we find out there is a totally different kind of story going on with a mastermind (like Ra's or Hush or maybe even riddler) devising a very sinister plot.

Anyway, thats my two cents on it... I would love it if they actually do this. And Nightwing is always welcome. I mean Dick might just be in SS (Scott Eastwood is so mysterious).
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 1st, 2016, 7:42 pm

Not the most reliable source, but... that's interesting...

I don't know about you guys, but for his first solo movie, I would love to see something like:
Arkham Origins + Batman Year One
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Bane » May 1st, 2016, 8:13 pm

Oh god, it's sounding worse with every piece of information...

More villains does not = a better story... I don't want film that is full of cameos and constantly spitting references in my face. Just tell us a good story that doesn't disrespect the character unlike what happened with BVS
Bane

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby Mr Wayne » May 1st, 2016, 9:25 pm

In my opinion the best Graphic Novel is Hush. That involves a decent amount of characters. It sounds like they're going that direction with the movie.

Hmm imagine a combined Red Hood/Hush Team up kinda thing. I'd be in love.

I wouldn't want TOO many rouges though. Hope we get more info at SDCC.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby DatBat » May 1st, 2016, 10:21 pm

I think including more villains COULD work in these two ways:

1.) Jason is back and Batman doesn't know how, so he has to question other villains for what they might now.

2.) Jason is back and is killing lots of villains until he's able to find out where Joker is.

(also, I know there's been that Robin axe leaked, but right now I'm thinking that Batman didn't always kill and only did that once Jason died, and after Superman's "death" he regained his morals)
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Mr Wayne » May 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm

DatBat wrote:I think including more villains COULD work in these two ways:

1.) Jason is back and Batman doesn't know how, so he has to question other villains for what they might now.

2.) Jason is back and is killing lots of villains until he's able to find out where Joker is.

(also, I know there's been that Robin axe leaked, but right now I'm thinking that Batman didn't always kill and only did that once Jason died, and after Superman's "death" he regained his morals)

I like your thinking but regarding point 1, its Batman. It would be a great disservice to the character and his 'worlds greatest detective' nickname to not have him know. He should know how (laz pit) but he shouldn't know why/who that would make the mystery even better. Of course they could spin it different ways. Doesn't have to have been Talia or Ra's.

Regarding point 2. Would love to see Jason start gunning down the smaller villains. Would be a good way to introduce unfamiliar villains such as Holiday etc without doing down Dark Victory/Long Halloween storylines.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby arkhamcitydood » May 2nd, 2016, 4:24 am

I think we'll get no more than 6 villains. If we do, they will be very small cameos with a single line or two or not even any.

The Joker is. Given to return in some shape or form. That also means Harley Quinn. If joker is there, she will follow behind him. Deadshot is a given to me. I've always thought deadshot should be batman's first solo villain even before the dceu was a thing. And will smith will capitalize on that, showing how much of a problem he can be.
I've personally always thought Hugo Stramge would make a great initial villain, but I doubt they will go there for the solo film (or even any major role for a DC movie). Also, catwoman is probably a given. Most of these characters probably won't have more than 15 minutes of screen time besides the major players, and if we get several cameos, they will most likely take place in arkham asylum or something. Y'know, an iconic batman setting where all the loonies are kept in. Now I want an arkham asylum movie.

The way I see it is that the batman solo movie will basically just expand on the batman universe, with all his rogues. So seeing major characters that are influences to his character will most likely be in the film. If this is an origin story/ year one batman, then it is bullshit that we'll be seeing so many characters, because that makes no sense. But obviously if we're getting a batman movie taking place either right before or after BVS, many villains are a given. People, we no longer live in a world where films could only pull off one villain. With movies expanding as fast as they are, having multiple small-role villains makes sense (especially in the dceu, where we're getting a lot of characters and source material thrown at us ever so quickly)
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby pukipuki » May 2nd, 2016, 9:19 am

I want the Lazarus pit to be a thing Ra's mentions to Bats as the source of his eternal youth, only for Batman to find it to be a bust.... So the actual mystery is "How does Ra's live so long? And how did Jason come back?" Those should be the mysteries to solve for Batman.....
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Postby ChaosThe15th » May 2nd, 2016, 11:47 am

Have it set in Arkham over one night. Not adapting the game or the novel but possibly taking cues from them. That way you can have all your villain appearances but have 1 or maybe 2 as the main bad guys.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » May 7th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Well it looks like we'll see more of Gotham in Suicide Squad (Arkham Asylum, the strip club and car chase all seem to be in Gotham, ace chemicals, Joker and Harley under the bridge, etc) so I'm hoping we'll get a lot of Batman Mythos Easter eggs.

Assuming this is a Red Hood-centric story, lots of villains could work in a couple ways...
1. He's hunting down Batman's rogues ("doing what he was too weak to do..." Sort of thing)

2. Jason unites them against Batman like in Arkham Knight

3. Batman questions them on Red Hood

4. Jason breaks everybody out of the asylum and sets them loose on the city, like Bane did in Knightfall

5. He goes after Joker and Harley specifically
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jul 18th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Nothing would make me happier. Potential dream film right here.
http://batman-news.com/2016/07/18/ben-a ... am-asylum/
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Aug 11th, 2016, 3:27 am

After seeing Suicide Squad, I really really need to see more Joker and Harley, and the Batman movie is clearly the best place to do that. Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, and (hopefully) Red Hood in one movie. That's literally a dream.
I just realized how much we actually know about what happened to Robin.
1. The Joker killed Robin several years before the Black Zero event.
2. Harley Quinn was an accomplice to the murder.
3. "HA HA HA JOKES ON YOU BATMAN" was scrawled across the suit, which resides in the Batcave.
4. Non-canon comments by both Zac Synder and David Ayer claiming Joker killed Robin and Batman beat him badly.

Flashbacks to the murder intercut into a movie about Red Hood taunting Batman, featuring cameos by a bunch of other villains would be perfect IMO. Give JokerLeto some time to shine, finally get a live action Red Hood, more Harley Quinn, more villains.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Aug 12th, 2016, 2:49 am

After seeing Suicide Squad, I can definitely say that I'm looking forward for more Joker and Harley in the DC movies, however, with Batfleck himself behind the camera, I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to get Matt Damon for the role of Thomas Elliot/Hush as the main villain of the movie.
Damn! So many cool possibilities... so little time.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby arkhamcitydood » Aug 12th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Leto is going to nail the dynamic between joker and batman! In SS, when batman lands on the roof of his car, you can tell joker is excited. He's hyping himself up, laughing with Harley. The fact that joker gets excited for batman, just proves that they know what they're doing. If the movie takes place in arkham asylum like the rumor said, I will lose my shit (arkham asylum (video game)was what got me into batman).

-- Aug 12th, 2016, 9:00 am --

Leto is going to nail the dynamic between joker and batman! In SS, when batman lands on the roof of his car, you can tell joker is excited. He's hyping himself up, laughing with Harley. The fact that joker gets excited for batman, just proves that they know what they're doing. If the movie takes place in arkham asylum like the rumor said, I will lose my shit (arkham asylum (video game)was what got me into batman).

-- Aug 12th, 2016, 9:00 am --

arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby pukipuki » Aug 13th, 2016, 7:35 am

Guys, the Jokers teeth being knocked out by batman after robins death has a huge flaw. We see in the movie (spoilers....................................................................................................................)

The joker asks Harleen Quinzel (not harley yet) for a machinegun. At this point his teeth are already gone (I mean he has teeth grills or something, never had teeth problems, wouldnt know). But Harley initiation screen showed she was an accomplice to robins death. See where I'm going with this?
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies